[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the entire population of the Hoenn region? Or at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0186.png (164KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0186.png
164KB, 300x212px
What's the entire population of the Hoenn region? Or at least a general estimate?
>>
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn#Demographics

598 in RSE and 694 in ORAS
>>
>>
>>32464400
Now that you have your answer, why do you ask, mr. doubledubs
>>
Any ideas why the population is so low? Or at least the density of population is that way? I really thought it was higher maybe.
>>
>>32464433
I was doing personal research figuring out the geopolitcal situation in Pokémon
>>
>>32464439
maybe it's because half of the region is water
who knows
>>
>>32464439
Isn't it that way for most of the games?
>>
>>32464439
>>32464508
It's higher than Alola's population.
>>
Using highest population counts

Kanto: 391
Alola: 392
Johto: 452
Hoenn: 694
Sinnoh: 755
Kalos: 868
Unova: 949
>>
>>32464604
Yeah, you see the thing I have a problem with is that Unova is France. And France has a lot more then 1000 population
>>
>>32464604
Holy crap, Kanto's size would mean that RGBY are the only games with less populants than SM thanks to GSC, FRLG and HGSS.
>>
>>32464400
There are only as many people as there are unique sprites, much like spiders. Think about it.
>>
>>32464608
>Unova
>France
Wanna try that again?
>>
>>32464631
Sorry, meant Kalos. That's even worse since it's population is lower then Unova
>>
Game play limitations, fuck look at the 6mile meteor in or as or the online now in geosenge that says the route before is miles on length and has millions of rock formations/Graves from the war.
>>
>>32464439
Because it's a fucking game. I would recommend looking up its real world counterpart and using that's population as reference. That would be more accurate and realistic.
>>
>>32464721
>using random bullshit unrelated to the games would be more accurate than the information provided in the games
Are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>32464760
No, you fucking retard. The games are games, thus they leave out details. Or do you think Hoenn is a region without any hospitals, government, authorities, even things like agriculture and schools? Fuck, you can't even buy fucking food or clothes in Hoenn. Are you going to claim that's actually the case? No. It's not. That's just unnecessary detail, left out because it has nothing to do with the games.

Looking at the real world counterpart is the best way to go about it. According to a quick google search, Kyushu's population is 13,231,995 people. So that's Hoenn's as well.
>>
File: IMG_0193.png (73KB, 1022x1108px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.png
73KB, 1022x1108px
>>32464795
Would this be a good comparison image?
>>
>>32464795
Wrong. While 694 does seem abysmal and unrealistic, basing population figures on Hoenn's source of inspiration is far from accurate, seeing as it isn't a copy/paste of said source by any stretch of the imagination. It's aesthetics are just """loosely""" based on it.
>>
File: IMG_0180.jpg (95KB, 780x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.jpg
95KB, 780x451px
>>32464886
So it'd be more like this then?
>>
>>32464886
>they left out details because it's a fucking game
>but they left out details, so it doesn't count
Fine, believe whatever the fuck you want to. Hoenn is a place of immortals where people don't even need food to live and sleeping is a concept that doesn't exist. Day/Night only matter as an aesthetic thing, stamina is a non-existence concept, and no matter how much time passes, everyone will forever look the same and the population will never increase or decrease. In fact, no one is even capable of talking unless some faggot goes up to them and presses "A".

I mean, it's "loosely" based on our world. The people and mechanics are far from a copy/paste, so it MUST be the case.
>>
>>32464905
Nice strawman.To say that Hoenn is only loosely based on its real world source doesn't mean that those basic things you listed aren't there. It simply means that not everything in Hoenn is an exact copy of its real world source. Simple. I actually agreed with you on most of the population numbers thing; 694 people is just retarded, but you were too busy cherrypicking to notice.

To base Hoenn's population size on Kyushu's is ludicrous, though, simply because we don't know if population size was one of the features that the designers borrowed from Kyushu. We can only confirm that Hoenn is aesthetically based on it.
>>
>>32465021
So your basic argument is that because it hasn't been officially confirmed, we shouldn't assume the population was part of the design. Okay. See my "strawman" from last post. All of also hasn't been confirmed. You can't say for sure that people in Hoenn were meant to be the humans we know. They might just be those robot described, who will endless stand in a single place and repeat the same thing to the same person.

I mean, not officially confirmed amirite?! :^)

And you agreeing or not doesn't mean shit. This is part left to imagination and common fucking sense. No one is expecting anyone to believe that there are 3 small villages, all with 2 houses each and about 20 people in total, and no shops or any source of food, cut off from the only town nearby by a forest, and the people live there just fine. That's being retarded. Far more ridiculous than basing the population all on Kyushu, as that at least makes sense. It's that way because it's a game.

But they haven't confirmed that the humans in Pokemon world need food, or life, so assuming they do is just ludicrous. We don't know if basic human functions were something the designers borrowed from our world. We can only confirm that they don't need basic human functions, so that MUST be the case. Fuck common sense.
>>
>>32464439
Because it's a fucking video game and Gamefreak can't program for shit
>>
>>32464439
Gamefreak just excludes most of the peasant NPCs because they aren't worthy of being in the game
>>
>>32465066
No. Fucking. One. Is. Saying. A. Population. Of. 694. Is. All. There. Is. There are obviously thousands of people. All I'm sating is the population of Hoenn isn't a copy/paste of Kyushu's and it's a weak analogy for that same reason.

Also, you seem to have confused me with some other Anon a few posts back. Hence the confusion and the fact that your argument seems rife with non sequiturs.
>>
If you werent going to use in game avatars as a estimate for relative population what would you use instead?

I'm thinking the best way would be to set a value for small towns and a value for cities, add all the towns per region, then debate for years on end whether olivevine city counts as a city or a town.
>>
>>32465227
Either the same as the other anon, and use the real world counterpart, or with your method. Though leaning towards the former, simply because that's a whole lot simpler and there are only a few minor problems with it.
>>
>>32464604
Johto's a little higher, a couple of the places are miscounted, But I never got the chance to figure out exactly by how much since I never had the time. But I do know things like, Frontier Access is shown to have 11 people when it has like 26, for instance. Still wont bring it higher than 500
>>
>>32464795
This is a bad idea though, the regions arent the same size as they are in the real world, and a few towns, while being smaller due to limitations, are still definitely not supposed to be the same size as their real counterparts.

I see what you're saying, but I wouldnt call the real one 100% accurate
>>
>>32464563
Alola is not only a shithole but tiny as fuck. Of course it'll be smaller
>>
What kind of estimate do you want to get? What's actually in the games or what would be a 'realistic' guess?

>>32464681
>6 miles
Where was this stated?
>>
>>32464400
>>32464411
>>32464433
Thread of double dubs
>>
>>32466179
Pokémon geopolitics are strange
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.