[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who thought it was a idea to have trainers visible during battle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: PokemonSunMoonAmazonJapan4.jpg (117KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonSunMoonAmazonJapan4.jpg
117KB, 1200x720px
Who thought it was a idea to have trainers visible during battle? Did we really need it?

>Have no functional purpose within battles

>Purpose of adding immersion backfires due to the wonky proportions found with some pokemon like Wailord

>Cause the game to easily lag. Especially bad during doubles

>Development time was wasted making high quality models for dozens of trainers when it could have went to more important aspects

Who's idea was it to do this?
>>
It looks nice. Would be even better on hardware that can actually handle it.
>>
>>32484514
Fuck off. People have been bitching for years to have trainers during battles and now you're bitching because they're included now. I swear the Pokémon fan base is one of the worst ones
>>
>>32484535
>You've been bitching for years for an absolutely awful implementation of something you wanted, and now you're bitching?

Why is this board so fucking stupid
>>
>>32484535
>Pokemon fanbase is one person

Also, I've never seen people ask for that. I have seen peopleask for following pokemon to return, which is equally retarded.
>>
I like it

FUCKING TRY ME BITCH
>>
A huge proportion of the fan base even though it adds absolutely nothing to the games and only serves to suck up dev time. For those who asked for it, now you got what you want, shut the actual fuck up. If you didn't, too bad, you're the minority, your opinion is worth less than shit.
>>
>>32484514

>Development time was wasted making high quality models for dozens of trainers when it could have went to more important aspects

Better than what happened in gen 6 selectively.,
>wasted models on those shit friends
>the professor
>Lysandre
>Flare grils/scientist guy
>the flare grunts
>the fuckin elite flare grunts
>AZ
>Holocaster Malava
>Wally/May/Brendan/Birch
>Zinnia
>Archie/Maxie
>Steven

>None for gym leaders
>None of the E4
>None for the magma/aqua grunts/admins
>Emma doesn't get one
>Diantha doesn't get one not like she deserves it
>>
>>32484572
And your 2 cents are less than that, so fuck off.
>>
>>32484545
If you didn't get that I think you're the stupid one
>>
File: you left-leaning pikachu.png (679KB, 960x914px) Image search: [Google]
you left-leaning pikachu.png
679KB, 960x914px
>>32484514
this is like one of the few things that i thought was an actual improvement in gen 7

fuck off, kys
>>
I think it's neat. Not needed, but with how detailed the backgrounds of battles are becoming, it'd be weird to not have the trainer back there
>>
I like it because Sun is super cute and I like seeing him, especially in his lewd swimsuit.
>>
>>32484673
What fucking improvement. It adds nothing. And the game fucking lags more often because of it.

Is everyone here a fucking brainlet.
>>
The op tried with this flop thread
>>
>>32484549
THIS.
For mme this was waisting time as I always project myself as a trainer anyway
>>
>>32484514
Personaly I would love sight from back like in actual battle and no trainer model for myself but with trainer model for opponent.
>>
>Sun is fucking 2 foot tall
That's just embarrassing.
>>
>>32484514
99% sure they only added it for the sake of Z moves so that kids can see the dance and copy it. Womp, oh well.
>>
I get to stare at Chicken-chan(11)'s ass in a swimsuit.
>>
File: 20160821_023449.png (129KB, 438x329px) Image search: [Google]
20160821_023449.png
129KB, 438x329px
>>32484895
>you like something I don't like so you're fucking stupid!!
>>
I guess we could have just had chibi models again but then you would have bitched about that to
>>
>>32484535
Bro, you don't know what a bad fandom is if you are calling the pokemon fandom shit. This stuff is pretty standard. Try the overwatch community if you want a shit fandom.
>>
>>32484514
Agreed. Never cared for this and don't really like to see the trainers in the battle. Annoying as fuck.
>>
>>32484549
Following Pokémon is retarded.

If anything it is an annoyance, we don't need that bullshit.

If they ever bring it back I hope they actually put a button to disable it. No I'm not kidding, this visual shit gets annoying in HGSS and I wish we had a toggle of button for it not called bike.

But knowing GF they will probably force you to have the Pokémon out at all instances.
>>
>>32485730
Probably a furfag roleplayer
>>
>>32484549
>Not having a Wailord follow you breaking the game with its model size
>>
>>32484535
>>32484514
Because of the 3DS' specs I really wish they hadn't done that. Doubles in Gen 6 are for the most part really fluid and the prettier battle scenarios do it for me, whereas seein a 20px tall Lass move her arm to command her Pokémon doesn't classify as eye candy to me. I wish they had removed that, or at least used blob shadows instead of real ones - lag would have been minimal then.
>>
For online it's nice, single player not so much
>>
>>32484514
>look kids
3D MODELS
AREN'T THEY GREAT?
THEY'RE SO NOT SPRITES
LOOK YOUR TRAINER IS THERE
ITS NOT LIKE YOU SEE THEM IN 95% OF NORMAL GAMEPLAY
fuck i want to go back to 2d so badly
>>
It -does- look prettier, and it makes character customization more noticeable, but it also adds nothing of value to the gameplay and actually breaks part of the immersion because you aren't watching your pokemon in battle as if you were in the game, instead you are watching your avatar control them. Also their implementation meant that they couldn't afford hordes, 3v3 and rotation battles anymore, which is pretty stupid.
>>
While it sucks that it causes so much lag, and I'd love to have an option to disable them so I can actually play doubles on the tree without dying inside, I love this feature, especially online. I've always found it fun to customize shit and see what other people do with their customizations in multiplayer, but now I can see their outfit along with their preferred battle style next to their pokemon, and do the same with my own character.
>>
>>32484531
The hardware CAN handle it, the problem is that GF can't optimize for shit and are the most incompetent developers of all time.
>>
>>32485773
When I first played SoulSilver (my first entry into the series) I liked having the mons follow me, but I did also like not having them always folliw me. I would have loved the ability to turn it off. Just a simple toggle in the Party menu would have worked.
>>
>>32486070
2d played better and felt better, I agree we need to go back.
>>
>>32486882
It's hilarious how people are trying to defend GF's incompetence by putting the blame on the system when the models have anything from 6000 to 10000+ polygons.
>>
File: 1458507979087.jpg (303KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1458507979087.jpg
303KB, 960x540px
It's unfortunate that the 3DS' specs combined with Game Freak's high poly models tanks the game's framerate, but finally making the trainers an active part of the battle scenes is definitely an improvement. A human trainer giving the commands is just as important as the Pokemon following them in the trainer-monster dynamic, so why shouldn't they be there?
>>
>>32486962
Last time I checked there always has to be a player at the console to issue orders.
And that holds true in game too seeing as there were NPCs trading and such.

Seriously though it can't be an improvement without an actual benefit. It's just a gimmick that does literally nothing.
>>
>>32486932
Sauce? That can't be right. who in their right minds would do this for 400x240 screen?
>>
>>32487508
>he doesn't know

Senpai...the pokemon battle models are future proofed as heck.
>>
>>32487518
But couldn't they downgrade them to a suitable degree instead of overloading the damn console. And do they plan to keep those washed out pastel colours and low res textures
>>
File: fag.png (19KB, 345x123px) Image search: [Google]
fag.png
19KB, 345x123px
>>32487611
>washed out pastel colours
those are the oficial colors from the sugimori art
the thing with sprites is that they were radioactive color
pic related is charizard's sprite with the sugi artwork color
>>
File: 1477680979667.jpg (83KB, 952x714px) Image search: [Google]
1477680979667.jpg
83KB, 952x714px
>>32484535
let me exemplefy this : you say you want an orange but they bring you a grapefruit , do you shut up and eat the grapefruit or do you demand for your orange ?
>>
>>32487655
this has to be the most retarded example ive ever seen
i ask for pokemon and they bring pokemon
>>
>>32487069
You can always roleplay as the player character yourself, but then we're ignoring all the NPCs.

>And that holds true in game too seeing as there were NPCs trading and such.
The meta shit gets pretty weird on occasion

And why would it not be an improvement if it gives the characters more personality? Would Team Skull be half as memorable if the grunts weren't flailing around in battles, or Guzma wasn't squatting and making halfhearted handwave gestures for commands? I'm fine with RPGs not having much in the way of presentation, I'd still play if we had static sprites of the enemy only from a 1st person viewpoint, but really now.
>>
>>32487667
>if it gives the characters more personality?
How in the fuck does it give the characters more personality if they're just standing and pointing?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.