[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly wrong? Why is the starter fanbase in Gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

What went so horribly wrong?

Why is the starter fanbase in Gen 7 the most cancerous thing to ever happen on this board?

Is it just autists sperging out on /vp/, or it's full of starter wars even outside this board?
>>
>>32482706
Breddit still hates the tiger, other than that the fanbase is much much calmer outside here. Only thing I can say is that these are shitty designs. Fuck Member HB and his filthy money.
>>
>>32482706
>or it's full of starter wars even outside this board?
All the starters get a lot of love outside of this board, Vp is just incredibly autistic when it comes to them
>>
File: 0f7839d2173fb7c1040ca8d428b871e3.jpg (92KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0f7839d2173fb7c1040ca8d428b871e3.jpg
92KB, 1024x1024px
>>32482706
Starterwars are perpetuated by falseflaggers who are actually Lycanrocfags. Since it's the definitive shillmon for this gen, they want to turn all the starterfags against eachother so no other Alola mons get in their way.
>>
Owl fans haven't come to terms with the fact it's not the next greninja yet
Cat gets too much shit for no reason
Water dog...is actually pretty chill
>>
File: yy344f_J.gif (549KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
yy344f_J.gif
549KB, 480x270px
>>32482768
Get out of here with this shit.
>>
I remember before they were confirmed, you'd have people defending all three. Insulting one meant you were insulting all three so there was some form of union there.

Too bad it's gone now.
>>
>>32482773
>Cat gets too much shit for no reason
Except that Incineshit gets shat on for perfectly justified reasons, such as shit design, shit model, shit movepool, shit stats, shit abilities, shit fanbase, shit concept, shit execution, shit typing and shit signature move. These are good reasons to shit on the cat, and in fact you're expected to shit on it too if you're a mentally healthy individual.
>>
>>32482837
THISSSSS!!!!!!!!!! BARA BTFO!!!!
>>32482723
>>32482758
>>32482768
>>32482773
>>32482787
FUCK OFF LITERAL BARA HAHAHHAHAHAHAH SALLLTLTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>32482773
>Owl fans haven't come to terms with the fact it's not the next greninja yet
I'm pretty sure the actual Owlfans that are still here did accept that a long time ago and are more tired than anyone else of starterwars. They just want to enjoy Decidueye without all the falseflagging it gets, and I say this as a Primarina fan.
>Cat gets too much shit for no reason
Definitely true
>Water dog...is actually pretty chill
Heh. I've seen both sides of its fanbase, there are definitely nasty Primarina fans here too. They tend to start less shit overall though.
>>
>>32482723
Here you go OP, this is what went horribly wrong.
>>32482837
>>32482855
>>
>>32482706
While I think a three look retarded. I don't believe they were design to be furbait so they defend their waifu/husbando. It probably has to due with they felt as if gamefreak want to screw them over on purpose. The owl has 100 sp.atk and nasty plot with no level up special attacks. Incineroar has the first stat reduction of a starter and is a weaker Arcanine. Primarina just has min-maxed yet average it has high special stats but medicore HP unlike other seal mons and liquid voice is fucking useless
>>
Decidueye is the most popular, but the other fans like to create false shit and pass it as evidence.

It is the same with Braixen last gen, it was faaaaaaaaaar more popular than the other 2 shitmons yet there was an active agenda pushed by vp mods and other frogfags to create a false ambience of "Popularity". It failed anyway.

The same is gonna happen to my Deciudeye.
>>
I'm not sure outside of /vp/, but inside /vp/, it's just a unholy mess of false flaggers, shitposters and "muh opinion is better than yours" posters. Mostly the former than the latter, but mileage may vary.

Being a Chesnaught fan and having witnessed gen 6 in these boards (I've been in here ever since the boards were created though), I never even felt bothered or at least, never really saw that much starter war at that time? Might have been time zones, dunno. There were some Chesnaught hate flinging at one point, but comparing it to now, with these current starter wars? That shit seems so tame now. I think that was only one guy too.

I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but I feel like washing my hands off from the gen 7 starters after witnessing some things in these boards. I'm not sure what even motivates these people to keep doing what they're doing, maybe it's Greninja's popularity or maybe it's because the starters look more humane and possibly more relatable to them? Yeesh.

Then again, Sun and Moon had so little to do in post-game, I think everyone's already pretty fucking tired of the game at this point and now they would rather get their jollies out of... posting another false flagging Incineroar/Decidueye/Primarina thread, hate thread or going "barafags/tranny seal fags/owlfags" on every thread.
>>
>>32482898
Oh god, you are here too. You are exactly why people hate Decidueye fans, and probably Decidueye fans hate you too for saying shit like this.
>>
>>32482706
It's not, there's an user we used to nickname the Omega-autist, he used to go to /got/ to fake fights between Jon Snow/Ramsay/Stannis, and the samefag was obvious and unending.

He's been here since 2014 doing similar shit, first Flygon, then taking part on the Goodra spam, then genwars, now he's pretending to fight himelf over the starters too.

You can see "him" in other main sites too, I heard he even makes leddit threads thrice a day with alt accounts. rumour says it's an outsourced company paid to shill here since pokemen started to sell way too much for some competition's liking.
>>
>>32483786
He's samefagging in this one too see:

>>32482908
>>32482898
>>32482934

It's mostly Astroturfing, wouldn't surprise me if OP is another employee too, with the tripfaggotry and all, they are desperate after their 2 year effort to sabotage Oras failed, and now SM is an even bigger hit, not to mention Go making the brand too popular.

>I heard he even makes leddit threads thrice a day with alt accounts

Just checked Fagddit to confirm: he made at least two threads there today alone it seems, so those 'rumours" must be true:

reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/69uhsv/why_humanlike_designs_do_a_disservice_to_starters/

reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/69t7t7/if_litten_had_been_the_fire_type_starter_for_gen/
>>
>>32483786
>>32483870
>it's an absurd conspiracy theorist episode
An astroturfer isn't going to help something make money by going on a korean picture show board and talking about Decidueye, Incineroar, Primarina, Lycanroc or whatever.
>>
>>32483870
This is hilarious, and pitiful, all at once for that guy then.

I'm fine with this gen's starters, I chose Litten and like Incineroar just fine.
>>
Are their hidden abilities available yet?
>>
File: IMG_2755.jpg (85KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2755.jpg
85KB, 1024x640px
>>32482706
>tfw you boxed your starter
>>
>>32482898
Lol go back to your conspiracy theories forum man there's no place for them on /vp/
>>
>>32482784
I mean he isn't actually wrong. All the starterwars ARE perpetuated by falseflaggers, but they're only doing it for (You), and because they knew /vp/ would fall for it.
>>
>>32482768
>t. Salty Daycuck trying to make us Nightbros look bad
>>
They made ugly as fuck these starters on purpose to fucking kids can still liking fucking charizard
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.