[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>is a """mythic""" Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: magearna-distribution-169-en.jpg (91KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
magearna-distribution-169-en.jpg
91KB, 578x327px
>is a """mythic""" Pokémon
>can be obtained indefinitely with a QR code that is redeemable even when not connected to wifi

How exactly is this thing a mythic Pokémon? If it is Gamefreak has totally casualized the entire concept of mythics. If you thought the bonus disc Jirachi and Hayley's Mew were bad, this is on a whole other level.
>>
>>32441696
>seriously complaining about mythicals no longer being tied to bullshit one time region exclusive events
>>
>>32441715
Let me get this straight, you are defending the casualization of mythics? Getting a Mew used to mean something. Now any idiot can pay $5 USD for My Pokémon Ranch from the Wii U eshop and get one with a minimum effort.
>>
>waaaaahhhh now it's much less annoying to legitimately obtain all Pokemon
kys
>>
>>32441742
>Let me get this straight, you are defending the casualization of mythics?
Yes
>>
>>32441742
I think Mythics were always a terrible idea. I can forgive them in the first few generations because of technology limitations but nowadays this is just horseshit.
>>
File: 1476893821044.jpg (138KB, 1242x535px) Image search: [Google]
1476893821044.jpg
138KB, 1242x535px
>this thread
>>
>>32441696
They should have made it an event like they did in gen IV, with Victini or the Delta Episode, but there's literally nothing wrong with being able to easily obtain a Pokémon that you previously could only get if GF decided to distribute it.
>>
>>32441777
trips of truth. The idea of Pokemon existing but having to wait to catch it really takes away from the theme of the game to me. "Gotta catch'em all!" turns into "Gotta catch most of them until midway through next year when GF releases another Genesect/Arceus/Pokemon that can't be caught by normal means through any of the games and also can't be Pokemon Bank'd!"

I transferred a bunch of Pokemon from all my past games up into my White and tried to send them to the Bank and none of the ones I cared about made it through just so Gamefreak could shill out for their dumb 1-per-month deal last year via Gamestop cards. Yes I'm salty. Fuck Gamefreak.
>>
>>32441742
Yes, mythicals were a mistake.
>>
>>32441742
>Getting a Mew used to mean something.

Yeah, it meant you had a Gameshark.
>>
File: 1411147612934.png (83KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1411147612934.png
83KB, 1000x1000px
>casualization of mythics
>>
>>32441871
All of my mythicalsI transferred made it through. Gen 4 Arceus, 10th Anniversary Celebi, Bonus Disc Jirachi, Victini Meloetta Darkrai Shaymin...

The hell were you transferring that failed?
>>
>>32441871
There are very few legit event Pokémon that don't pass Bank's checks. I feel like there's something you aren't telling us... Seriously no one here gives a fuck if you hacked them, just don't try to lie about it.
>>
>>32441871
>i'm a retarded cheater that can't even cheat right
>lol fuck GF
Eh.
>>
>>32441742
>Getting a Mew used to mean something
Yeah it meant your mom bought you a game genie

Did you go to six flags to get your celebi or win some bullshit sweepstakes? No? Well tough shit kid.
>>
>>32441914
>>32441953
My Genesect from the Gamestop distribution was denied as well as my shiny Entei/Raikou/Suicune from the movie special giveaway. Also my TRU Arceus. I've never touched my White version with any cheating thing as far as I remember. But maybe I'm wrong and this guy is right >>32441962. These games did come out in like 2010 so maybe I did fuck around with them and don't remember.
>>
>>32441779
So true
>>
>>32441742
autism begone
>>
>>32441742
>being this brainwashed by GF's bullshit
I'm sorry for you
>>
>>32441985
Just ran the IV calcs. My shiny trio have maxed out EVs in every stat kek. Guess I did do some cheating. But my Genesect checks out just fine but it was still declined the first time. I'm gonna try it again. Same with Arceus.
>>
>>32441696
Good. I like being always able to obtain bunnybot.
>>
>>32442101
IIRC one of the gen 4 Arceus distributions is the only 100% legit Pokémon bank will reject every time. I think it's the Michina one from Europe but I might be mistaken. It still should have been obvious to you in retrospect that your pokémon were hacked.

This is why I never believe anyone when they claim to have problems getting their "legit" Pokémon through bank, because 9/10 times it is a gened or otherwise hacked pokémon.
>>
>>32442215
I didn't hack it in though, I just maxed the EVs out in every stat. I actually just downloaded a code to erase all the EVs so I'm about to try it again for the shiny trio. I'm almost certain I've never directly hacked a Pokemon into the game, just edited others' stats and moves and such.

Is the Roar of Time/Spacial Rend/ Shadow Force Arceus the one that will always fail? Cause that's the one I have.
>>
>>32442276
Maybe when you typed the EV values into pokedit you also changed some other stats that messed things up and forgot. Or gave it an illegal move. IDK. But if it's rejecting your shiny dogs then clearly something fishy is going on, because it let mine through with no problems.

If you sent them all in the same bunch with a single hacked pokemon it's possible it rejected the entire group, but I can't remember whether the poketransporter works that way.
>>
>>32441742
>you have to put 999 Pokémon in Ranch to receive the Mew
>minimum effort
kys, retard
>>
Okay, here's the thing. I don't understand what the point of limiting the legends was to begin with. So people won't make entire teams of them? Yeah, we all know how that worked out with Mewtwo. That's the problem with games that can transfer data between them. THERE IS AN UNLIMITED AMOUNT OF EVERYTHING. Their only point was with the event legends, but even that blew up in their face because their games can be so easily hacked. (well, that and gen 1's glitches made literally everything possible) My point is that whatever they were thinking of, it wasn't going to happen because we can just get more. Without the hacks MAYBE the events became more limited as they were intended at least by the second gen, unless there's bugs in that one I don't know about. Still, why limit them? That's giving a privileged few an unfair advantage. The game was never supposed to be balanced? You would pretty much have to admit that competitive was a farce to start with. Before you throw bans at me, I know they didn't always exist, and thus why Mewtwo ruled everything. I have no idea when legends started to be banned, but that brings up another question: why limit them if WE'RE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO USE THEM ANYWAY!? DO THESE PEOPLE EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY'RE MAKING RULES FOR!? THIS IS A VIDEO GAME, NOT A TCG! EVEN IF THIS WAS A TCG, A COMPETENT PERSON WOULD LOOK AT THESE AND SAY THAT NOT ALL OF THEM ARE BAD.

There IS no reason for them to limit ANYTHING. They just want their money. That's why Mew was given out, that's why all the other events were made. That's why they still make them that way. Mew wasn't even intended to work that way, it was a joke that they made into a money making scheme. Oh god, someone stop me. All of pokemon was nothing more than a plushie factory!
>>
What if some poor fool really wanted to play Sun/Moon years later and really wanted to obtain that shit without the hassle of injecting?
>>
>>32442291
I only recently begun using the disc though. Everything I did when I was actively playing this game, I was typing the codes into my AR manually for hours at a time. I just erased the EVs though and it went fine so that was definitely the issue.

>>32442695
I'm sure injecting would be even less of a hassle at that point honestly. Efficiency of technology grows tremendously in a fairly short amount of time.
>>
>>32441696
Robotic mythicals are great.
I wish Genesect was infinitely obtainable like Magearna though.
>>
File: 1477188296876.png (324KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1477188296876.png
324KB, 700x700px
>>32441742
Yes. Mythics are fine and good for promotion. Their distribution methods were, until wifi bullshit and even then they still do regional crap.
>>
>>32441742
Mythical Pokemon stopped meaning anything when they switched to Wi-fi distributions. All they mean now is that you remembered to push "receive gift" at the right time.
>>
>>32442834
Really all you do is point a camera at a qr code for like 3 seconds.
>>
File: 1489631716389.jpg (31KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489631716389.jpg
31KB, 600x800px
>>32441742
Someone's probably already told you off, but shut up. In the old days, being a kid in a rural area with no internet, getting a Mew was a pipe dream.

It should not be literally impossible to obtain any Pokemon.
>>
>>32441696
While I do think that getting a mythical at any time just for scanning a code is a bit shit, missing out on a Pokemon and having to cheat for it is shit. The Deoxys in ORAS was great and I hope they make more mythicals catchable in the games.
>>
>>32442548
chill man, chill
>>
File: 1444612543993.gif (10KB, 123x127px) Image search: [Google]
1444612543993.gif
10KB, 123x127px
>>32444625
Take this reaction image. You might need it one day.
>>
I'd prefer if the mythicals were in the actual game but be more difficult to obtain. Events in this day and age is bullshit.
>>
>>32441779
Pretty much.
>>
>>32441742
>unironically liking being forced to buy some garbage shovelware or having to go all the way to some event to get a fucking pokémon

Not everyone has a money extortion fetish. And somehing makes me think you're one of those guys mad at the lack of HMs too.
>>
>>32446035
HMs are better than the ride pokemon cancer, which dont let you use your own pokemon to help you on your adventure, and also have shit music and shit outfit
>>
mythics have historically been given out like candy its just that those games are old and it seems like they're harder to obtain. In 10 years magearna will be hard to obtain too
>>
>>32441742
Actually kys. What they're doing is better than doing something that eventually becomes gone forever.
>>
>>32446043

Suppose they worked like this instead:
>HMs still exist in Sun and Moon
>The moves can be forgotten like regular moves; you don't need the move deleter
>When you get a new HM, you also get the corresponding Ride Pokémon added to your Ride Pager
>You can use Pokémon in your party for HM stuff, and if you don't have one, you can use the Ride Pager instead
>so if you want to cross some water and you have a Starmie that can use Surf, you can ride it. If you don't have any Surf users in your party, you can call Lapras instead
>the Poké Ride music only plays when you call a Ride Pokémon, not when you ride one of your own

Would that be better?
>>
>>32446237
I'd love that.
>>
>>32446237
that that seems like it would make anyone happy

also remove shit outfits when riding any either your own or the ride pokemon
>>
>>32446237
11/10 my erection is two inches long
>>
>>32446237
Also there's no visual difference between rental Pokemon and the Pokemon in your party- as in previous generations, a standin is used for the Ride Pokemon's model, and said standin happens to be Tauros, Lapras, etc.
>>
>>32441696

I agree, they should be at least hidden somewhere in the game, or something
>>
>>32446356

>ebin hide in game code XDXDXD

no, but seriously... I hate how GF started making casual legendaries, 1st gen was mistake but why they didn't learn...
>>
File: 70s.jpg (14KB, 303x293px) Image search: [Google]
70s.jpg
14KB, 303x293px
Are you guys retarded? No pokemon is "literally impossible to get" in this day and age, not even event only mons like Genesect. If you miss the event, you just trade with other players to get the mon you want.
>>
>>32448229
or just inject like a normal person
>>
>>32441742
Ignore the rural and suburban retards getting butthurt. City people prefer when Mythical MEANT something.
>>
I hate magearna because "Mythical" used to mean "really hard to get". But this little bitch is obtainable by any fuck and their mom, it literally takes less effort to get than the legendaries.
>>
>>32442992
>>32441769
>>32443703
>>32446035
>>32446209
All these wussies happy they made a casual game even more casual.
>>
>>32448354
Only people from cities like New York or Tokio where the events actually took place.
>>
>>32448376

Yes, having your mommy drive you to gamestop is real challenging.
>>
>>32441696
I think its great that its easier to get

and the fact that you turbo-losers are upset over it is even better

You know GF are gonna keep doing the same thing the future and theres nothing you can do about it?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.