[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just how meta-defining would an Auto Trick Room ability be? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 94095348534.jpg (34KB, 339x351px) Image search: [Google]
94095348534.jpg
34KB, 339x351px
Just how meta-defining would an Auto Trick Room ability be? If you extend it to 8 turns, just how much of the meta as we know it will change?
>>
>>32477506

It would be broken as shit and Smogon would instantly ban it

And I don't think Game Freak would be retarded enough to put it on a non-Uber level Pokemon
>>
>>32477530
Why do people worry so much about Smogon? Not trying to argue, I'm honestly wondering.
>>
>>32477543
Because the alternative is Doubles/VGC and a lot of people just want to play Singles, since the two formats call for very different playstyles.
>>
Trick Room isn't like weather or terrain.
>>
>>32477543
I hate smogon, but
>play game for 20 years
>99% of the battles are singles
>Irl championships are doubles
Gamefreak can eat shit. They should have made all the battles in game be doubles since they were introduced in gen 3 or make vgc singles.
>>
Auto makes it dangerous for everybody, even for Trick Room teams because you can reverse it by switching in
Speed is probably the one stat that is a crux for a pokemon's performance, and we'd be playing around with every pokemon's speed stat. If you think pokemon underperform because they are too slow now, with auto Trick Room, you'll have fast pokemon being denied now too. The problem doesn't immediately go away for slow pokemon, because Trick Room reverses, but now the same problem will affect more pokemon.
Faster teams would have to run Trick Room setters to reverse the opponent's Trick Room. But because it is automatic, if the opponent doesn't bring an auto setter, the faster teams will be auto screwing themselves over too.
Perhaps the settled meta would revolve around mid speed tier pokemon that would be okay whether Trick Room is up or not. Frankly, because of how many pokemom this could screw over, fast or slow, it would probably be just banned outright.
>>
>>32477788
Yes lets have a single official tourney with a schedule take twice as long.
>>
>>32477811
You've got a fair point, but they could at least make some effort to make doubles more present in the games.
>>
Most likely, an auto trick room ability is insta-banned. Majority of the current metagame involves around fast sweepers or tanky mons.
Most speedy mons are mediocre defensively, which means without the speed, they'll be 1-2hko.
It would give incentive to run either a trick room user yourself or stall, as they can out-tank the damage most of the time and win after a few thousand turns.
Lele becomes the bane of your existence as priority is one of the few ways to bypass trick room. Choice Scarf usage drops like talonflame in gen 7.
On the other hand, there would be a rise in bulky attacker like Conkeldurr. Eviolite and Assault Vest is better than ever. Set-up sweeper sets are killed. Either that or everyone runs taunt. Almost everyone would run auto-trick room in VGC. Stall become even more common than ever.
On the other hand, an item that extends trick room to 7 turns would be somewhat balanced. 8 is really pushing it.
>>
Post yfw Primal Dialga gets it.

100/140/160/180/160/40 and learns Recover
>>
>>32477945
Definitely AG
>>
The main problem with Trick Room is unlike weathers, or the new terrain, is that the only way to get rid of it is to use Trick Room itself. So the only way to stop the opponent constantly switching in an auto-setter is to either have one yourself, or to have Trick Room on certain Pokemon in a team that doesn't need it.

Also, in 5 turns you can do a lot under Trick Room, since speed control is so important in Pokemon. Being able to increase that to 8 turns means if your opponent can't stop you, then you just end the game in that time, since 8 turns is a LOT.
>>
>>32477788
They did that with Colosseum, to be fair (though that wasn't Gamefreak).
>>
Knowing GF they would give this ability to a fast Pokemon
>>
>>32477506
I'm more interested in seeing how an Inverse Room, would change things up.
>>
Trick Room would be Insta-banned.
Wonder Room and Magic Room would be cool though. A physical Chansey or disabled Z-moves/Mega Evos would be Meta defining but not inherently broken.
>>
I doubt it would be banned. They would have to do suspect tests. Besides, with auto TR most of the Alola mons will be fast now. Yey.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.