[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is from one of the Pokecenters in Japan So Kukui's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 11

File: C-fxCK-UAAAjpOK.jpg (217KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C-fxCK-UAAAjpOK.jpg
217KB, 1200x900px
This is from one of the Pokecenters in Japan So Kukui's canon ace is Lycanroc midday? Pretty weak.

Also poor Alder, Lance and Steven got so little space
>>
>ish
japan was a mistake
>>
>those pixelated resources
>>
This is the first official(?) confirmation that kukui is the champion of alola and not just a challener right?
>>
>>32465334
So Cynthia is still the only Champion that isn't a disappointment?
Sad!
>>
>that inconsistent artwork for the Pokemon
>nearly Comic Sans tier font
>Ish

shiiiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>32465348
What makes you say that? Her games were certainly a disappointment compared to all the others.
>>
>RS art for daigo instead of ORAS
hmmmmmmm
>>
>>32465343
He's not the champion, he's the founder. But for a league that has no champion, that's the closest you'll ever get. They can't advertise Elio and Selene as the champion because only one of them is and it's not canonically stated which it is.
>>
100 hours in MS paint
>>
>>32465358
>Elio and Selene
get that non canon shit outta here
>>
>>32465356
Cynthia as a champion wasn't disappointment.
Besides, Platinum and Emerald are the only games that made an attempt, and even then, Emerald Became a shitfest once you faced the Elite 4.
>>
>>32465356
>DPPt
>Worse than RS/XY/SM
Sure Emerald is better than DP, but Platinum is only beaten by HGSS/BW/B2W2
>>
>>32465361
I'll do that once you give me their canon names. Oh wait, you can't. So fuck off.

If Calem and Serena didn't have names, everyone would've called them Xavier and Yvonne too.
>>
...where's iris? Also Diantha does not deserve that much space
>>
>>32465363
Platinum is leagues better than HGSS
>>
Ash night dog confirmed. /s
>>
File: Black_2_White_2_Iris.png (161KB, 433x442px) Image search: [Google]
Black_2_White_2_Iris.png
161KB, 433x442px
>Iris doesn't exist
>Calling Kukui, who just made the league and that's it, a champion
>>
>>32465367
they're literally called Sun and Moon
>>
>>32465369
This.
HGSS only have pretty graphics going for it.
Pryce is a joke compared to Platinum Candice, for an easy example.
The Team Rocket admins are incredibly shit compared to Cyrus, Jupiter and Mars as well.
>smog Houndour ace
>>
>>32465334
Iris, Red, Wallace, Sun/Moon will always be second tier champions
>>
>arora

I get pronouncing it, but if it's in English shouldn't it be l l?
>>
>>32465334
that looks like hastily made bootleg packaging

are you sure you're in japan and not china or korea?
>>
>>32465376
Iris is hated worldwide huh? good to know.
>>
>pidgeot is blues ace

That feels...very weird
>>
>>32465421
>blue
the image clearly says Green
>>
File: teams.png (312KB, 2330x544px) Image search: [Google]
teams.png
312KB, 2330x544px
>>32465334
> canon ace is Lycanroc midda
no, It's one of the starters, they probably used it since they didn't want to start a starter war.
Though, calling him a champion is wrong because he literally said himself that he has no interest in becoming a champion of a league he made himself.
>>
>>32465377
They're literally not.
>>
>>32465447
i'm actually really surprised he doesn't have a hawlucha in his team.
I know they're not in alola but still.
>>
>>32465426
The image isn't English, idiot.
>>
>>32465334
This can't be official
>>
>>32465476
uh I'm pretty sure Green is an English word, I can read it just fine
>>
File: portrait02.png (197KB, 670x402px) Image search: [Google]
portrait02.png
197KB, 670x402px
>>32465447
>>32465475
that's because Incineroar is Kukui's ace
duh.
>>
>>32465358
Who the fuck are Elio and Selene.

Male and Female protagonist are really all anything aside from manga and demo call them.
>>
This looks like it was taken in someone's basement. Not only that, but the poster looks like it isn't even real. Someone just drew over it on paint and pasted images of Pokemon and trainers. What the fuck is this.
>>
>>32465367
Kai and Lana
>>
File: 423428943829.png (454KB, 610x544px) Image search: [Google]
423428943829.png
454KB, 610x544px
found the source of this image and tried to google translate it to maybe get an idea of what's going on, turns out it's a bad idea.
>Good evening! We will also exhibit at the cultural festival this time. The schedule is 4/29/4/30 of tomorrow / the day after tomorrow, the location is Yamate Station on the Negishi line, the picture is part of the decoration. If you would like a lot of people to come, would you please cooperate in publicity?
I have no idea what any of this mean
>>
>>32465587
they were having a festival on the 29 and 30th of april and were asking lots of people to come, whats to understand
>>
>>32465593
What i mean is, if that image is from the offical Pokecenter or not but I guess it's probably not since it seems fanmade by the op of that tweet.
>>
File: 490.jpg (23KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
490.jpg
23KB, 627x626px
>>32465512
>>
>>32465598
Are you dumb?
>>
>>32465348
Kukui is better than Cynthia. :^)
>>
>>32465334
Anyone else seeing how Kukui's the only one where they drew the bottom of their nose?
>>
>>32465376
She sucks.
>>
>>32465421
Of every Pokémon he owned in all the games he appeared, Pidgeot is the only one that he doesn't change (Exeggutor replaces Venusaur, Arcanine replaces Charizard, Gyarados replaces Blastoise).

In G/S/C/HG/SS Pidgeot is his strongest Pokémon. B2/W2 are the only games where he replaces his Pidgeot (is replaced by an Aerodactyl)
>>
>>32465334
Holy shit that's ugly. Did they hire a toddler to make that?
>>
>>32465334
To be fair, since he can have any of the 3 starters, the next best thing was Lycanroc day. That didn't stop them with Red, you say? Red was a special case, if you did not notice Blue is never seen with one of the first gen starters either. Instead, it's the pokemon he uses in place of the starters, but his ace is usually his Pidgeot for some reason. Perhaps the reason is the same: they are both the pokemon they open with.
>>
>>32465367
>I'll do that once you give me their canon names
Taken from Global Link. The names they're using. These are also the names used in the trailers. Even in the game demo.
What else amount to "canon" names? GF has been using these since the beginning, and they're still going with them. In comparison, Sun has NEVER been called Elio. So you're objectively wrong in using that name.
>>
File: 1445744433159.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445744433159.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>32465334
> blue's ace is fucking pidgeot
>>
>>32466692
He actually ditches it in BW2, and doesn't have it in SM. Just goes to show how retarded whoever made that poster is.
>>
>>32466699
He also doesn't use it in the second round champion battle in FR/LG. Also, he DOES have his Pidgeot as one of the pokes he'll use in the Battle Tree, but that's random.
>>
Kukui isn't even the Champion though. The player is the first Champion, Kukui is just the test to see if you're able to hold such a title.

Also;
>Blue's Pigeot
LOL

Also;
>no Iris
???

Also;
>That shitty pixelated old Magma Boss art rather than the HD art of the redesign
lol wat, why
>>
>>32465377
No they are not.

Sun was just a placeholder name for the demo, much like Brendan was called Orlando in the OR/AS demo.

The gen 7 protags have no canon name.
>>
>>32466446
The Aerodactyl was probably a nod to the anime where he becomes a scientist who resurrects fossilmon for a living.
>>
>>32466684
Canon names are names explicitly mentioned in-game.

>Red is mentioned in-game
>As is Blue
>Ethan
>Lyra
>May
>Brendan
>Dawn
>Lucas
>Hilda
>Hilbert
>Rosa
>Nate
>Calem
>Serena

The only protagonists with no name mentioned in-game ever are "Leaf" (because she isn't canon, period), and the Gen 7 protags because they don't show up as NPC's.

This is the first time this has happened since Gen 1. They have no canon name.

Sun/Moon are just placeholder names. Every single gen uses placeholder names in the advertising and Demos.
>>
>>32466736
>Sun was just a placeholder name for the demo
"Placeholder" name they've still stuck it. There's nothing suggesting it's a placeholder. By this logic, I can just say "Calem" is a placeholder name, and soon to be replaced. He has no canon name. It doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>32466760
Calem is literally his name you dumbfuck, he is an NPC in the game.

The reason we know ANY of the characters real names is because they show up as NPC's.

The names "Sun" and "Moon" never appear in the final games at all. They are not canon names.
>>
>>32466743
I don't know, but I do find it fascinating that Aerodactyl remains as part of his party in Sun/Moon. Yet, in all of the pokemon options he has in the Battle Tree, they forgot he once possessed a Heracross and a Machamp
>>
>>32466759
>Sun/Moon are just placeholder names. Every single gen uses placeholder names in the advertising and Demos.
There's difference, though. For one, those demo-only names are different for English and Japanese. This time, he was Sun everywhere. The demo names were also only used for demos. The trailers had different names, as far as I'm aware. That isn't the case this time. Sun's had the same name everywhere.

Not to mention that there's nothing saying it's a non-canon name. It appeared in the demo. They didn't say it was non-canon, and nothing has come to suggest that it was. So why would you assume a name used everywhere, even in-game, is non-canon? It happened in the past isn't a good enough reason. That's not even circumstantial evidence.
>>
>>32466785
>It happened in the past isn't a good enough reason. That's not even circumstantial evidence.

Not only that, "it happened in the past" can be used in FAVOR of Sun's name. In the past, the protagonist from Kanto was named after the game, and his female counterpart didn't appear. You can apply the same there. So as far as "it happened before" arguments go, Sun is the canon name.
>>
>>32466785
Because it hasn't been used in-game.

Every game shows the characters with placeholder names in the advertising and Demos, and then in the final release, we get to see the final name. The one actually in the game.

"Sun" and "Moon" are never mentioned in the game.

>>32466795
This is a wild claim that presumes that "Sun" is the canon name and character, just because a similar decision was made 20 years prior.

It completely ignores the fact that every single protagonist between Gen 1 and 7 had a canon name that was NOT named after the game they were in.
>>
Can demos be included? I don't know what the situation was for each demo.
>>
File: try hitting harder you pussy.jpg (37KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
try hitting harder you pussy.jpg
37KB, 960x539px
>Out of Blue's starter replacements (Gyarados, Arcanine, and Exeggutor) only Gyarados is capable of mega evolution

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>32466815
And every protagonsit since Red has also not been from Kanto. And every protagonist since Red also has had their female counterpart appear somewhere. Only Red and Sun share these similarities.
Considering you're making logical leaps in the same fashion, this is fair game. You're also claim that because the demo before had a different name, that must be the case here. In the same vein, because Sun and Red share these similarities, it can be said that they share their name inspirations.

Actually, every nameable character from Kanto has been named after a game. Red, Green, Silver. That's more reason to assume it's the same this time.

Not to mention that there's absolutely NOTHING that even suggests that demo is not the actual name. It's the only name ever used. There's no reason to think it isn't the canon name.
>>
>>32466840
I mean technically, Silver is like "Sun"/"Moon" and has no canon name.

Silver is purely fan-given and was only the default name in 1/4 of the mainseries games he appeared in.

With "Gold"s name being properly confirmed as Ethan, Silver doesn't even make any sense anymore but whatever.
>>
>>32466836
Probably why they brought back Aerodactyl from BW2, as it gave him another Mega option. Still, they could've used Heracross for this, too, but probably not as effectively. Aerodactyl is definitely a better mega than Heracross. Then again, maybe they just flat out forgot his second round battle in FR/LG. I know plenty of others that also forgot about it. Tyranitar is at least seen again in HG/SS.
>>
>>32466870
No, retard. It means Blastoise is his canon starter.
>>
>>32466883
Then how come he never has one in the games?
>>
>>32465334
That's fanmade op, look at maxie there. The best pics of his official art from gen 3 on the internet have that shitty resolution. And if it were official it'd use the gen 6 artwork.
>>
>>32465334
Forget Kukui. Why is Blue's ace considered to be Pidgeot?
>>
>>32466821
There have been two demos.

Oras one called Brendan Orlando. We dont use Orlando because the games call him Brendan. This is what Sun contesters dont seem to get.

SM called the male mc Sun. The games gave no name so most of us go with Sun.
>>
>>32466781
I just whipped his Machamp's ass in the Battle Tree a couple days ago.
>>
>>32466883
As much as Generations/Origins does suggest as much, I don't understand how you can get Blue having a Gyarados that can Mega Evolve somehow proves he canonically chose Squirtle.
>>
>>32465421
Fun fact: Pidgeot was given a mega evolution specifically because the developers thought Blue/Green using it as his ace made it memorable.
>>
You know, GF should stop chickening around already. Make decisions regarding to the canon. Make canon starters. Give Blue a fucking Blastoise already. Half-assing it is pleasing no one.
>>
>>32465348
Steven was better.
>>
>>32465334

Kukui was constantly shown with a Rockruff in the games, promo material and the anime, so it's not surprising at all.
>>
>>32465334

Why does this look so cheaply made? Why does Maxie have that low quality Gen 3 artwork?
>>
>>32467074
Both Generations and Origins gave Blue a Blastoise. It's basically universally accepted canon, even by Game Freak.

They just have to tailor their games appropriately so that the games fit together no matter what choices you make
>>
>>32467074

They should also drop the 3 starter choices and only give you 1 so you have the canon starter. They should also only be one playable character.
>>
>>32467088
But they're not giving him a Blastoise in-game. They're retconned Leaf. Yes, Red had appeared in GSC, but he didn't need to in HGSS. Leaf could've been there, but she wasn't. That was one time they made an actual fucking decision. And they should make more like that.
>>
>>32467074
Part of the point is that you build your own character and team.

There's three kinds of people:

People who dont give a shit about canon and for them nothing would change.

Headcanonfags that know are headcanonfags. For them nothing would change either.

Headcanonfags that pretend to care about canon(which are 99% of the people you see in these threads) and for them nothing would change since they will keep deluding themselves.

People who are so autistic about canon they think it should set how it plays. It will limit their playthroughs.

And a few people who bother to know and discuss the canok but also have fun playing the pokemon games. Nothing would change for us.

You're essentially saying they should go against what the games are about to fuck a specific group of people. Things are fine as they're. Its the headcanonfags who cause trouble.
>>
>>32467087
Its fanmade
>>
>>32467109
Anon, Red has a Pikachu and all 3 starters, as well as Lapras and Snorlax. I have NEVER played FRLG with that team. I don't know anyone who has. Canon teams only matter in one way. Establishing canon. They don't affect gameplay for anyone.
>>
>>32467126
You havent been on many of these discussions it seems.

I agree with you, but there are plenty of people who claim to play using only canon names and say that playthroughs arent "valid" because they dont follow canon. Or panic at the prospect od it happening. A few months ago the official twitter shared a gif with all the diplomas and used male mcs for some and female for others. Then you had people here glad they had the "right" choice or bothered for making the "wrong " choice. This people exist and the only thing a set canon would do is screw them. No one gains anything from it.

And again, things are fine as they are.
>>
>>32467126

There's autists that play through the game only using gift mons because "those are the canon choices"
>>
>>32465421
Blue has no ace. He's specifically coded in the PWT as the only trainer to not have a set lead.
>>
>>32467156
So your argument is that because there are people who care about canon, they shouldn't establish any canon? Because that kind of stupid, honestly.
If someone cares about canon decisions, let them. Those are the people who picked the "canon" starter based on pre-release art and trailers. The people who don't care, it wouldn't affect them. To people that do care, it would let them play the way they want to, with "canon" teams. By not establishing any canon, you're actually forcing the latter group to play in a way they don't want to.

>>32467178
If that's how they want to play, let them.
>>
>>32467183

>If that's how they want to play, let them.

I don't care how other people choose to play. But that post said "They don't affect gameplay for anyone", which is false.
>>
>>32465334
This doesn't at all look like something from a pokecenter. Do you have any proof of that?
>>
>>32467192
It just affects how some play their game. If you want to control how people play the game, that's another thing entirely.
>>
>>32467183
>So your argument is that because there are people who care about canon, they shouldn't establish any canon?
No retard, read >>32467109 again.

>If someone cares about canon decisions, let them. Those are the people who picked the "canon" starter based on pre-release art and trailers. The people who don't care, it wouldn't affect them. To people that do care, it would let them play the way they want to, with "canon" teams.
Which limits playthrough.

>By not establishing any canon, you're actually forcing the latter group to play in a way they don't want
Yet they still play the games.
>>
>>32467178
I used Red's canon team in Yellow just for fun once.

I admit I am a canonfag, but in regards to canon teams, (shown via the games, animated shorts, origins and generations) pretty much every character except Red is free game.

Brendan for example, beyond using Sceptile (as shown in generations, and the OR/AS animated short), the rest of his party is entirely unknown and up to player choice.

So even following canon, you can use pretty much whatever Pokemon you like, with the exception of Red.
>>
>>32467183
>By not establishing any canon, you're actually forcing the latter group to play in a way they don't want to.

So not being told what to use is "forced to play in a way they don't want"? How do they enjoy any of the games then, considering GF has never stated an actual canon team for any protag?
>>
>>32467205

So, what would you do if origins/generations and promo material showed the same character with different starters?
>>
>>32467204
>Which limits playthrough.
How so? The choice is still completely in their hands, now with all the information they need to make the decision of which Pokemon to use. Limiting that information is limiting playthrough, if anything.

>Yet they still play the games.
Yes, in a way they wouldn't if they had all the information. So in a way they don't want to.

>>32467206
You still won't be told what to use. You'll just be told what the protagonist canonically uses. As I've said above, you'll just be given extra information. If someone wants to use the "canon" team, they should be able to.
>>
Honestly, they made the mistake in how Red came back to start with. If it wasn't for that, this whole matter would not be an issue.
>>
>>32467042
It means the water one is his strong one

He wouldn't replace his starter pokemon with some weakfag that can't mega
>>
>>32467236
>they made the mistake in how Red
How was that a mistake? It's regarded as one of the best final bosses in all of gaming. if anything, that was the opposite of a mistake.

Honestly, Pokemon fandom, or rather /vp/ might be the only place where canon is considered a mistake.
>>
>>32467245
It was a mistake because it shits on what your playthrough was.
>>
File: 1470968113470.png (1MB, 963x935px) Image search: [Google]
1470968113470.png
1MB, 963x935px
>caring about canon choices in a game where the main character is intentionally a blank slate avatar for you to project on
>>
>>32467258
Oh, boo fucking hoo. If you care about that sort of shit to this extant, you deserve to be shat on. Stop playing games. You'll see this sort of thing everywhere.
>>
>>32467215
Then Generations would take precedence considering that was actually marketed as being an expansion of the games.

The animated shorts were advertising, so if there was any contradiction, the shorts would be dismissed.

But as it stands, there was no contradiction at all.

Both the animated shorts and Origins/Generations are GF approved, and slot together with no problems.

(except that obviously non-canon intro episode to Generations which doesn't fit with anything, was just a action montage)

According to all of the vidya-universe animation, the canon teams are;

>Red changes his team a lot, but this is his as of Hall of Fame:
-Charizard
-Dodrio
-Jolteon
-Persian
-Lapras
-Scyther

Red changes his team before he even finished his Kanto adventure, using the legendary birds for a while, before settling on the team you see at Mt. Silver.

Ethan's team is never shown at all. Generations interestingly suggests that he does not capture the Red Gyarados though, as it is shown in the wild post-LoR.

>Brendan
-Sceptile

Lucas/Dawn have never been shown in vidya-universe animation

>Hilbert
-Zekrom
-Emboar? (I could be mis-remembering this)

>Nate
-Lucario
-Emboar
-Arcanine

>Calem
-Charizard
-Chestnaught

So with the exception of Red, even if you canonfag with your teams, you'll have complete freedom with at least half of your team each playthrough, usually being able to pick everything except the started. In the case of gen 2/4, you even have free choice of starter.

Some people like to play with the limitations of canon. I myself have done so, and it can create some interesting playthroughs as you build teams around what was already established by Game Freak.
>>
>>32465334
>no iris
rip
>>
>>32467234
>How so?
You might be legit retarded.

If you're given three doors, A,B and C but you're not told you have to go through one of them to mak they correct choice then you can pick any, all are correct. If you're told there's a correct one you have to take that one. So there's an limit.

>The choice is still completely in their hands
We're talking about people who want to stick to canon. If they choose not to do so by definition they are not people who want to stick to canon.

>Yes, in a way they wouldn't if they had all the information.
But there's no more info to be had.

>So in a way they don't want to.
Yet they "torture" themselves by playing the pokemon games right?
>>
>>32467270
>>So with the exception of Red
Actually, considering Red has completed the Pokedex, you have all the freedom in the world. As you said, he changes his team often. He had a pretty strong Hitmonlee once, but it wasn't in his Hall of Fame team. As long as your first Hall of Fame entry of consists of same team, you have a lot of freedom.
>>
>>32465363
Platinum is incredibly overrated. Gen 4's engine in general brings the games incredibly down and the region doesn't help matters.
>>
>>32467260
People do what they want, also kill yourself.
>>
>>32467325
>If you're told there's a correct one you have to take that one
That's not happening though.

Using the same analogy, you have three doors. You're being told that the game will ultimately assume you went through A, but you can pick any, and all of them have unique content, with no repercussions for not picking A.
And even then, you won't know until AFTER you're done with the game which starter was the canon one, as the only real way to establish that is to have it appear or be mentioned in later game.

So I'll change the "how so?" question to a statement. It's not limiting anything. What you think is just wrong.

>We're talking about people who want to stick to canon
Does not change the fact that they still have the choice. They just CHOOSE to play with the canon team.

>But there's no more info to be had.
Exactly. There's no more info to be had, so the canonfags you care so deeply about aren't getting the information they want.

>Yet they "torture" themselves by playing the pokemon games right?
Yes, the way they would "torture" themselves by playing with the canon team, right?
>>
>>32467357
I'd hardly call anyone of such extreme autism a person.
>>
>>32467270
>>32467335
Red has only ever changed Espeon to Lapras.
>Origin
>mattering to game canon
>>
>>32467325
>>32467375
Do the type of canonfags you are arguing about even exist? With such extreme need to use the canon team? I have never seen such a person before.
>>
>>32467267
In the RPGs I know where there is a choice of party, it is assumed that all the party members were there even if you did not use them or find them. In this sense, I assume the protagonist has all pokemon available at that point. This brings up the question of whether the "only six" is a universal rule, or if it only applies to trainers, or even if the restriction doesn't really exist at all because of the aforementioned instances in RPGs where EVERYONE participated regardless of if you CAN have them in your party or not. "Red" could literally have any team of six by this logic. If something else was supposed to be assumed, then they should've told me about it instead of going in blind. There was nothing in the games to indicate I was "supposed" to use ANY pokemon at any point. Promotional material indeed indicated at least the starters. Anything else, I don't know about. If one wants to include the anime and manga as promotional material, then each of these have different sets and there is no solid portrayal to go off of. The starter he chose is almost always correlated to the starter Blue got, as it is in the games. The few exceptions were due to nonstandard muckery that a few portrayals went with instead.

All of this would indicate there WAS no solid choice to be made before G/S/C was released. Why they gave Red all three starters is a mystery to me since even if he did get the other starters by some other means, the one he chose would always be a central part of his character. Not to mention that in a lot of incarnations, he has to share this matter with his rival. Here, Red got all three of them and Blue got stuck with his replacements. Why? The starters are intrinsic to both, you can't just choose one unless you give them a nonstandard option, which would be impossible in the game world's logic save for Yellow, which has semantics in it due to the anime's influence. (it's not the same world)
>>
>>32467398
The funny thing is, they do BOTH with Red. He not only has the three standard options, but the nonstandard Pikachu as well. True, Pika has the honor of also being there as the mascot of all pokemon, so it was going to be there regardless. On the matter of representing all of pokemon, though, this is the only reason I have for Red possessing the starters instead of Blue. He is the face of the first gen, so he gets to have the starters. Why just him, though? Protagonist privilege I guess. Regardless of if the rival has a similar situation, he is always shafted in favor of the protagonist.

That is just how things are usually done for this situation, though, and it would support what the games have presented us. Do I agree with it? Not entirely. The technology existed to give us the same team we used in R/B/Y to face here. What about when there wasn't one? They would have to have a placeholder similar to what they did anyway. I do not feel anyone should've gotten shafted in terms of the starters or even if the starters should've been a factor. Unfortunately, there is little that is an inescapable factor in these games. This matter makes Blue's team make sense because all of those pokemon are what he had regardless of what starter you picked. Why didn't they do that with Red? Was there really that much need to have the starters there? I guess there was since they are as much representative of the first gen as anything, and Red deserved that honor more than Blue. It was wise of them to not choose one but all of them in that case.

So the choices they made are sound. Could it have been better? Maybe, but there was nothing to support that at the time. They could have shared representation for the first gen? They would have had to choose one, and it would be a bad idea to favor only certain player's choices. The only thing that would determine this for other RPGs is if there was a "right" choice to be made.
>>
>>32467385
>changed
*retconned

>Origins
Literally based on the games
>>
>>32467375
>that's not happening though
...well yeah, we're discussing a hypothetical scenario here hence the if. Are you sure you know to read?

>So I'll change the "how so?" question to a statement. It's not limiting anything. What you think is just wrong.
How so? You just described that , assuming a canon choice is a thing, there's nothing wrong with picking the others. That's not what we're arguing at all. We're arguing about the people who care about it and will want to pick the canon one regardless of the fact that there are or arent repercusions.

>Does not change the fact that they still have the choice. They just CHOOSE to play with the canon team.
Yes, and we're assuming they have chosen to play with the canion team, the fact that they can choose not to do so is irrelevant and we've already covered it. I'm saying "x would affect group 1 of people" and you're saying "x wouldnt affect group 1 because it wouldnt affect group 2".

>Exactly. There's no more info to be had, so the canonfags you care so deeply about aren't getting the information they want.
So they can play however they want and have no limits as they dont have a wrong choice. You are limiting them.

>Yes, the way they would "torture" themselves by playing with the canon team, right?
I dont have to justify your logic anon, you do.
>>
>>32467388
Yes
See >>32467205
>>
>>32467507
Origins is not a game
>>
>>32467491
There was no moral choice to be made with this, so the position stands. Either one gets the starters or neither of them do, and the starters are too important to be left out.

I guess they made the right choice after all, but it still begs the question of what happened to Blue's starter choice anyway. Gyarados was not singled out for this matter, I feel. He still could've had any of the starters since it's unclear which one Red got, and strangely enough, Blue has not had an Eeveelution since Yellow, which would be the only other determining point. It's just not known.
>>
>>32466781
In the Battle Tree, Blue has 9 Pokémon:

- Pidgeot
- Arcanine
- Alakazam
- Machamp
- Kantonese Exeggutor
- Gyarados
- Aerodactyl
- Tyranitar
- Rhyperior
>>
>>32467559
Okay, I somehow missed Machamp. Don't know how.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.