[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't get my wrong, Soul Silver was a great game, but it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: silver.png (390KB, 960x358px) Image search: [Google]
silver.png
390KB, 960x358px
Don't get my wrong, Soul Silver was a great game, but it seemed to lack something. I don't think it effectively recreated the feel or atmosphere. Sure, SS is more sophisticated, but I prefer the original.

Any one else feel this way, or am I just a faggot?
>>
>>32455662
For me, it's just the music. Everything else is fine.
>>
>>32455662
I can see where you're coming from and I do agree with you to an extent.
However, you're still a faggot.
>>
>>32455677
This tbqh f a m
>>
>>32455662
It's just you being a nostalgia-fag.

Not that that's totally a bad thing. There's something charming about the minimalist graphics/music of old games.
>>
>>32455662
I feel how you feel about ORAS compared to RS. However, HGSS were literally perfect in my opinion.
>>
>>32455662
The only real difference are the sprites. The original looks more dynamic than the remake, as if the pokemon is actually going to strike. The remake just looks like a display model.
>>
>>32455662
>chiptunes sound a lot more harsh and impactful for fights
>black and white background to contrast the colored sprites
>more dynamic-looking sprites
That's where the charm of the original comes from. I prefer it, too. It makes everything feel that much more intense.
>>
>>32455726
This is what nostalgiafags actually believe.
>>
>>32455662
you're just being nostalgic.
>>
The only good thing about Johto are the atmosphere and aesthetics of GSC, which are so good it makes it by far the best game in the series, which HGSS actively goes out of the way to ruin. Unlike RSE which had shit atmosphere and looked like crap to begin with so ORAS was only an improvement there, although then you have the issue of RSE actually being a decent game and ORAS ruining that.
>>
>>32455735
>nostalgiafag
It's easy to spot the underage posters.
>>
>>32455741
Yeah, I agree. FR/LG for me highlighted just how bland RBY are. Having said that, I recently played Red on my Game Boy Player, and I really enjoyed its simplicity.
>>
>>32455705
this

RS were my jam growing up, so ORAS just felt...weak

But HGSS are one of my favorites
>>
>>32455791
I'm 19 and bought Silver from gamestop when I was 8. Fight me faggot.
>>
>>32455662
I understand. Everytime I play a remake, I get the feeling that I could be just playing the original games instead.
So much has changed over the years, whether it's the aesthetics from upgrading to newer consoles or how different the battle mechanics have become, that it makes the original games still feel very distinguishable from their remakes. These aren't just touchups or HD editions, they're completely different games that just so happen to take place in the same regions.
Being a Gameboy game does define GSC to a certain point, and making a remake of it for the DS is going to compromise that.
>>
>>32455844
lol, you bought Silver in 2006. Opinion irrelevant.
>>
>>32455844
Born in 1998? Didn't grow up in the golden age of gaming? I feel for you, anon. All you know is 'online gaming', rehashes and DLC. Your opinion is therefore invalid.
>>
>>32455866
Hey, he probably remembers playing GTA SA in his teenage years, like 4-5 years after it was released, he totally lived through the golden age of video games
>>
>>32455885
>not playing Vice City at the ripe age of six
>>
>>32455898
6 was when I was picking up prostitutes and murdering them in GTA 3, step it up fampai
>>
>>32455911
6 was when I was beating up prostitutes on Streets of Rage, step it up m8
>>
File: mossdeep.png (482KB, 1188x347px) Image search: [Google]
mossdeep.png
482KB, 1188x347px
>>32455840
I think the game is just ugly. For example, look at pic related. ORAS tried to emulate the "layered" technique that the original games used for the illusion of raised ground, but it looks very poor. A lot of 2D games cleverly used this technique, but it's not necessary in a 3D environment and as a result it looks terrible. What they should have done was just model the landscapes from the ground up, like they did later in SM. Another similar nitpick is how they didn't change the ponds that had square, 90 degree angles and such. Again, this would be fine for a 15 year old GBA game, but it's not acceptable for a modern 3DS game.
Also the game was way too easy. Everything just felt lazy in general.
>>
>>32455919
Never mind I was 7. Thought it came out in 2000
>>
>>32455662
No, you're a faggot. I fucking love chiptune music and sprites and I can tell you plainly that HG/SS is still better than Crystal because of all the shit it added.
>>32455741
How fucking wrong can one person be.
>>
>>32455662
It definitely has a different feel to it, but I enjoy playing the remakes more, they're more convenient, have a difficulty that the originals lack (to a certain extent, Pokemon has never been very difficult) and feel like they're the more complete experience.
>>
File: Pokemon-HGSS-SproutTowerRival.png (15KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-HGSS-SproutTowerRival.png
15KB, 256x192px
>>32455741
>atmosphere and aesthetics of GSC, which are so good it makes it by far the best game in the series, which HGSS actively goes out of the way to ruin
You can have an opinion, but at least try.
>>
>>32455866
>Born in 1998?
1997. First console was N64, shortly after had a GBC.
>All you know is 'online gaming', rehashes and DLC
That's a lot of projection, grandpa.
>>
>>32455662
I'm with you OP. Graphically speaking I think they achieved perfection with the original Gold/Silver/Crystal release. I tried my best to enjoy Ruby/Saphire/Emerald and beyond but they arent nearly as charming and the music will never beat the harsh chiptune.
>>
>>32455936
Thanks for the refresher on the absolute overdesigned cancer that is HGSS' visual direction.
>>
>>32455885
>>>/v/
>>
>>32455931
>shit it added
Yeah, exactly. Unnecessary bloat that detracts from the core gameplay.
>>
>>32455976
Meanwhile you're the one who discarded someone's opinion for being a "nostalgiafag"

Go back to /v/ you underaged twat
>>
>>32455662
I thought I was the only one,even though it's cool things just dont feel the same in the remake,. It doesn't top the original for me either
>>
>>32455988
That was my first post in this thread my dude
>>
File: totodile.jpg (16KB, 228x289px) Image search: [Google]
totodile.jpg
16KB, 228x289px
>>32455662
The game design is shit, even worse that ORAS, I can't bear it.
>>
>>32455662
Each games has its own atmosphere:

Silver has the 8-bits graphics and the sound effects that the GB Musics can't change, and no Physical/Special split that makes some Pokémon more useful than in SoulSilver. Also no Battle Tower makes the game pretty boring after beating Red. (If you play the game in a PC you can download the N-Rage input to make Pokémon Stadium 2 read your save state and play with your team).

SoulSilver has Pokémon from Gen 3 and 4 included so you have more options for your team, the Physical/Special split makes some Pokémon different from Silver, Battle Frontier and Pokéathlon adds more post-game after defeating Red, rematching Gym Leaders and Pokémon League also adds more options for grinding levels.
>>
>>32455662
I feel this way but mostly because i don't really like the feel of the gen 4 games. otherwise i love HGSS
>>
Why didn't they ever bring back following pokemon? That was so based in sshg
>>
>>32455923
This to be quite honest.

Outside of better lighting, ORAS were a step down from XY visually.
>>
File: 1493085533135.gif (410KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1493085533135.gif
410KB, 500x450px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q06yKznF36M
Let's get some thread music.
>>
File: 1493591238646.jpg (13KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
1493591238646.jpg
13KB, 600x576px
>>32456056
>sshg
>>
>>32456056
The sprites are too much effort.
>>
>>32456086
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3b8ObqBzuA

Sometimes listening to these songs gets me teary-eyed, reminding me of simple times.
>>
>>32456105
They did Gen 5 OWs that gen, anyway. They didn't add it cause they didn't want to. They probably wanted to be a Johto thing. Once they refine those low poly models they will probably be there to stay.
>>
>>32456070
I disagree, the color choices are far better and the aesthetics of most buildings internally and externally were better too. Otherwise fair enough.
>>
>>32456070
>Outside of better lighting, ORAS were a step down from XY visually.
I think /vp/ is literally the only place where you can read such a wrong opinion.
>>
>>32455705
This
>>
>>32456117
Same m8. I get the most feels from thinking about this generation. Gen 1 for me was all the normies in school bringing in their Game Boys and trading their Pokémon via link cables. The fad had worn off by Gen 2, so it was much easier to appreciate and enjoy.
>>
>>32456139
I just said the lighting was better. But I agree the colors are overall better. I don't really agree with building structures being better either. Like
>>32455923 mention, the whole game's layout relies on the 2d nature of the originals, which don't translate well onto 3d.

>>32456144
Go back to /r/eddit
>>
>>32456103
t. triggered goldpleb
>>
>>32455662
You're still a faggot, but maybe what you're talking about is just tied to your own imagination? The bareness of old GB made them more malleable for playing with in your head, while the remakes were able to portray something more specific.
>>
File: mess.gif (2MB, 280x211px) Image search: [Google]
mess.gif
2MB, 280x211px
>>32455866
>>
>>32455662
I personally find both versions bland and boring. Music is better in gen 4
>>
I liked how you could tune into a radio station to get the original 16 bit soundtrack
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.