[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: missed pontential WHy Pokemon as franchise is filled with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 9879_c53c.jpeg.jpg (73KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
9879_c53c.jpeg.jpg
73KB, 500x611px
ITT: missed pontential

WHy Pokemon as franchise is filled with missed potential?
Why make some pokemon overpowered when other suffer and have nothing special to offer?
Why give us characters that has so little time to shine?
>>
>>32454284
The thing is, Game Freak are horrible devs. They just got lucky with Tajiri's vision and dat aggresive marketing tho.
>>
cause the people making the game don't seem to know what they're doing

i mean why else would they just keep making the same game over and over, look at almost any other long running series and see how much its evolved since its inception, meanwhile pokemon is basically the same thing it was 20 years ago except it looks a little nicer and you can play online
>>
>>32454284
>that pic
Remember when people thought the Gen 7 starters were shaped like alchemical symbols? lmao
>>
>>32454453
>>32454484
/thread

They really shouldn't have gone back to three-year cycles since the move to full 3D. They have more to implement and less time to do so.
>>
>>32454453
This. Dragon Quest Monsters came out on the gameboy very shortly after Pokemon and managed to have a bigger roster, as well as a system that allowed you to pick whatever monster you wanted and just fuse the shit out of it until it was a top-rank monster. The recently released remake does this as well. You can literally take your adorable blue blob from the beginning of the game and make it a force powerful enough to take on the OP superboss post-game in single combat if you put enough into it.

Pokemon has a ton of amazing designs and pokemon themes that are absolutely wasted because of shitty stats that are built that way because of the metagame or crappy move pools for the same reason. If they want to introduce some real strategy to the game then they need to include some sort of system to truly customize your pokemon.

I know it sounds like a bunch of fanwank bullshit, but I think a fusion system of sorts would benefit the games greatly. Pick your base pokemon, then fuse a pokemon onto it that has a particular ability for a chance to move that ability to the base pokemon, so you could potentially fuse a water type with Volt Drive. Then allow players to fuse moves onto their base pokemon by teaching them to the fusion pokemon and then adding them to the base. Round it out by allowing us to raise the base pokemon's stats by fusing a pokemon with a high stat onto it. Whatever it's highest stat is will be the stat raised in the base mon. You'd get more benefit from higher level pokemon, so you'd either have to breed a fuck ton of them or grind them to 100 to maximize benefit, so it isn't just a giveaway stat boost. This way you could take a shitty pokemon like Ledian, give it a good ability and some powerful moves that work well with it, crank it's stats up and use it competitively.

It'd shake the meta up because no two pokemon would be alike. You'd have to worry that that Swampert may have Sap Sipper, or that Durant might have a priority Ghost move.
>>
>>32454284
Tbh Zygarde is the most recent Legendary in a trio from a gen that had potential to be something huge and SM couldn't even do it justice storywise, it just appearing in Alola cus "it might be here for a reason hurrdurr" is a shit excuse not to utilize it properly and how its gameplay mechanics work... it's just a sad mess.
>>
>>32454484
Yes this is true and it always shows on Masuda interviews. It's really sad how they treat our beloved franchise
>>
>>32454555
I really like how Yokai Watch has item that boost ONE Yokai to S rank whatever it is.
I would personaly love official Pokemon ranks.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.