[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know how to catch pokemon? >No Yes Its that simple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: learn-to-catch-a-pokemon[1].png (426KB, 530x318px) Image search: [Google]
learn-to-catch-a-pokemon[1].png
426KB, 530x318px
Do you know how to catch pokemon?
>No
Yes

Its that simple gamefreak. Stop making me spend five minutes having to "learn" a step I learned in gen 1.

Minor pokemon bitching thread?
>>
>>32442454
Make encountering pokemon optional. I just want to play the game without being interrupted every 5 steps by encounters that I don't give a fuck about.

Also remove
>couldn't get away!
It doesn't raise the difficulty at all, it just makes wild encounters more tedious.
>>
>>32442466
>Anon used Max Repel!
>>
>those fuckers with a full team of completely underleveled shitmons
>>
>>32442454
Do you know how to catch Pokémon?

>No (-> tutorial)
>Yes (-> resume)

It's so easy.
>>
>>32442454
The funny thing is, is that most kids these days would probably already know what to do even if tutorials were a thing. Once you get your hands on it, it's almost like it's instict
>>
File: UtKnAyj[1].png (7KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
UtKnAyj[1].png
7KB, 240x160px
>>32442479
>>
How about

Are you a 'lil bitch?
>Yes (normal Pokemon game)
>No (each trainer has a unique strat)
>>
>>32442454
>Can you heal during battle? Y/N
>Can enemies heal during battle? Y/N
It be nice to not have the A.I use Full Heals every time they're 1 hp away from dying. It'd also be a cool challenge for more experienced players.

>>32442513
Actual difficulty options would be great.
>>
Do you know how to play the game?
>Yes (instantly get into the story and game with no future tutorials except for new gameplay mechanics)
>No (tutorial)

Pick no: do you know how to do this?
>Yes (skip that particular part of the tutorial)
>No (shows you how to do it)
>>
>>32442454
They did this in GSC, and then never again. The guy just says "Oh, fine then."

Why does there have to be tutorials over obvious shit anyways? Did we really need an autobattle to show us how Z-Moves work instead of "equip the crystal on the pokemon
>>
>>32443359
>Pokemon is 1 HP away from dying
>AI uses Full Heal
>Pokemon dies that turn anyway because Full Heal doesn't recover HP
>>
>>32442513
>(each trainer has a unique strat)
Didn't they have this at one point? I remember some game where Scientists would use X items and shit.
>>
>>32444799
BW
>>
>>32442479
>That tiny amount of exp slowly trickling up the bar as you waste time and PP watching them all fall in one turn
>>
>>32442479
>someone at gf still thinks 6 magikarp dude is funny
>>
>>32442454

can't they just leave tutorial npc on first route?
>>
>>32445284

kids are too stupid to remember they just had fucking tutorial at the beginning, sorry anon
>>
>>32445118
That guy with 6 level 3 early bugs can also eat a bag of dicks
>>
>>32445118

I once gave them idea to change in game system, to force people to train their mons until they will be strong "stats" wise to defeat new opponents and to put guy with 6 lv 100 magikarp's with higher stats than the player, blocking victory road
>>
>>32445338

for example; while player stats are at 200bst, magikarp guy would be at 500bst which means he would 1hko all with tackle, bounce or hydro pump
>>
File: 114.png (321KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
114.png
321KB, 591x352px
wish I could use some pokemon without feeling shame for the game
>>
>>32445338
>>32445390
Are you retarded, or just underage?
>>
>>32445118
It would be funnier if he were replaced by a six Gyarados dude in one of the remakes, but instead, we just keep getting the same joke without a punchline.
>>
>>32444700
>>32442454

I don't think you guys have seen how kids play.

If they have an offer to not do a tutorial, they'll take it, and then later on go "THE GAME NEVER TOLD ME HOW TO DO THIS I DON'T GET IT. THIS GAME IS UNFAIR FUCK THIS GAME"

Kids really overestimate how much they know, its like watching DSP play a game
>>
>>32447789
This guy gets it.

t. watch any lets play for 30 seconds
>>
>>32447789
I figured that shit out when i was 5. At the very least there should be a "are you an experienced player?" option
>>
>>32446765
In Ruby and sapphire you can rematch one Fisherman on route 132.
His first pokemon is a Magikarp.... and its then followed by five Gyarados
>>
>>32442454
Honestly who cares?
It's a two minute tutorial compared to the ones nowadays where they're around 30 or have an entire chapter dedicated to it that's nothing.
>>
>>32447815
But then people who aren't experienced players and don't know how to catch Pokemon will say yes to that answer, and then not know how to catch pokemon, and they will blame the game.

Honestly its better this way.
>>
Not asking your gender, boy or girl, anymore cus social justice warriors get offended. Now it's, what do you look like or what is your style.
>>
>>32447789
How about you make the option to skip tutorials kind of obtuse and buried in the other options? That way dipshits don't find it, and people that fucking hate this shit will.
>>
>>32447789
These same kids will mash A lose one battle give up and going back to playing on their iPhones and ipads their parents bought them on release.

It's also why I don't understand the logic of removing postgame content like the battle frontier to compete with mobile games. If they wouldn't stick around for the frontier why would they for the battle mansion / tree?
>>
Can we have an option to turn off the fucking pokeride music?
>>
ORAS not having a gba sounds option. Why was this allowed game freak?
>>
>>32447883
>the worst song in the game and it's also all you hear

inb4 someone says the bike music always played, that was only slightly less bad. I dont want to hear this shit everywhere i go
>>
>>32447829
that would work
>>32447856
nah some of them will stick around if they are forced to learn - they now have a sunk time cost

Also the effort to make two facilities is less than the effort to make 7
>>
>>32442479
>>32442502
>>32445080
>>32445118
When they aren't karps its very useful for leveling up new team members
>>
>>32442501
Considering the amount of "i beat the game with my overleveled starter" retards in the past i refuse to believe history can't repeat itself
>>
>>32447789
>If they have an offer to not do a tutorial, they'll take it, and then later on go "THE GAME NEVER TOLD ME HOW TO DO THIS I DON'T GET IT. THIS GAME IS UNFAIR FUCK THIS GAME"
I've seen adults doing this shit, honestly i think the kind of tutorial influences, who wants to read a bunch of text about shit you still have no investment in?
>>
>>32447953
but every game (not just video) has rules you need to learn first in order to play. Those lets players skip the tutorial on a game theyve never even seen before and then start screaming when they dont understand whats going on. That's actual retardation.
>>
File: Gena_Jigglypuff.png (497KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gena_Jigglypuff.png
497KB, 1280x720px
>>32447965
I know that, but i believe people skipping or not depends on what kind of tutorial is presented, take the SNES megaman games for example, the first stage doesn't give you messages telling you what to press, you just learn on your own and its very self explanatory, you do have the occasional retard who misses the charged shots but for the most part it works

Now compare this to the infamous "ask me anything" NPC who has 10 different options of dialogue to cover every major mechanic, they don't even bother with giving you information in small bits so you can digest everything they just throw everything at you, people are more likely to skip these and honestly i can't blame them

Finally the pokémon games, where they are all the same at core and if you played you you played them all, they do this bullshit where they disguise NPC dialogue in the first towns (i swear i've seem one of the games doing this all the way through the game, can't remember which one), you talk to the NPC expecting dialogue but nope, more tutorials, did you know water beats fire? Well now you know, hope you don't get fed up and skip all the dialogue in the future
>>
>>32447856
When I was a kid I remember being absolutely dumbfounded by a guy that had somehow managed to get all the way to Fuschia city without having caught anything other than his starting Charmander, and had gotten stuck because he couldn't figure out how to teach him charizard Surf. How he managed to get Surf in the first place, in addition to figuing out how to each his charizard Cut and Strength, wihtout catching any Pokemon, was beyond me.
>>
>>32447907
>BW bike theme is one of my favorite songs in the game
>by this point the bike music only plays in the first area you ride in
>>
>>32448018
>guy that doesn't know how to play the game used only charizard

really activates my neurons
>>
>>32448018
Was his name Alain?
>>
>>32448023
I thought Charizard was the animefag option, you would think they would know how to capture pokémon
>>
>>32448037
always seems like the "kid that doesnt know how to play the game" option to me. Knew a kid that asked me for help getting through rock tunnel and they had a level 43 charizard and like 1 other pokemon
>>
>>32447827
Get fucked, did they do that in the new games?
>>
>>32448074
What's it fuckin' matter in the end? It's one line of dialogue at the very beginning that gets either ignored or forgotten.
>>
>>32448074
The combined it with skin tone selection. Im so sorry they made things more efficient.
>>
>>32447827
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE THEY DON'T ASK GENDER ANYMORE THEY JUST ASK YOU WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE TO SPEED UP THE CHARACTER CREATION PROCESS! THIS MUST BE THE WORK OF LE EVIL SJW
God this is pathetic. Go back to /pol/ retard.
>>
>>32448085
>>32448094
Good thing I went with my gut feeling and stopped buying their games.
>>
>>32448120
>>32448118
>>
>>32448120
>actually wanting the game to go: What is your gender?, what is your skin color?, what is your eye color?, what is your hair color?, etc.

retard
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.