[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we've determined every 3DS pokemon game sucked, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: BW2.jpg (66KB, 460x207px) Image search: [Google]
BW2.jpg
66KB, 460x207px
So we've determined every 3DS pokemon game sucked, what changed will it take to make pokemon great again?
>>
>>32441994
They sucked because no third version, thats all
>>
XY's quality of life changes/pss...pps whatever
Oras dexnav and soaring and base training
Sun and moon pelago, pokeride, and PC judge
BW2's everything
Battle Frontier
>>
>>32442006
That's the most retarded reason i've heard
>>
>>32441994
Battle frontier or PWT, it wasn't that hard and they fucked up.
>>
>>32442006
>B2W2
>No third version
>Didn't suck

try again sweetie
>>
>>32442006
Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>32442025
>B2W2
>Bad
Try again sugar
>>
Every Pokemon sucked, literally my first baby rpg
>>
>>32441994
In SM the online is fucking horrible, festival plaza is awful. And fishing is the worst in the series. And as pretty as the game is, there is nothing to do off of the main path. I knew the game was shit when I entered wela volcano expecting a dungeon and instead popped out the other side.

Every game needs to be like BW2: there needs to be a wealth of content and things to do every step of the way so you can feel like you're adventuring at your own pace and for your own reasons, instead of being railroaded into some other character's story. There need to be diverse caves and forests and dungeons filled with Pokémon and tough trainers. No more of this "every trainer has one Pokemon for half of the game" faggotry. More side quests, but with actual objectives instead of 90% being some asshole paying you to catch a Pokémon somewhere. Bring back PSS. Bring back fifth gen's rustling grass and water bubble encounter tables, and ring back dexnav. Give us a proper endgame battle facility like PWT and battle frontier, not just another fucking battle tower clone. Take the fucking series seriously again Gamefreak.
>>
Bringing back Challenge Mode would be a start, ideally without the pants-on-head retarded key system mechanic. It's hardly difficult to implement and it would help alleviate the general lack of difficulty in more recent games.
>>
Unovabortion thread
>>
>>32441994
Gen 7 was on the 3ds though??
>>
>daily boxart bait thread #96774456
>>
>>32442006
This. RS was bad, DP was bad, BW1 was bad, all salvaged by their third version/numbered sequel.
>>
>all this terrible English
So are we being invaded by children or foreigners
>>
>>32442109
>liking a shitty remake of the bland RS instead of the excellent Emerald
>liking the nonexistent battle frontier
>liking free mega lati twins that trivialize the latter half of the game
>liking zinnia
>>
I have a better question: What genre do you want Pokemon to be?
>>
>>32442044

Gen 5 will always be the peak of the franchise if they don't get their shit together
>>
>>32441994
>So we've determined every 3DS pokemon game sucked
At least they were objectively better than every DS pokemon game.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>32442163
>gen 5
>peak
Wanna know how I can tell you're underage?
>>
>>32442174

I'm 22 going on 23.

that gen really had it all honestly for me.
>>
[32442174]

Not worth the (You).
>>
>>32442126
>>liking a shitty remake of the bland RS instead of the excellent Emerald
Best remake by far. On par with Emerald overall.
>liking the nonexistent battle frontier
Battle Maison is great in its own right. I would've been mad if a Delta Emerald game didn't have BF, but it's not the case with ORAS.
>liking free mega lati twins that trivialize the latter half of the game
Of course I do. Nobody forces you to use them, Einstein. Or did you expect GF to make the Latis roaming Pokes, when using Soaring depended on the Latis?

Also, I am not a.Zinnia fan, but other than her, the Delta Episode is great.
>>
>>32442174
Speak for yourself, you have to be a toddler with such objectively shitty taste.
>>
File: really anon.png (472KB, 592x720px) Image search: [Google]
really anon.png
472KB, 592x720px
>>32441994
>now that the dust has settled post
>>
File: 1377872472951.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1377872472951.png
57KB, 184x184px
>>32442126
>>liking a shitty remake of the bland RS instead of the excellent Emerald
Except it adds content, making it better than shit remakes (HGSS)
>>liking the nonexistent battle frontier
Every remake has done this, and the Maison is better than most
>>liking free mega lati twins that trivialize the latter half of the game
You mean like the free Zekrom/Reshiram that trivialize gen 5?
>>liking zinnia
Name 1 better gen 5 character. I'll wait.
inb4"oh N was actually a good character and not a giant pile of shit!"

Protip: you're underage and your opinions are undeveloped.
>>
>>32442174
gen 5(bw2) was the peak in terms of the work they put into it.
>>
Oh really? That's what your argument really is? That you can't do online? Admittedly, it's a valid argument in terms of pokemon, but I MUST HAVE MY BATTLES, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Here. http://pokemonshowdown.com/ *beat you to a pulp with it. See this! Do you see it!? Do you even comprehend it!? Is it too much for you!? GET OUT OF HERE, PUT THAT STUPID 3DS DOWN IN GET IN THERE!
>>
>>32442191
Other than dexnav it adds nothing of value. Don't bring up soaring because all it accomplishes is being anymore time-consuming fly that highlights the hideous 3D over world. Battle Maison is literally ripped from XY because they were lazy. Zekrom and reshiram are literally obtained at the end of the main game, not the halfway point. And literally any character is better than Zinnia, even Tierno. Nice try
>>
>>32442252
Of course it is. He's been baiting since his first post.
>>
>>32442252
Half this board is bait desu
>>
>>32442191
Bianca was a better character than Zinnia will ever be
>>
>>32442191
>HGSS
>shit remakes
(You)
>>
>>32442025
just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it's not a third version
>>
>>32442076

Why tolerate Emerald/Platinum, though? RS and DP should've been that good from the start.

I could understand if there had only been Platinum or Emerald, but those games were cash grabs that added neat stuff, but not neat enough to exist from the original games. BW2 at least changed a lot more by having it be a sequel and not a parallel story with some edits.
>>
>>32441994
>we've determined
Why are you unable to think for yourself?
>>
File: 1489104914855.jpg (77KB, 575x350px) Image search: [Google]
1489104914855.jpg
77KB, 575x350px
>>32442191
>HGSS being shit
I can never tell if you people are serious or not
>>
>>32442045
Yeah this.
I activated challenge mode with an AR code but it really should be a staple in the series.
>>
>>32441994
Remove hand holding.
>>
>>32442181
You're me aren't you?
>>
>>32442376
Why tolerate RS and DP after we knew improved versions would come like Yellow and Crystal?
>>
>>32441994
Good starters. Gender neutral designs,good stats,good types( preferentially rare or new) and same level of power.The stupid starterwars of gen 7 and the frogshilling of gen 6 shall not happen again

Large number of new regular pokémon,with only 2 shitmons.

Few legendaries.Maximum 10

Tons of optional content.But no forced BS like pokestar studios.

Removal of megas.they were a stupid idea.

Large pokedex with all non legendaries available before the 6th gym

New regional forms

Freedom.Level scaling should be used to prevent level curve problems

Reduce number of cutscenes to 3.One at the beginning,one in which you get the starter,and one after you become champion

Trainers with good teams and better AI.

Faster engine and animations.Cutting Z-Move animations would be good too.
>>32442403
I think he is,because HGSS were shit.
>>
>>32442006
This man is correct. GS and BW are the only times gamefreak has ever gotten it right the first time around. Third versions are a necessary evil.
>>
File: 1417120067135.png (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1417120067135.png
110KB, 600x600px
>>32441994
A new developer. Gamefreak has proven their total incompetence time and again. If it weren't for the slavish devotion of the fanbase and nostalgia they wouldn't even be in business.

There's a reason they came awfully close to being dethroned by fucking Yokai Watch. It's because gamefreak is as lazy as it is stupid, and can't stop shooting themselves in the foot despite being the stweards to a franchise that is basically guaranteed to sell on brand-recognition alone.
>>
>>32442025
BW2 were the third version, and they were better than BW.
>>
>>32442611
You got me until:
>Removal of megas.they were a stupid idea

Kys, faggot.
>>
>>32442191
You mean the free Reshiram/Zekrom that's given to you for the last 2 fights in BW, both of them containing legendaries/psuedo-legendaries?

Or are you talking about the one given to you in BW2 during the post-game?
>>
>>32442042
>clearly resents Pokemon
>on a board 100% dedicated to Pokemon
C'mon now, Anon.
>>
>>32441994
Who is "we"?

The only one that sucked was Sun/Moon. XY was mediocre and ORAS was very good.
>>
>>32444659
You're not wrong, but ORAS was a remake of games GF made before they lost their touch. Despite what contrarians on this board say, the series has continuously been going to shit since BW. Now it's at a point where they are more of interactive movies than games.
>>
>>32442611
How the fuck was Pokestar forced?
>>
>>32442038
But, they are bad and extra content don't make up for it
>>
>>32441994
>B2W2
>good
Nothing in gen 5 can be good
>>
>>32441994
>gen5 comes
>oh man so many new mons, fuck them where are my old mons

>gen 6/7
>oh man so many less mons and all this pandering ! Why gf

That's called karma fags
>>
File: 1487257406381.png (219KB, 456x271px) Image search: [Google]
1487257406381.png
219KB, 456x271px
>>32441994
Nothing. Just keep going as it is. This is the Golden Age of Pokemon. The shit known as third versions is gone. Now, we just get new games. The games nowadays don't have as much content compared to a third version, but third versions took two years to only make minor changes. That was retarded. Now we get a new game ever other year, which means we get more new content per game than we ever did.

So, as far as new content per game is concerned, we're getting the most, and it's better than it ever was. This is truly the Golden Age of Pokemon, and hopefully it'll remain this way forever.

>inb4 this has to be bait
No, it's not. I'm just not retarded like you. I prefer having a new game every other year, something that is just full of new content, being a new game. Unlike you faggots, who like waiting two years to get the same game again, with a tiny bit of new content.
>>
>>32442126
Nothing will ever be as bad as Emerald Rayquaza though.
>>
>>32441994
>So we've determined every 3DS pokemon game sucked
Cool meme, upboated
>>
>Switch
>HD
>huge open world region
>huge dex with a lot of new mons, some of which are evolution of old mons
>mega evolution retconned out of extince
>save files for multiple playthrough
>difficulty setting from the beginning
>no plot
>18 gyms, one for type
>free to tackle them as you wish
>once you've got 8 you can challenge the league wich is not type coded anymore
>separate post game quests for legendaries
>type chart revamp
>pokedex revamp fixing BST, abilities and move set for each pokémon trying to at least put everyone in a niche
>better online with proper ranking sistem

That's all really. It would be a return-to-the-origin updated with all the current gaming trends as Zelda BOTW and would sell like fucking hot cakes.
>>
>>32444905
Not him but you had to do one before progressing.
>>
>>32446557
>something that is just full of new content
Unfortunately you're not getting that in fact the only games that would introduce new content are the third games.
>>
>>32442174

to be honest both gen 5 and hgss were what pokemon games should be, ton of content, ton of interesting [more or less] overworld, ton of "adventuring" inside of the world, kalos games were also good at this matter, it felt so comfy...
>>
>>32446675

kanto fels empty without johto, hoenn is shit, shinnoh is even worse... and alola...ugh...
>>
>>32446686

feels*
>>
>>32444367
It's some retard that thinks his board (/v/) is about videogames and says contianment boards suck
>>
>>32446614
>any opinion I don't like is a meme
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.