[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about type immunities? Wouldn't it be better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 522.png (97KB, 252x362px) Image search: [Google]
522.png
97KB, 252x362px
How do you feel about type immunities? Wouldn't it be better if an immunity gets downgraded to super effectivity if the other type is weak to it, rather than the immunity prevailing?
>>
It's simple math

If a Pokemon is weak to a move, the move does 2x damage

If a Pokemon is immune to a move, the move does 0x damage

2 x 0 is still 0
>>
>>32484898
The whole typing system is broken.
Flying shouldn't be a type; it describes an action rather than a quality.
>>
I'm fine with immunties. If anything singe typed pokemon need some kind of buff since dual typed pokemon are more often than not better.
>>
I'm fine with type immunities existing, I just wish there were more moves that played around with them. Like OP's pic related, Bonemerang should have the ability to hit airborne targets even though it's a ground type move because the move is literally throwing the bone rather than just swinging it.
>>
>>32484898
Grass should have been immune to fairies.
>>
>>32485750
Fairies often control plants and bugs to do their bidding though.

Seriously I don't know where you pulled that shit out, fairies where never weak to trees outside of a very specific plebothinum post Lovecraft influence.
>>
>>32485760
Fairies as a creature of nature would never harm a harmless plant
IMO their pressence on bug should be neutral.
Bugs are indeed often portrayed as fairies pets but also as a huge problem.
>>
>>32485760
How things are portrayed in legend/the real world shouldn't have complete influence on a type especially a type as busted as fairy.
>>
>>32485672
Semantics. It describes the quality of not being grounded, like minior or celesteela.
>>
>>32485057
Unnecesary math imo.
I also wish 4x damage was replaced by 3x damage so there would be less ohko,
>>
File: bw scientist.png (2KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
bw scientist.png
2KB, 160x160px
>>32486909
>Unnecesary math imo.
There's no such thing as unnecessary math. Math is the only absolute, objective and exact truth in this universe, and it just happens to be the reason why immunities work like they do. It just makes sense and the numbers don't lie.
>>
>>32485721
What if STAB was nerfed to be 25% for dual-type?

>>32486154
If that's the reasoning, then I wish all fully-evolved regional birds would lose Normal type, because conceptually their quality of not being grounded far outweighs their quality of resembling IRL animals, just like pokémon that are literally "animal + fire" such as Ponyta don't HAVE to be Normal/Fire type.

>>32486909
I agree. There are more otherwise decent pokémon screwed by double weakness than otherwise broken ones balanced by double weakness.
>>
File: 1493973776981.png (71KB, 621x583px) Image search: [Google]
1493973776981.png
71KB, 621x583px
>>32486909
>>32486961

>3x ice weakness multiscale dragonite
>>
>>32485885
Fairies where never part of nature, in many folktales they were harbingers of destruction above all natural laws.

>>32485960
They do, literal plebothinum and coldsteel are their weaknesse.
>>
>>32487067
You don't know half of what you say.
>>
>>32486933
Ok.
>>
>>32486961
I'm pretty sure that the Normal type was only added to replace the Bird type and to give Pokémon with no type a typing. It was a mistake. (I think that it was also a move type before a Pokémon type.)
I have a complete replacement for the old typing system in mind.
>>
>>32486961
I really can't see anything wrong with that STAB change. It would slow down matches that can sometimes come down to "they used a Z move at the right time and it killed me even without a weakness".
>>
>>32487755
Go and read some actual fairy shit man.

They are always on the destructive side, the fairfolk were never nice.
>>
>>32485747
So you want bonemerang to become Thousand Arrows?
>>
>>32488556
I would preffer if it only hit flying types and didn't have a smack down effect to set it apart from thousand arrows (i.e. a marowak with it can hit skarmory or crobat for SE damage always and not only after the first turn)
>>
>>32484898
In double or triple battes have it so that hitting with an attack that the enemy is immune causes the next allied pokemon to lose their turn. In contrary hitting super effective hits causes your pokemon to gain one more turn (only works once per player turn per pokemon)
>>
>>32484898
What if immunities were changed to be 1/4 effectiveness? Would there be some type interactions that should be changed to super-duper effectiveness (ie x4 damage)?
>>
File: IMG_4177.png (45KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4177.png
45KB, 250x250px
>Acid that can dissolve a tanker's hull!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.