[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In retrospect, this game was not bad at all. Actually, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: pokemon-oras1.jpg (52KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-oras1.jpg
52KB, 780x439px
In retrospect, this game was not bad at all. Actually, it's probably one of the best in the franchise. It doesn't focus too much on the story like SM does and it has godly features like the DexNav. I started playing a week ago after I finished Sun for the second time, and honestly, I wanted it to never end. It was like a breathe of fresh air after spending so much time with SM. Really! For me, maybe it might surpass HGSS...maybe not, we'll see but for now, I feel like a kid in the candy store..like my childhood came back to me. Flashbacks to my youth of playing nothing but Ruby started flooding in when I explored Route 113. I just wanted to be a kid again, back when Pokemon was still young and fresh! I stayed on the route for 10 minutes doing nothing but taking it all it and man did I cry...not like a fag bawling his eyes out but if you called it "manly tears" it would be just that. You see, I didn't have any friends growing up so playing this game again made the feels resurface. Pokemon was my escape.
ORAS made me remember something very important: I love Pokemon. I love Hoenn. I love RSE. And I love ORAS.
The only people that shit on this game are the Battle Frontierfags and really, you guys need to get over it. No one cares. I don't, /vp/ doesn't, the real fans don't, and most importantly, the real world doesn't. Now I will be listening to route 113 again in game. Adios.
>>
>>32480237
They're better than SM and XY, but still painfully mediocre by the series standards.
>>
>>32480237
Why is it that /vp/ stockholm syndromes itself into liking games they hated before after they get disappointed even more?
>>
File: p5mice.jpg (168KB, 1000x595px) Image search: [Google]
p5mice.jpg
168KB, 1000x595px
>>32480249
I implore you to play them again, anon. You will have a different opinion after playing the shit known as SM.
>>
>>32480262
I fucking love how he tries to repeat the joke after everyone goes silent. I fucking love yusuke man.
>>
File: IMG_9554.png (1MB, 1209x1060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9554.png
1MB, 1209x1060px
>>32480237
>this game is nostalgic therefore it's good

Your pretty much as bad as the genwunners. All you talked about was how nostalgic the game was without actually taking about gameplay. People like you should never review games.
>>
>>32480309
What is there to explain about gameplay in Pokemon, anon. I'm positive you played them all to know how to they play.
>muh post game
Online is enough.
>muh delta episode
Multiverse theory is cool and Zinnia is hot. Next.
>muh megas
What's exactly wrong with megas? I never got the hate here.
>Hoenn is terrible
Only region that makes you feel like you're on a real adventure travelling the land, seas, sky and even space.
>muh trumpets
Best Pokemon music hands down.

I think I got the gist of the complaints here. Any I missed?
>>
>>32480332
(You)
>>
File: C8NGs7qVwAA6Z6P.jpg (85KB, 688x440px) Image search: [Google]
C8NGs7qVwAA6Z6P.jpg
85KB, 688x440px
>>32480349
I see you refuse to refute any of my points then. We're done here.
>>
>>32480332
This
>>
>>32480262
>It'll seem better if you lower your standards!
I don't dislike ORAS, but that's really stupid.
>>
>>32480367
I told you to play them again NOT lower your standards.
>>
>>32480354
if someone makes the point that the music is not great, you cant just say "actually the music is the best." Obviously that is a matter of taste, and shouldnt have been brought up in the first place. Included features in a game are NOT a matter of taste, and a game can be judged based on its features and how they are executed.
>>
>>32480237
I didn't hide the post game under my tongue this time
>>
File: IMG-20161211-WA0015.jpg (6KB, 155x154px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161211-WA0015.jpg
6KB, 155x154px
>>32480332
>online is enough
HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Your whole argument boils down to "RSE was good" but you say nothing of ORAS itself. Also, your closing point can be summed up as "I don't need anything else and you shouldn't either."

You and people like you are the reason there has been a dearth of content in the last three Pokemon games. You don't ask for anything more than a bare-bones Pokemon experience, and Gamefreak is happy to oblige. Why would they go out of their way to add postagme features like they did in HGSS, BW2, or RSE (which you claim to love so much) if you're happy with less?

I am happy for you that you are so easily satisfied, but you must understand that many other people are not.
>>
>>32480332
A lot of seas to explore, almost like there is too much water

6/10 ign
>>
>>32480237
Are you me? No. Are we friends now because of your taste? Yes.
Fantastic, anon. You're great
>>
>>32480450
Like you're one to talk. You're whole argument boils down to "I hate ORAS" but you don't explain why you hate it. I love ORAS because RS was great. It's all I wanted in a remake.
>>
>>32480237
Updated DexNav was literally the only good thing to come out of ORAS
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 194x260px
>>32480485
>You're whole argument boils down to "I hate ORAS" but you don't explain why you hate it

This has to be a troll. Aside from the other poster literally stating in his post his complaints for ORAS, the reasons everyone hates ORAS have been beaten into the ground at this point.
>>
>>32480450
ORAS does got A LOT OF CONTENT. ORAS being content lacking is nothing but a meme.

Battle Maison, Contests, Super expanded Secret Bases, DexNav Chaining, Soaring to secret islands, Battle Tests, Pokemon Amie, Super Training games, Trainers Eye with better rosters, Mauville Food Court, Delta Episode, and more...
>>
>>32480486
>And the expanded story and characters
>And the graphics
>And the expanded contests
>And the Blissey Bases
>And the best breeding mechanics
>And the soaring
>And the epic outer space battle
>And the legendary hunt
>And the Battle Resort
>And the new Safari Zone
>And the new mirage islands
>And the Battle Maison which is underrated
>>
>>32480504
This bullshit list of false claims? Do you never learn, ORAS haters?
>>
>>32480504
>I can't make an argument but I'll just post this shitty ass false list to cover that up
Lol.
>>
>>32480237
Exactly.
Well said anon, well said.
>>
What happened to /vp/? We used to hate Gen VI as a whole.
>>
>>32480567
>we

speak for yourself. I have disdain toward some things in XY but enjoyed oras
>>
>>32480249
They're worse than SM and XY.

Actually, they are the worst games aside from RS. Hoenn is just crap.
>>
>>32480527
>>32480534

>Asshurt that people call your average game average
>>
>>32480504
Reaching: the picture.
>>
>>32480585
ORAS is great, not average.
>>
>>32480520
You can have the rest of those, but don't tell anybody here that the Battle Maison was ANYTHING except a lazy half assed move by the creators because they wanted to get the games out quicker rather than actually spending time making the battle frontier or hell even something like the battle tree.
>>
>>32480237
This isn't your fucking blog OP

Also sounds like a classic case of being blinded by nostalgia looking at it through your "manly" tears
>>
>>32480237
>He thinks story focus is bad
>He thinks story focus is why SM sucked
I mean unless you think story = cutscenes then that's just retarded.
>>
>>32480618
It is extremely average, anon. Emerald was great. ORAS didn't offer significant improvement and was made 10 years later.
>>
>>32480332
Project a little harder next time
>>
>>32480237
It's just a worse Emerald. Getting past that shitty Mall-ville area is such a headache. Fuck that game.
>>
>>32480237
Oras is terrible mate.
>>
>>32480658
is this bait?
>>
>>32480511
>Battle Maison
>Pokemon Amie, Super Training games
>Mauville Food Court
Those were all available in XY though, and XY even did the food court stuff better.

>Contests
Sorry but I enjoy using my Pokemon for their intended purposes, especially my Mega Lucario.. Oh, wait. Literally every other mega stone in the game is handed to you in one way or another. Why are Lucario and Garchomp locked behind these "gameplay rewards" walls? Contests are not fun and it shouldn't take hours of grinding to capture 1,000 fucking flags for a mega stone.

Secret Bases and DexNav are absolutely an improvement, I'll give you that. Excellent features and I hope to see them return. Trainer's Eyes is an okay feature but there's no point to battling other trainers again with the plethora of Blissey Bases. By the time you're finished grinding up a shit ton of levels for evolutions or moves, the Pokemon will be strong enough to go deal with the Elite Four more than likely, at least up until the day rolls over and you can use your Blissey Bases again. Soaring was arguably a gimmick but it was a useful one in the sense that you didn't need Fly anymore and could visit cool places, along with basically being your ride to the "Friend Safari" from XY if you will. Locations with 1~3 wild Pokemon per island.

>Battle Tests
Don't even remember what that is to be completely honest.

>Delta Episode
I'll give you that one as well. Legit post-game content and the ability to catch Deoxys in-game instead of waiting for a giveaway like every game prior, bar Pokemon Bank.

>and more
Such as? That's kind of it, and quite a bit of it is just menu surfing.

tldr only half of your points stand up.
>>
>>32480237
Story focus was not one of the reasons why SM is bad. ORAS is pretty much the worst entry in the series, maybe tied with XY.
Gen 6 was a mistake.
>>
>>32480249
Not true. Pokemon as a series isn't like this amazing work of art. Aside from Emerald, Platinum, and ORAS, the series is just kind
>>32480582
This isn't true either. R/S are one of the better dual games and ORAS is the best remake. Sun/Moon are interactive movies and XY is just mediocre. Hoenn is one of the best regions.
>>
>>32480582
Hoenn is probably the best region in the games my dude.
>>
File: 1493247458105.jpg (119KB, 901x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493247458105.jpg
119KB, 901x1200px
>>32480237
Hoenn has the heaviest emphasis on exploration, more than any other region in the series. That is why I think it's the best.

But that's an opinion. And it's also an opinion when people shit on them. Something subjective.

What ISN'T subjective, however, is it's success. Hoenn is the most successful Pokemon remake, and that's a fact. Not only are they the best selling remakes, but they accomplished that while being on a less popular system than HG/SS and FRLG. Not to mention, the original R/S didn't sell as much as the original R/B and G/S.

This probably burns Hoenn Haters up, because they know they can't refute this.
>>
>>32482729
You can always just say that popularity isn't an indication of how good something is.
>>
I liked the level progression in ORAS. If you didn't use the experience share you were always right at the level of the gyms and stuff.
>>
>>32482760
I already mentioned that thinking ORAS (or any game for that matter) is bad or good is a person's subjective opinion. I feel like Nintendo and Game Freak would disagree with you though. They're businesses. Businesses want money. So obviously, they're going to favor the games that are the most successful. Why else do you think Nintendo cranks out Mario games several times a year, yet F-Zero hasn't gotten one in years.
>>
>>32482814
That's because gen 3 had a generally forgiving level curve that wasn't GSC-tier boring
>>
>>32480332
I was gonna reply seriously, but then I caught the trap just in time.

>>32480450
This. People who like ORAS are coming from the headspace that the entire fanbase is fine with the games because they are, and anything that is missing must have been bad to everyone.

>>32482814
>>32482861
I never used the EXP Share in ORAS and was overlevelled by Norman
>>
>>32482928
>I never used the EXP Share in ORAS and was overlevelled by Norman
yes, that coincides directly with
>gen 3 had a generally forgiving level curve that wasn't GSC-tier boring
>>
>>32482928
>implying people can't like ORAS but be upset about missing features at the same time
Don't be an idiot. I miss Gym Leader matches, but I'm not going to pretend like ORAS is the series' equivalent to Sonic 06 just because they're absent.
>>
>>32482988
Pokemon doesn't have a Sonic '06 equivalent in all honesty
>>
>>32482988
That's not what I said and that's not what the person I was replying to said.
>>
>>32480567
We reached Gen7 endgame is what happened.

SM is great until you realize it has worse endgame than gen6. Even replaying it is apparantly a pain with so much dialogue.

I played in Japanese and it was harder than a visual novel, especially since theres no voice acting and no scrolling back to see what text you missed.

I love SM but it's an RPG first and a monster battling game second. I'm dying for the next game so I can never go back to that plaza(one of the worst endgames in the series).

The games are also slow as hell on original 3ds, dunno about new 3ds. It needs a Stars badly.
>>
>>32480679
How is that projecting..?
>>
File: IMG_1721.jpg (43KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1721.jpg
43KB, 540x482px
Can we give the Zelda Cycle back to LoZ?
>>
>>32480332
You created your own points to counter and still failed at it almost every time
>>
>>32480237
>orashatergirl/goodratard/mugsnotdrugs now pretending to love oras in order to hate sm

It'll be hilarious when you pretend to love sm to hate Gen 8. But this really show how good those last ones have been, when the shills need to do that to keep their strategy going.
>>
>>32480237
>>32480262
>>32480254
>>32480249

Since you're samefagging this much this time, can you tell us how much you get as a salary to astroturf? I know it's not much, otherwise they wouldn't hire a literal useless gay manlet, but still, how does it feel samefagging as a job?
>>
>>32485624

Thanks for pointing out the samefag, I was going to call out >>32480254 for thinking a single tard who samefags threads daily = /vp/ until you make me notice it was OP too. He even posted his autistic old collage on another post.

>>32483283
>worse postgame even through there's 10 times more post-game
>says endgame instead of postgame

Looks like they hired a new one too;
>>
>>32483283
>literally biggest post-game since BW
>less than xy
>inset laughinggirls.jpg

It's like that shit were you pretend the starters are humanoids when they aren't, or when you pretended oras had no post-game neither. you think if you can just lie enough times, people will just start beliving
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.