[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize that the real reason SM doesn't have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Sun_Moon_QR_Scanner_artwork.png (1MB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_QR_Scanner_artwork.png
1MB, 1280x900px
>tfw you realize that the real reason SM doesn't have a National Pokédex is because they were too lazy to create QR Codes for the remaining 500 Pokémon
>>
File: ya boy.gif (2MB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
ya boy.gif
2MB, 400x273px
This excuse doesn't work when all the alternate forms, shinies, alternate form shinies all have qr codes....
>>
QR codes are autogenerated you idiot
>>
QR codes were probably automatically generated. It was writing new dex descriptions for 800+ Pokemon that made them get rid of the national dex
>>
there's no point in a nat dex without bank
unless you inject of course, but that's not their problem
>>
>>32475897
Reading Comprehesion, Anon. I said "all the remaining 500s".
>>
>>32475904
They could have just reused old dex entries for non-native Pokemon, like they have in most games.

I enjoyed SM, and I'll generally defend it, but the lack of a national dex is frankly baffling.
>>
>>32475884
More like it would've been impossible for them to maintain the numeric order with everything grouped by evo lines. And it would've been too image intensive to have a normal still for the pokecenter and a still for the dex.
>>
There will never ever be a National Dex in the main games again.

GF wants Pokemon to be friendly with kids. And if they realize there are hundreds of creatures they can't obtain, they may become disappointed.

That's why they moved the Dex to the Bank, where only hardcore fans will find it (and truly use it).
>>
>>32475959
You realise they already have the assets needed to do so right? As for the numeric order that is no justification as they could have simply added an option to jump to the mon in that evo line.
>>
>>32475918

This. It's impossible to get those pokemon in sun/moon without transferring, so all they did was save the step of bringing those pokemon in one by one
>>
>>32475984
There is not national dex in bank. For the SM option all of the pokemon not found in the game are blank.
>>
Reminder gen VI was the final gen in which you don't need other gens to catch them all.
>>
File: 1493149421452.png (266KB, 413x463px) Image search: [Google]
1493149421452.png
266KB, 413x463px
>>32475884
>too lazy
you can apply that to everything GF related. They stopped caring two generations ago
>>
>>32476047
>final gen
you mean the only gen?
>>
>>32476062
That's last gen anon.
As in one gen ago.
>>
>>32476040
>There is not national dex in bank
/vp/
>>
>>32476071
My bad. I meant for the diploma.
Gen I.
Gen III.
Gen IV if you hack the event Regigigas in.
>>
>>32476082
Go check for yourself. Those entries for SM are all blank.
There's an ORAS one and an XY one but fuck all for SM.
>>
>>32476098
...so what, it's still a national pokedex
the pokemon isn't in SM, why would it have an entry in the SM dex?
>>
>>32476096
yeah gen 6 is also the most recent gen so i don't see your point
sm isn't a gen by itself you dummy
>>
>>32476112
True, but I don't see the point of putting them in the next gen VII game(s) now. I can see them doing the non-mythicals and Unown because of the gen VII mark, but shit like Mareep not as those can be bred anyway.
>>
>>32475959
then retcon the numeric order

what is the problem? they can add or remove anything they want
>>
>>32476106
>why would it have an entry in the SM dex?
You don't know what a national dex is do you.
>>
>>32476151
a dex that has all of the pokemon
something that is in the bank right now, not in SM
>>
>>32476144
Tell THEM that. THEY'RE the ones that won't do it. I've said they should've stopped this whole number business for a long time now.
>>
>>32476160
Correction it has all of the information and flavor text on every Pokemon.
Now the problem is that Bank's SM portion only has an image of the mon while everything else is blank.
>>
>>32476201
what does it matter? it still has the older entries, which fits your description
of course it's blank since s/m didn't have a nat dex
>>
>>32475929
They ALL have QR codes though, you learn to fucking read retard.
>>
>>32476213
>of course it's blank since s/m didn't have a nat dex
Which is the point here neither the game nor Bank has a national dex for SM.
>>
>>32476240
>moving goalposts
besides what do you do with entries for pokemon you can't get
>>
>>32476266
>>moving goalposts
Are you even paying attention?
That's been the point from the very beginning.

>besides what do you do with entries for pokemon you can't get
Yeah because those Pokemon are totally unobtainable right? I mean, the ones currently in SM now don't exist right? Seriously though stop being retarded, because one of the major things people wanted was the flavor text for the remaining megas and forms that weren't in the game.
Oh yeah and another consequence of a lack of a national dex, all of the Pokemon in game are numbered using Alolan dex numbers making it a hassle to order them for a living dex.
>>
>>32476324
you moving goalposts is the point of everything?
>>32476040
>there is no national dex in bank
>>32476240
>there is no national dex in bank for SM

a pretty shit discussion tbqh
>>
>>32476340
At least read the post you dumbass
>There is not national dex in bank. For the SM option all of the pokemon not found in the game are blank.
All along it's been about the SM portion having fuck all.
>>
>>32476370
your second sentence doesn't relate to the first at all, so you had to move the goalposts later
>bank contains dex entries from recent games
>game doesn't have a dex entry for a pokemon
>it's not there
wow what a surprise
idk what did i expect when i wandered to the most autistic board on an autism website
>>
>>32476391
You're really holding to this goalposts "point" aren't you. Even when it doesn't even apply to the situation at hand.

In any case.
>bank contains dex entries from recent games
For XY and ORAS. SM only has the mon found in SM nothing else.
>game doesn't have a dex entry for a pokemon
Which is still true.
>it's not there
Again, it is still true. There are no dex entries for SM's portion in either the game or bank.

This isn't rocket science, the information necessary for it to be a national dex is literally missing.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.