[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you used to play pokemon with your siblings or friends in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 08b[1].png (387KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
08b[1].png
387KB, 640x480px
Did you used to play pokemon with your siblings or friends in school?

>sister playing pokemon
>names the rival after our other brother
>names her starter after me
>>
>>32468861
My brother, yeah. We played Gen 1, 2, and 3 together, usually just linking for boosted EXP or trade evolutions. I usually went with default names, he'd do stuff like name his rival after talk show characters. Blue was Jerry (Springer), Silver was Geraldo (Riviera), and May was Oprah. He almost named Silver Ricki, after Ricki Lake, until I pointed out to him that Ricki Lake was a girl. He thought it was just a really girly man.

He always won whenever we did link battles. If I remember correctly, he had a kyogre-based team with Ludicolo and Swampert. It wasn't even close to competitive, but it always beat my stuff. Gen 1, I was a sucker and wanted my aces to be Charizard and Parasect, so he always beat me with Zapdos.

It was fun times.
>>
File: 1445890446483.gif (736KB, 451x322px) Image search: [Google]
1445890446483.gif
736KB, 451x322px
>>32468861
Yeah, and it was a big mistake but also a good middle finger I got to give to my older brother every here and there
>Brother gets Ruby and Sapphire for Christmas
>plays Ruby constantly, easily like 150 hours in
>Sapphire is at like 12 hours
>Ask him if I can have it since he doesn't play it anyways
>agrees, I new game it, start my own adventure
>only one Gameboy Advance though
>constantly fighting over who gets to play now
>mom brings home a brand new GBA without us knowing
>mid argument, she asks us "who does the GBA belong to?"
>brother immediately screams that it's his, I tell her it's his but I never get to play my only game now
>mom goes in room, brings out the new GBA and hands it to me
>the look on my brother's face when he's stuck with his no-battery-back and a scratched up screen from leaving it on the floor constantly
>throws tantrum but mom sides with me, I get the sparkly new one
>eventually beat the game, get into link battling each other
>we don't set rules so we use what we have
>his level 80 Groudon and 100 Blaziken vs my level 92 Kyogre and 89 Swampert
>wreck his shit every time
>later
>both get DS Lites for the release of DP
>brother decides to "take back" "HIS" sapphire
>promptly tell him to fuck off, tell mom
>mom isn't having it, he GAVE it to me like 3+ years ago now
>agree to help each other complete dex on DP at least, start migrating shit
>he takes my Latias
>doesn't give it back
>rage.jpg
>still wreck his shit in wifi battles tho
>he hasn't battled me since 2009 because he's tired of getting his ass beat
>I found his Pearl last week and stole my Latias back
>mfw I see it's Adamant
mixed feels but it's been a wild ride kek. Also completed the FRLG Kanto dex together in a couple of months. The Latias thing makes me mad because he picked Latias on his Emerald but wouldn't catch it, just tried to steal mine instead.
>>
>>32469691
I kek'd hard at the end
>>
File: baby-408262_960_720.jpg (119KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
baby-408262_960_720.jpg
119KB, 960x640px
>Me and my brother are rich kids that live in a shit place, so we thought that the only Pokemon game was Pokemon Stadium 1
>Brother destroys young me with his legendary team, while I only used Staryu and Starmie because I loved its design
>Fast forward a few years, we find out about Pokemon Crater (a web battle/adventure simulator)
>493 Pokemon!? I thought there were only 149!
>We call our ghetto friends and we all reunite at a lan house to play everyday
>They're all older than me and had more money to spend at the lan house so they were better than me
>After years of getting my ass beaten, I destroy their team with legendaries and shiny Pokemon (shinies had 100 more HP than normal mons)
>I decide to team up with my brother to fuse our accounts (now that I think about it he just wanted my shinies), we end up in the top 10 trainers with most experience points in the whole game
>Pokemon Crater gets taken down
>I find out about the main series
>"G-guys! I'm playing the official games! We should all play together again!"
>I explain how different it is from Pokemon Crater and how it was more fun and competitive (In Pokemon Crater every Pokemon could learn any move, they all had the same stats...)
>They don't like the game mechanics and start to play MMORPGs, spending a bunch of money to get their characters strong armor
>Almost 7 years later, I played every game and they hate Pokemon now

not fair, I just want someone to talk about the games :(
>>
>>32469739
I guess in retrospect it is kind of funny, huh?

Another favorite of mine:
>At the beach in hotel
>like 10 years old so mom won't let us go out to the beach alone, gotta stay at the pool
>"play" Pokemon
>get super hyped up about Pokemon
>decide we don't wanna swim, we wanna battle
>agree on a Safari Zone battle, only allowed to use Pokemon you caught in the Safari Zone (no breeding)
>realize it's fucking hard to catch Safari Zone Pokemon on such short notice
>change it to a level 25~35 battle
>my team has a Heracross, Dodrio and Tropius on it, idr the others but I thought I was in pretty good shape
>battle
>send out Tropius first, KO his Linoone or whatever, idr
>he sends in his level 83 Groudon
>I look straight at him and he's got this nervous, shaky grin on his face, he knew what he was doing, claims he "forgot to take it out of his party haha"
>accuse him of cheating because that's not what we agreed on
>"Hold on! Man, come on, you always win!" he says
>I turn my game off immediately
>autistic rage, biggest tantrum I've seen in a while
Didn't battle him for a while after that because he literally cheated and I didn't trust him, but he's never won a match against me in our entire lives except in Pokemon Stadium with Rental Pokemon.
>>
I played a lot of gen 3 during my school years. I had this weird Gameboy Micro, the regular link cables wouldn't fit on it so to trade pokemons I had to do a couple of things: First I needed to get on my bike and go to my best friend's place to burrow his GBA, then go to my other friend's place to burrow his cable and then usually we were able to trade. At that point the whole crew was assembled because they would all follow me to see what I was trading and shit. We would crash at someone's place and play pokemon for the rest of the day, do battles and trades. This was a much simpler time.

I miss these days.
>>
>10 years old, been playing sapphire for a few weeks
>8yo sister gets ruby
>she loves Corsolla from watching the anime
>I scam her out of her starter for a 40something Corsolla I got from an in-game trade
-she struggles through the first few gyms with it refusing to obey her

Granted she should have known better and waited, but I still feel like an asshole almost 15 years later.
>>
>Probably about 8 years old
>Sister has Fire Red I have Leaf Green
>Both trade as early as possible to get all three starters
>mfw don't remember ever using those starters
>Probably just started another Venusaur run
>Charge up my old GBA
>Pidgeot is called useless, Venusaur is called Venus
>Look in boxes, an egg, hatched Bulbasaur and shiny Heracross with calm nature
>Called Bulbasaur Verde
>mfw that actually sounds like a good name
>I will keep that in mind when getting a Bulbasaur to breed in sixth gen
>Going to see what surprise the egg has inside
>Please be shiny six IV Bulbasaur
>>
File: 1487662455157.png (23KB, 104x99px) Image search: [Google]
1487662455157.png
23KB, 104x99px
>>32468861
Nice blog friend where can I subscribe?
:^)
>>
>be me
>have a sister addicted to Pokemon
>we both preorder the latest of the Pokemon games, I getting moon and she getting sun
>she pre-orders at gamestop, I at some mom and pop shop
>few days later, get a call from the shop saying they got my game early in the morning.
>sis still doesn't have hers
>decide to be an ass and play mines next to her
>just as I get to where you choose your starter, decide to ask sis which I should pic
>she finally looks at my screen
>she's bug eyed
>"its...its out?"
>I shrug, shit eating grin
>cue angry spastic cursing and running around as she gets her keys and shit, heading to gamestop
>comes back after being told she won't get her game until later at night, along with others who preordered sun
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.