[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The stars are lining up to see Pokemon Stars this week >11

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 10

The stars are lining up to see Pokemon Stars this week

>11 years ago this week we got the first info of DP
>9 years ago this week, Platinum got revealed
>8 years ago tomorrow, HGSS got revealed
>7 years ago this week, we got the first real info on BW
>4 years ago this week, we got the first real info on XY
>3 years ago today, ORAS was revealed
>1 year ago this week, we got the first real info on Sun/Moon
>Neogaf uncovered a slot for a Nintendo Direct that could be held this week
>Corocoro in 2 weeks
>Look Upon The Stars merchandise coming soon
>Eurogamers rumor for Stars on the Switch lines up perfectly with a Fall release date
>>
Yep 100% expecting it in corocoro this month.
>>
File: C_PVhiDW0AEeygP.jpg (271KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
C_PVhiDW0AEeygP.jpg
271KB, 1500x1500px
>>32482189
>le GameFreak patterns
lmao
>>
>>32482192
I'm predicting before Corocoro actually,
They've been trying to beat it to the punch in terms of announcements lately since it always leaks a few days ahead of time
>>
>>32482189
What's it gonna be, boys???
http://www.strawpoll.me/12917468
>>
>>32482212
Waaayyyy too soon for gen 8,
They'd have to cut the anime off before they even leave the second island
>>
>>32482212
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12917468

I'm not choosing anything. My bet is either Pokemon StarZ or Pokemon EclipZe.
>>
>>32482189
People still believe Stars rumour is real

Also Gamefreak NEVER released two games in the same region with one year so another Alola game wont happen this year
>>
>>32482212
>Gen8
>No remakes DP
Kill yourself
>>
>>32482220
Stars is a codename like "Rainbow" was for Sun and Moon
It could literally be called anything
>>
>>32482212
You forgot DP remakes and Kalos revisit
>>
The next game for gen 7 will be on the 3DS, that's a given. The 3DS isn't dead yet, especially since they only just announced that new 2DS XL.
>>
>>32482229
Stars is a codename. StarZ is not a codename, that is a curveball.
>>
>>32482228
Too soon for DP remakes,
they havent done 2 remakes on the same console and they wouldnt launch a new system with remakes
I'm pretty sure we'll get Stars now, and then the next games after that will be Gen 8 or DP remakes
>>
>>32482246
>Too soon for DP remakes,
>they havent done 2 remakes on the same console

They also havent done the same region game within one year
>>
>>32482230
>Kalos revisit
Why the fuck would they do that?
>>
>>32482282
Because its unfinshed and since 2013 is the best selling 3ds game?
>>
>everyone just copying joe's words everywhere

get your own brains. christ.
>>
File: Pokemon-Emulator-comparison.jpg (967KB, 1600x863px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Emulator-comparison.jpg
967KB, 1600x863px
I'm thinking it's gonna lean more towards Switch instead of 3DS

3DS can barely run Sun/Moon as it is, plus they removed nearly all required second screen features and they have every model ready to go for following Pokemon,
The initial Eurogamer leak said that it was developed with the Switch in mind

Plus the games as they are now look amazing upscaled
>>
>>32482318
Bullshit, Nintendo is releasing new 2DS XL this summer, they're not done with 3DS just yet
>>
File: gafgold.png (19KB, 348x115px) Image search: [Google]
gafgold.png
19KB, 348x115px
>>32482189
>Neogaf uncovered a slot for a Nintendo Direct that could be held this week

That happened before and no direct popped up. Calm down with those expectations senpai.
>>
>>32482282
It would be the most unpredictable thing GF could do for Gen 7. A direct sequel ala B2W2 with just Alola is too predictable.
>>
>>32482212
BW3
>>
>>32482331
I'd be surprised if thats anything besides the GBA Micro of this gen,
they released that even after the DS came out

That being said, that's probably the biggest thing in favor of it being on 3DS, but with everyhing else, I think Switch is way more likely
>>
>>32482356
People forget what happened with 3ds. XY was released after 3ds price cuts and they even released even cheaper 2ds.

Switch is still very expensive for the core audience of Pokemon: very young people who cant paay for themselves. GF wont release on Switch anytime soon because they're not suicidal idiots
>>
>>32482318
>>32482356
No way the new game is coming to the Switch, that's gen 8.

SM sold 15 million+, Switch couldn't support those kind of sales yet.
>>
Either Red Sun and Blue Moon (Red Blue remakes, Kanto) or DP remakes

Too early for Gen8
>>
>>32482738
Red Blue remakes should be the 25th Anniversary

Stars - 2017
DP remakes - 2018
Gen 8 - 2019
FireRed Leafgreen remakes - 2021

potentially you could switch gen 8 with DP so that could be on the gen 8 engine instead
>>
>>32482224
>implying the cut content and areas found in the game won't be ported to the switch and then released.
>>
>>32483043
Hano Grand Resort and the golf course was meant to be a Trial Site with Kahili being the captain
Thats the reason she's the only person in the Elite 4 you dont know
That would bring the total up to 8, like all the other games
>>
>>32482228
>Gen6
>No remakes RS
Stop being a patternfag.
>>
>>32483013
Here is my timeline

2017: Stars, StarZ, Earth/Stars or EclipZe on 3DS
2018: Break year or previous game(s) rendered in HD
2019: Two years from 2017 to develop the first core pair for Switch
2020: Diamond & Pearl (Begin development 18-24 months prior)
2021: ????????? or Break
>>
We'll get something this month or nothing this year, however it's not Stars.

Besides we already know Gen VIII is next year on Switch, assuming there are no delays. I don't think they'd rush Gen VIII along so fast if they planned to jump to it mid-Gen VII.
>>
>>32482195
Im thinking its less a pattern and more just the month of the year a lot of games get unvieled that arent being saved for E3
>>
File: 1415567284760.png (16KB, 174x231px) Image search: [Google]
1415567284760.png
16KB, 174x231px
I ask for one thing and one thing only

No plaza.
Replace the plaza, it is my only dying wish.
>>
>>32482246
It has been 10 years since DPPT and they were on the DS, not the 3DS. FYI, FRLG came out in 2004, and RBY came out (in NA) in 1998.
>>
File: Pokemonstadiumbox.jpg (93KB, 256x176px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemonstadiumbox.jpg
93KB, 256x176px
>inb4 its a switch version of pokemon stadium
>>
there is no game this year.
>>
>>32483441
Granted it has been replaced with the Festival Tunnel, which is just FP but underground
>>
>>32482189
>first real info
Stop parroting joe like his word is gospel
His defining what is and isn't "real" info is the stupidest bullshit I've read all week
>>
>>32483305
This gen feels more like gen 5 to me. IMO we'll get SM2 this time next year with gen 8 in Sept 2019 on Switch (or 3DS successor if Ninty goes crazy and that happens).
>>
>>32482195
>corocoro gets officially released around the 15th of each month and gets leaked a few days before
HaHa lol patterns XD GoD
>>
>>32482189
Pokemon Stars is coming early 2018, probably Feb. Gen 4 Remakes are going to be mid 2019, maybe May, Gen 8 is gonna be 2020, and probably a Kanto remake in 2021 for the 25th anniversary.
>>
>>32483059
That moment when you understand that she only is a character based on golf words.
>>
>>32483645
she has a golf club

what the fuck anon
>>
>>32482212
It's going to be Pokémon Z duh
>>
Sun & Moon is set in two universes. I am thinking another pair of games as the grand finale to Gen VI and VII. The stories in both universes would be complete.

Remember, Necrozma absorbs and refracts light. I think that Necrozma will change form with the same method Rockruff uses for Midday Form in Sun and Midnight Form in Moon. Necrozma will use the energy left by Solgaleo or Lunala like Rockruff to reach Sunlight Form and Moonlight Form.

Zygarde came to Alola because he sensed that Necrozma has been awakened.

The games would be titled Pokemon Sunlight & Pokemon Moonlight. Much more fitting for Necrozma than Sun 2 & Moon 2. The games could still have Kalos without a Z in the titles.

Good theory?
>>
I can't believe you are all being played this easily. Nothing is going to happen but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
>>
>>32483491
I think you may be reading too much into this.

Joe's just telling people to be on alert for any upcoming news because a majority of the time it's happened around now. He's not saying there WILL be any.
>>
>>32482192
Probably a Pokemon Direct.
Not nintendo's direct, but Pokemon's own direct on twitch, then teaser drop in youtube channel with Masuda ded/on suicide watch.

I'm likely wrong, but they're kinda in a race with Shin Megami Tensei/Yokai Watch on marketing. So tpci is going to namedrop this month, and not an actual footage for 1/2 weeks afterward until Coro2 catch-up.

I'm actually more hype for a direct sequel of Nocturne or Devil Survivor 3

>>32482212
Stars on BOTH switch and 3DS- both supporting pokebank and combined global link.
>>
>>32482218

At this rate, it'll be years before Ash leaves Melemele
>>
When was the last time we got a main line pokemon game in a home console?
Oh, right. Never.
>>
>>32482212
>no option for release on both 3ds and switch
>>
If this is gonna be on Switch, I can see them adding post game Kanto
Just have the character go on the journey to visit Bill instead of Lillie

Imagine how much money that'd draw in from the nostalgia crowd alone, plus it'll give lots of incentive to double dip for the new version
>>
>>32482189
Stars ain't gonna be on the switch
>>
>stars DLC
>battle frontier
>gym leader rematches
>new elite 4 teams
>fifth island with all new alola forms and an expanded dex
>new quest
>marshadow form

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THIS
>>
>>32483929
>race with Shin Megami Tensei
Tell me more.
>>
>Expanded Dex
>Battle Frontier
>Battle Tree expanded or PWT
>Free camera controls
>More water areas, Its Hawaii for cryin out loud! (inb4 ign)
>Create gyms in the postgame by recruiting the trial captains
>Ultra Beast storyline rewritten to give them more of an impact

Come on GF, Sun and Moon are so close, make this the best in the series
>>
Also, it'll be great to have Cynthia and Wally do stuff in the story like Colress and the Kalos duo do

Wally could be like a mentor to the player at certian points which would be awesome to round out his character arc from ORAS

Cynthia should be involved in the Ultra Beast and legendaries story line, she could bring in all her knowledge and set up the future remakes at the same time
>>
>>32482189
I'm feeling an announcement in July to be honest with you guys.
>>
Guzma
Watch, you'll see...
>>
>>32482212
>>32482195
>>32482192
Don't excite me, bois!
>>
Has Gamefreak ever announced a new same-gen game when every Pokémon from the generation has already been revealed?
>>
I don't like the name Pokemon Stars. Pokemon Earth is much better . It would complete the trio a lot better, especially if Zygarde gets a fucking purpose this time.
>>
>>32485725
FRLG, Emerald, HGSS, BW2
>>
>>32482212
>No DPPt remake option
>No Z option
>No Kanto reremake option
It's a shit poll.
>>
>>32482189
>The stars are lining up to see Pokemon Stars this week

We said this about ash winning the league and now look where we are
>>
Nintendo Switch is just etting started and its price is sill high

If you think GF would invest big money to produce more expensive version of the game they just released only for it to be relased within the first year on a brand new console when the price is still too big for their core audience and when the same game is still fresh on the other console then somethings wrong with your reasoning

Its not happenig, at the very least in this year
>>
File: 4chan Pokemon Stadium.png (68KB, 1449x348px) Image search: [Google]
4chan Pokemon Stadium.png
68KB, 1449x348px
>>32483464
I would cry tears of nostalgiafag joy. This is ultimately what I want. Pic related.
>>
>>32485994
>Switch is selling well as it is
>Huge opening for new fans who bought a Switch to get into Pokemon, a lot of their core audience is likely among Switch sales too
>Release the game on a console that can't be pirated. (Shit ton of people pirate because it's convenient over the fact that they can't afford it)
>Releasing Stars on Switch is a win/win for GF and Nintendo
>>
>>32485994
>GF: "Hey Nintendo, should we put Stars on the Switch?"
>Nintendo: "No, no! We don't want the Switch to sell THAT well! It's too early for all those profits!
>>
>>32486074
>Release the game on a console that can't be pirated.
yet.
>>
>>32486076
It actually is, considering they won't have that many systems in circulation
>>
>>32486074
>>32486076
Switch sales are around 3 million. If you think a third version of SM would boost its sales to 15 milions then you're dumb
>>
>>32486074
>Releasing Stars on Switch is a win/win for GF and Nintendo
please do tell how releasing a game on a console with an install base of a few million instead of nearly 50+ million is a win for GF
>>
>>32486388
And not to metion they had to put a lot more time and money to make an updated version of an older game

All that for most likely a lot smaller sales (smaller base and 3rd games always selling worse) while the main games were released just few months ago. This doesnt make any sense
>>
File: Mike Costanza.jpg (27KB, 315x325px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Costanza.jpg
27KB, 315x325px
>>32482189
>Neogaf
>>
>>32486388
have you not been paying attention to how well Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has sold?
>>
>>32486076
They've specifically said they won't release for consoles that aren't already established.
>>
>>32486417
Yeah 1 million sales is craziness
>>
File: 1467613900405.jpg (40KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1467613900405.jpg
40KB, 583x583px
>>32482189
>sun moon stars
>all stuff in space
>space time
>diamond and pearl remake

it all comes together...
>>
>>32486417
That has nothing to do with GF
>>
I don't care just give me an anime based on game lore worth more Looker and shit already. I need to know what happened to Croagunk.
>>
>>32486529
was he not killed by heatran in Pt?
>>
>>32486529
Have you tried reading Pokemon Special?
It's not exactly game lore, but it draws heavy inspiration from it and incorporates a lot of game lore into its own story.
>>
>>32482189
Permanent Perfect Zygarde with Aura Break when??!1!!
>>
>>32486597
I just want Zygarde to have a slightly bigger role in the story, If nothing else at least a battle

Maybe you have to find 99 cells (With Dexio and Sinnia caling you up with deepest lore every time you find 10) and then fight him in his perfect form when you get the 100th
>>
>>32483729
This man 5 years ago.
>I can't believe you are all being played this easily. Nothing is going to happen. Fairy-type is a fucking dream.
>>
>>32482404
this
>>
Right Pokémon Z.
>>
>>32487689
Well, deepest Lore demands that Perfect Jigarude must have Aura Break as its ability tho and be permanent and ofc it having actually something to do during the main story would be nice
>>
>>32483687
If only anon, if only.
>>
>>32486597
>Permanent Perfect Zygarde with Aura Break when??!1!!

And make its BST 720
>>
If Stars ends up confirmed, who else wants to see more lore about the fallers?

>Stars post-game involves collecting "star power" to reawaken the memories of fallers
>>
>>32483305
Very much doubt Gne VII to last more than three years. Especially since every event mon got releaved, there being no national dex and the lack of open air for plot continuation
>>
>>32488901
There is that live action detective pikachu movie coming up. That wouldnt have any event pokemon.
>>
I don't want Sinnoh remakes. Sinnoh is already perfection.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.