[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An official Pokemon RPG Maker called Custom Pokemon Adventure.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1466808270391.jpg (76KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1466808270391.jpg
76KB, 640x633px
An official Pokemon RPG Maker called Custom Pokemon Adventure.

Is exactly what it sounds like. Lets you build your own 2D Pokemon games in the style of any Gen 1 thru 5. Comes with everything it already needs to make Pokemon games like the battle engine, evolution, trading, etc, etc. Some 3D modeling capabilities for Gen 4/5 style games. All Pokemon data Gen 1 thru 7 available in game (this includes sprites for all mons in the style of all gens).

You can make full fledged games with your own characters, stories, and even use Fakemon.

Main feature: you can connect the games to your 3DS copy via the Pokemon website and play it on your system. You can also post your games to a Sims-like Gallery and let other people play them.
>>
>>32454986
Umaru is shit.
>>
>>32454992
This
>>
>>32454986
I was writing this when I found out the thread was archived, and the app I use keeps unsent posts around so I fished my response out of the archive:

That wouldn't fly as a commertial game. Mario Maker was an obvious choice since you can quickly play a single level, but RPGs require much more playtime and creation time.
What you're looking for is a custom pokemon engine that doesn't suck like Essentials and works on the 3ds. I don't recommend the RPG Makerish style you're suggesting, since it's simply unnecessary. Just learn the basics of coding, you fatass.
To be honest, I'd love for such an engine to exist. Been considering making it myself but I know I never will.

Now please stop pushing your shitty idea and make gaem. >>/vp/heg >>/vg/agdg
>>
>>32454992
"Hey oniichan dya mind getting me some potato chippies?"
>>
File: rpg-maker-fes-4.jpg (204KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
rpg-maker-fes-4.jpg
204KB, 1152x648px
>>32455015
It wouldn't work on the scale he suggested, but a sprite-swap, map editor, encounter editor, speech editor etc should work and be pretty simple. I imagine it would only go through gens 1 - 3 due to gen 4 and V having more unique buildings and architecture, but having the ability to place any pre-existing mons in a custom region would be perfectly doable.
>>
>>32455068
>It wouldn't work on the scale he suggested
I'm unsure whether you're talking about an official game or a custom engine, but I'll answer both:
As an official game, pokemon is already tedious and repetitive for most of it's players. Allowing people to make and publish tons of low-quality custom fangames will only make that feeling grow exponentially. I'd really love more fan-generated content in the official games, such as the wifi battle mode in unova's subway and secret bases, but this is not it.
As for a custom engine, really all you need to do is to implement a simple RPG overworld with the absolute basics (make it look/behave like gen3), a battle engine, implement all the items, and find a way to import and convert the data from the original games, to get stats, movesets, sprites, maps and so forth. Since assets are copyrighted you'll need a method to extract them on runtime, but that should be doable. Give the dev the option of just creating his own assets/data on top of the barebones game and an easy way to edit all of it, and program scripts/events and such.
Might take a year for a single person, I'm sure, but it's definitely doable. Start from Gen3, work your way up/down the gens with implementing their different gimmicks and extracting assets as you see fit.
Would be really nice if done by someone competent.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.