[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I had argument about Gen1 starters, the most common complaint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 14480889_p0.png (386KB, 594x763px) Image search: [Google]
14480889_p0.png
386KB, 594x763px
Today I had argument about Gen1 starters, the most common complaint about Bulbasaur run was the "Wild Pidgey"

Even though Pidgey don't use any flying move until much later and Gust in Gen1 was a Normal-type move.

What's wrong with these casual stupid noobs?
>>
>>32475962
I don't know what they're talking about anyway because wild pidgeys suck.
>>
Most of us who played as kids panicked when we used our go-to element move and the message was not very effective. If they haven't played genwun games since then that's probably what they remember. I used to think that letting Charmander battle against Brock would kill it until I played them again around 10 years ago when I was in college and finding out that not only could I 2-shot his Geodude and 3-shot his Onix, they didn't have any Rock moves that could threaten Charmander. FRLG are much tougher in this respect.
>>
>>32475962
That's not even an issue past like the first route when your starter becomes overpowered as fuck due to being twice the level of everything you fight
>>
>pick Bulbasaur
>Pidgey doesn't learn any Flying-type moves until Wing Attack
>the only super effective moves against Bulbasaur are in a patch of grass you can skip until you have to go the League
>half Poison so Bulbasaur can't be poisoned by Weedle
The first time you're at a disadvantage is against those Youngsters with Spearow and Ekans (gen I Wrap and at that point you probably still only have Tackle as move that's not NVE against it) after you beat Brock but that's when >>32476030 comes in play.
>>
Yellow remake when?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.