[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Australia or Brazil make for a better Pokémon region,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: Flags.jpg (69KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
Flags.jpg
69KB, 400x320px
Would Australia or Brazil make for a better Pokémon region, taking into consideration the landscapes and wildlife-turned-Pokémon potential?
>>
>>32475298

They'd both be pretty interesting regions. I'd be happy with either of those as future region inspirations.
>>
>>32475298
It really would. But I hope that the next game takes place in Canada because

>the Canada, French, and Hawaii telescope theory.

>We might actually get ice types earlyer on in game
>>
>>32475298
In either games you had better stock on antidotes. In Australia you're constantly poisoned by Pokemon and in Brazil you're poisoned by the environment.
>>
>>32475316
Mild kek
>>
I personally think Brazil would make for a better region; don't get me wrong, Australia would be cool, but do we really want a region with 60 desert routes?
>>
>>32475316

Agreed. I'd really like to see a U.S./Canada Pacific Northwest region, like maybe Oregon up to British Columbia. Diverse geography and ecology, distinctive cities and landmarks, and it even has cultural ties to Japan... I think the area would be a great candidate. (And no, I'm not from there, so it's not a hometown bias. I just think it would make a great region.)
>>
Australia. Brazil is gay
>>
>>32475298
>Brazil
Too big for a region
Usually regions takes 300x300km. It don't even takes a regular region.

>Australia
Would easily. Tons of deadly wildlife.
>>
>>32475339
Regions can easily be scaled. See Kalos (based on something like 250,000 sq. miles) vs. Unova (based on probably less than 1,000 sq. miles). I don't think that the size of the basis area really matters.
>>
File: Japan Regions.png (381KB, 1684x596px) Image search: [Google]
Japan Regions.png
381KB, 1684x596px
>>32475339
>btw 300x300 to 400x400 km
>regular brazilian region
Fix.
>>
>australia region
>Kangaskhan isn't in the regional dex
>>
>>32475408
>Australian Kangaskhan
>Normal/Fighter(Or poison)
>no kid in sack
>50%Male
>>
>Sage
>PokéAus
/vp/ have wanted both these regions for a long time, haven't they?
>>
>>32475339
>Too big for a region

Do you think gf would use an actual map of brazil?
>>
>>32475298
Australia, it has more interesting concepts for new Pokemon. I'd rather not have a warm region after we've just had TWO tropical island regions in ORAS and Sun/Moon. Cold region based on Russia or Canada would be nice.
>>
I still think if they do an Australia based region it will be based on NSW + South QLD Coast. The whole country would be too big for a region and considering the lack of population density in the middle of the country it wouldn't be worth doing the whole thing
>>
I'd like an African region but it would just devolve into "XD le nigger meme" on /vp/.

Canada region would be cool but I'm a Canadafag so I'm biased.
>>
>>32475460
Well, it could be possible if you select the most significative big cities... For example:

- Porto Alegre (Southern capital) can be the cold weather city, still full of greenery.
- São Paulo is obviously the biggest city, like Castelia, Saffron, etc.
- Rio de janeiro is that city with a beach.
- São Luís can be the desert with some oasis (As for the Lençóis Maranhenses.)
- Manaus is the city with a big forest around and with the biggest river.
- Rio Branco is the mysterious place (Sorry, I couldn´t resist. This is more like a Brazilian joke.)

Just a few examples... But I also like the Australian region.
>>
>>32475460
>>32475381
Too much varied culture, fauna, flora and shit to be resized to some squares, ten cities and few biomes.
>>
>>32475562
africa as potential but dont forget its a continent not a country
>>
>>32475675
Well what part of Africa then? Egypt? Congo? Niger?
>>
>>32475710

Maybe Central-ish/Eastern Africa with Jungles, Savannahs, Desert, Mount Kilimanjaro for ice types, Lake Victoria and the Indian Ocean for water routes with a pseudo-Mombasa as the main town.
>>
>>32475763
That honestly sounds like the best region design so far.
>>
File: 1487123099402.jpg (57KB, 533x457px) Image search: [Google]
1487123099402.jpg
57KB, 533x457px
>>32475298
Anything would be shitty if they still use the XY graphics style.

As for any of these regions, Brazil has jungles, Australia is a desert.
At this point why not just make something based on Africa since it has both?
Or better yet, why not Russia or Antarctica? Ya know, use the [PERFECT DRAGON] meme and give Kyurem its true form. People would be satisfied with just that.
>>
>>32475710
Egypt would be fucking amazing. You could make all the nutjob theories real to bring more space Pokémon into the deck

but mostly for the ancient egypt lore, imagine the legendaries in that game.
>>
>>32475829
>Antarctica
>literally all a frozen wasteland
Really nigger? Complaining about Brazil or Australia when this is one of your suggestions?
>>
the northen part of Kalos should be the next region tho.

More mega stones, new mega Pokémon.
>>
>>32475860
Lot's of potential for a dome cities and ancient ruins.
>>
>>32475316
>the Canada, French, and Hawaii telescope theory.
what that?
>>
>>32475872
No. No there isn't. Antarctica doesn't have potential for anything except fucking up every coastal city.
>>
File: 2292115183_66622d64b7.jpg (87KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
2292115183_66622d64b7.jpg
87KB, 375x500px
if you care about climate zones diversity, mexico has some
besides id like to see a mon based on this dog
>>
>>32475789

Basically have two villain teams like Hoenn, Team Diamond/Fortune who just want to poach the Pokémon and steal the natural ressources and essentially leave the country dry, and Team Majestic/Citadel, a military-themed PMC-like Team that want to "bring order" but secretely just want to install a dictatorship with them on top.

Basically an E-rated Blood Diamond.
>>
>>32475939
I swear people like you need to be hired by gamefreak. These ideas need to be realized.
>>
>>32475882
There's a telescope on Hawaii that is practically owned by Hawaii France and Canada. Two of those places have regions, the only one left is Canada.
>>
>>32475886
ok don't be mad at me, my country will never have a region and I'm ok with it.

I wish it did tho you know, because the Iberian penisula would do for a much better region than the amazonian jungle or another fucking desert
>>
>>32475978
What does that have to do with Pokemon?
>>
>>32475987
Brazil is fuckhuge and a lot more than just the Amazon you know?
>>
>>32476025
Kalos and Alola=France and Hawaii
Canada=???

I don't know how much I can dumb this down for you. I'm implying that the next generation could be Canada. DO YOU UNDERSTANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDU
>>
>>32476041
Kalos and Alola have nothing to do with eachother in the Pokemon world and that telescope doesn't exist there either so what's the connection that would imply Canada is next?
>>
>>32476028
I'd rather have Argentina 2bh.
>>
File: ass.png (1MB, 2027x2377px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
1MB, 2027x2377px
>>32475601
Mudbray for official Northeast mon
>>
>>32476070
They're very much alike (more than either would care to admit). Applies to all of Latin America tbqh f a m
>>
File: IMG_9553.jpg (100KB, 577x691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9553.jpg
100KB, 577x691px
>>32476065
I'm not basing this off of ingane lore anon. I'm applying sources from real life to the game, where it fits. And yes there is a telescope in Alola, don't argue what you don't understand jimbo.
>>
>>32475843
Too bad they wasted Anubis with Lucario...
>>
>>32476028
This Brazil=Jungle meme is ridiculous. People fill their gaps of knowledge with an oversimplified view and actually form an opinion based on that.
>>
>>32476041
Canada=Sinnoh :^)
>>
Brazil.
>>
>Australian Region
Dreamtime-based minor Legendaries when?
>>
File: EspirroRegionHQ.png (14KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
EspirroRegionHQ.png
14KB, 240x240px
>>32475675
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.