[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are version exclusives your biggest influence on which version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ogth66EM3R1rl04amo1_1280.jpg (176KB, 960x852px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogth66EM3R1rl04amo1_1280.jpg
176KB, 960x852px
Are version exclusives your biggest influence on which version you get?

How would you react if going forward the exclusives were much more widespread, almost to point of two completely different sexes?

For example: the first game's first route includes Pidgey, Bidoof, and Scatterbug, and second version has Sentret, Wurmple and Yungoos, and it only snowballs from there
>>
*dexes

Wasn't trying to start shit
>>
>>32444800
>cave either has hordes of zubat or geodude, with the occasional morelull or paras, with a very rare aron or larvitar
>>
>>32444800
I wanted to choose Moon when they were revealed because blue is my favourite colour, but then Lunala and the day system were revealed.

I chose Black over White in Gen V because I preferred Reshiram and Black City, but most of my favourite exclusives were in White. For B2W2, I just made my Kyurem the form for the other version because Black Kyurem is shit.
>>
Honestly it doesn't really. Box art does a lot more but if the gap was as big as the scenario you're painting then yes the dex would factor in. It would probably be the deciding factor actually.
>>
>>32444832
Maybe it would be better if OP's idea just skewed the encounter rates for both versions instead of completely limiting them.
>>
>>32444800
>almost to point of two completely different sexes?
Is this going to be another
>the sex will be available tomorrow
>>
I primarily choose based on aesthetic color and use the legendaries as a tie breaker.

Exclusive trash pokes are a non issue with Internet trading.

I chose red because red is best color and super cool dragon on the box
I chose all the fluff in the middle by color
I chose white because the box monster loked less stupid than the black one
I chose X because forest deer made me Mononoke internally
I chose moon because moon aesthetics and the bat looked better than yet another generic fire catdog
>>
What if?
>a biggest ammount of pokemon in dex
>exclusives are determined by the language of the game
>>
Yeah. I usually try to use one version exclusive mon on my first playthrough of a game. I do wish newer games would do more with version exclusive content though. I'd like to see more stuff like black city and white forest, as well as aesthetic differences between versions. More than that, I think having differing routes/paths between versions could be neat. Like have route 2 in one version be a regular grassy route with a river next to it and you encounter the usual regional bird and rodent, but in the other version's route 2 the river has sort of overtaken the route and you've got to wade through shallow water and you can encounter water types there instead.
Or have route 5 in one version be a paved path with trainer battles and little to no grass, but in the other version it's a natural path with lots of grass and a wider variety of wild encounters, but no trainers.
>>
>>32444800
>Flygon line
>Metagross line
>Goodra line
>Garchomp line

Who made this
>>
>>32445942
If I had to guess, the same person who added the cafe in the pokemon center. Honestly, I will be surprised if that person has not been fired yet.
>>
>>32444800
The only thing I care about is the box art, for the rest I already have a living dex and trading exists anyway
>>
>>32445942
Somehow people managed to get it into their heads that they were version-exclusives during lurantis leak time.
>>
>>32444800
I choose by color or legendary, but exclusives do help break a tie.
>>
Only twice. Once for FR/LG, and second for Sun/Moon. I find it mostly a coincidence that my original pokemon choices didn't involve version exclusives. Now it's more likely to happen. If it comes to it, though, I am fully willing to get both versions just so I can have the pokemon I want.
>>
>>32444800
Not really. Ever since Silver, I always go for the 'blue' version.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.