[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

But really now, it's literally and I mean LITERALLY just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: LITERALLY.png (113KB, 390x378px) Image search: [Google]
LITERALLY.png
113KB, 390x378px
But really now, it's literally and I mean LITERALLY just a fucking toucan with angery eyes. Like cool it can spit seeds, but I can do that too. It's just a toucan. There's NOTHING to it. It is not even good ingame or competitively either. So what's the point of adding another forgetable, worthless "literally my mom's animal" to the franchise? Like i'm asking seriously now. What is it that it's "fanbase" aka a vocal minority like about this thing?
>>
>>32453971
>vocal
is it?
>>
>Wahhhhhhhhh the new Pokemon look so weird!! I miss when they were ANIMALS with some simple details! Not abstract ideas, that shit is fucking stupid I hate anything past the first 151!
>Receives a Pokemon which just what these faggots asked for
>This shit is stupid! It's just a toucan with angry eyes!! Gamefreak can't fucking do anything right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They can't win.
>>
>>32453971

why is it so angry? Are toucans known for being full of rage?
>>
>>32453971
>I can do that too
You might be a pokemon
>>
le toucan has arrived
>>
>>32453995
Clearly the only problem with Toucannon's design is that it's not My Mom's Toucan Except Colored Brown
>>
>>32453995
There isn't a single gen 1 mon that's as Literally My Mom's as this thing. Even Ratatta is more stylized.
>>
>>32454040
Here's your reply
>>
File: 086Seel.png (125KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
086Seel.png
125KB, 431x431px
>>32454040
Literally my mom's attempt at naming a Pokemon that isn't Pikachu
>>
>>32454053
At least that has a horn and bulldog sort of face with the tusks/teeth
>>
>>32454047
>Here's my non-argument
Thanks?
>>
I had a shiny toucannon in my moon game and it put in work
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1200x800px
>>32454079
You're going to say "i-it's not the same because Caterpie's head is slightly larger!" or some stupid shit, aren't you?
>>
Not to mention the fact that it evolves from a cute little woodpecker
>>
They could have given it a unique typing
Or a rare typing.
Or a unique ability

But all they gave it was a shitty gimmick move and a shitty BST. "Oh, the opponent will get burned if it makes physical contact!" Great, so it has to take damage for the shitty secondary effect to activate. Not just damage mind you, but PHYSICAL damage. So all the Thunderbolts and Ice Beams have nothing to worry about, and a Fire Type can still just plow it.
>>
>>32454113
>le everything has to be competitive meme
>>
>>32454098
All of its proportions are different and stylized. Four legs, tail thing, and they made its eye markings its actual eyes. Try again.
>>
>>32454118
Everything should have a reason to exist. The Toucan does not. There is no reason to use it compared to Pidgeot that has a Mega, Dodrio that has a unique movepool for it's typing, Swellow for it's ability to scream loud, or Startaptor for being the Bravest Bird.

It's one gimmick is garbage and it gets to lay in the trash with the other useless Flying/Normal types whose gimmicks are trash.
>>
I mean OP is right in a sense. It's like they wanted to design a somewhat stylized toucan but here it baaarely looks like they even tried.
And the thing is, it doesn't even look that bad at the end of the day. But it's just nothing special compared to even most of gen 1 mons.
>>
>>32454073
>>32454121
Yeah but Toucannon has grey eyebrows, yellow cheeks, black circles on the start of the beak, grey triangles on its chest, long legs, and an upright crane-like posture. It's not literally a toucan in the same way Seel isn't literally a seal and Caterpie isn't literally a caterpillar.
>>
>>32454113
It's almost a guarenteed burn on an opponent who uses a physical move which is a really good thing to use ingame
>>
>>32454153
Its only difference are the markings. The proportions are virtually the same, and a toucan can take the same stance. Everything from gen 1 is more stylized.
>>
>>32453971
>It's not even good ingame

You've never used it, have you?
>>
>>32454131
>play any other RPG
>notice how much imbalance there is in the weapons, armor, and enemies
>*autistic screeching*
>>
>>32454040
Really?
Really bitch???

Pidgey, Pidgeot, Ponyta, Rapidash, Butterfree, Venomoth, Magikarp, Ekans, Arbok, Eevee, Growlithe, Arcanine... theyre literally fucking animals with one uncommon detail: a mane of fire, a horn, cartoon eyes.

The only beef I have with toucannon is this >>32454113

The wasted potential of making it unique like when we thought it was gonna be Flying Steel or some shit. It has so many interesting moves but shit at everything else.

Of course this is not a surprise in Sun&Moon Wasted Potential: the gen, the experience.
>>
>>32454171
Toucan legs aren't long at all. The beak shape is kinda different too. And the tail shape definitely isn't a bird's.
>>
File: Tucans.jpg (157KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
Tucans.jpg
157KB, 640x428px
>>32454193
Toucan legs are just as long nigger, they're just usually folded in or wrapped around something.
>>
>>32454190
>Pidgey, Pidgeot
What "my mom's bird" are these based on exactly? Name an exact species. That's what I fucking thought. Same goes for the others, they are an amalgam of species, not a carbon copy of one specific animal.

>one uncommon detail, a mane of fire, a horn
Which is literally more than toucan has, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>32454118
underrated post
>>
>>32453971
I don't like that it's such a departure from its previous two stages.

Beak Blast, Brave Bird, U-Turn... its not bad in game. Even has Boomburst if you want into SpA or mixed attack for any reason. I do with it got a flying type move to utilize skill link more.

Haven't caught one with Sheer Force. Anyone know if its any good?
>>
Toucannon is the best regional bird so far tho
>>
File: tumblr_oo98byxo4R1qeaguvo5_1280.png (347KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo98byxo4R1qeaguvo5_1280.png
347KB, 1000x1000px
>>32453971
It's charming.
>>
I like the designs and concept of every stage of the toucannon line, but feel together it's one of the worst designed Evo lines to date. Pikipek centers the theme of multiple hits which makes sense, but then that aspect of the design is dropped for a trumbeak who is all about shaping it's beaks to make sounds. Not only does it not get a new ability to reflect the change but it evolves again and shifts the focus to its beak super heating.

I have no problem with the species changing or the individual designs but as a whole it feels as though they should of been two separate bird lines rather then Pikipek to toucannon
>>
>>32454481
>This Pokémon feeds on berries, whose leftover seeds become the ammunition for the attacks it fires off from its mouth.
>It eats berries and stores their seeds in its beak. When it encounters enemies or prey, it fires off all the seeds in a burst.
>Within its beak, its internal gas ignites, explosively launching seeds with enough power to pulverize boulders.
No wonder you think there's no gradual progression in the line, you're reading all the wrong pokedex entries.
>>
>>32454604
If it needs a dex entry to make sense of its design, it's not a very good design.
>>
>>32453971
If you want a technical distinction, it's based on a toucan's beak being thermoregulatory, and in-game Toucannon can heat its beak up via Beak Blast, which is an extra ability regular toucans obviously don't have. Also, during some of its animations, it displays it heating up its beak via its beak changing colors, which is also something regular toucans obviously can't do. It's similar to how Alolan Muk might not look that great until you see it moving in-game, but it's much more subtle for Toucannon, and not nearly as good of an excuse.

Personally - and I say this a lot - I think they should have extrapolated it a bit further with the seed-spitting, cannon theme, etc, and made it more similar to a Hornbill, with a literal cannon coming from its beak. Make it Steel/Flying and specially oriented. That would make it really unique and really interesting imo. Also a throwback to Kanto-style designs, which is a good thing in Gamefreak's eyes, and if pulled off well it could be ACTUALLY good gen1 pandering.
>>
>>32454920
his tail also is stylized to look like a fuse don't forget that
>>
>>32453971

>Gets a special animation for Bullet Seed
>Doesn't get one for Rock Blast

I am diappoint.
>>
>>32454858
>but then that aspect of the design is dropped for a trumbeak who is all about shaping it's beaks to make sounds.
How would you have come to this conclusion without the pokedex?
>>
File: 1493596359138.gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493596359138.gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>32454040
>>
>>32454053
Post me a seal that is almost identical to Seel.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.