[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, last Nintendo console I owned was N64 with a Gameboy Colour.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Dragonite_fcdc34_1823549.png (1MB, 737x2159px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonite_fcdc34_1823549.png
1MB, 737x2159px
Hey, last Nintendo console I owned was N64 with a Gameboy Colour.

I loved playing pokemon games, and my favorite of all, was playing them in my transfer pack connected to the N64 with that emulator thing they had.

I'm trying to capture that same experience, but with the re-makes like Fire Red, and Soul Silver.

What's the best way to play those games?
>>
>>32440574
is this 2010??? stop bringing back high school feels please
>>
>>32440582
my bad like I said I haven't played for a long time. Silver was the last pokemon game I played, and I wanted to check out the re-makes.
>>
>>32440587
I was referring to the dragonite dad

I mean the best way to play those games would be to buy them and just play them on real handhelds
The cheapest way though is to google "[handheld required for the game] emulator" and then "[name of the game you want] ROM" and that's it
>>
>>32440574
Just get a DS lite, a copy of FRLG, and a copy of HGSS.
>>
>>32440628
>>32440634
So there's no console inter-connectivity anymore like with the GBC and N64?
>>
>>32440574
You could try and get a GameCube and a Gameboy Player for FR/LG, but no real luck for HG/SS. In fact, HG/SS are very expensive, anyway. You might be better off emulating those on a PC, but you miss out on a lot of fun stuff that way.
>>
>>32440640
I think I'm most interested in HG/SS to be honest.

I want to play in the way that leaves most doors open for playing with other people, and would like an honest game, not an emulator.

There's so many different DS's out there, I don't know what to get though.

Would a 3DS work? That seems like I'd have a lot more options. Or the new Switch does that have the ability to play Fire Red, or Soul Silver?
>>
>>32440639
There was a few games that HGSS could interact with on the Wii, if that's what to meant. Nothing amazing, though.
>>
>>32440662
No Pokemon Stadium v3.0 or something?
>>
>>32440659
The old DS would be the best way to go. 3ds's work for HGSS but you can get an older DS for very cheap. Not to mention old DS's have a spot to insert and play GBA games. I'd recommend the DS Lite.
>>
>>32440659
3DS works for DS games like HGSS, yes. That's also the console the most recent Pokemon games are in, in case you become interested in more. Keep in mind GBa games can't be played on the 3DS, you need a regular DS for that.
The Switch doesn't have any backwards compatibility.
>>
>>32440674
>>32440672
If I got a Lite, and a 3DS, could they connect wirelessly and trade compatible pokemon/moves between SS and FR?
>>
>>32440669
Yes, Pokemon Battle Revolution was it called. But I think that game is only compatible with DPPt and not HGSS.
>>
>>32440659
The list of consoles that can play DS games:
DS
DS Lite
DSi
3DS
New 3DS
2DS
New 2DS

This includes the XL versions etc. I suggest just going with either: A 2ds, because they're 80 dollars and not a bad piece of hardware at all, or a pre-owned 3ds xl, which you can get for about 130 bucks from a secondhand store (or maybe even just gamestop.) You could also go with a DSi XL because it fits the game better (and you aren't forced to use the analog nub) and it has no chance of making the pixels look weird. Not sure how expensive those would be, though. Probably pretty cheap. Maybe 60 bucks? But the HGSS game itself will probably set you back at least 100, maybe 150. Even more if you buy online.
>>
>>32440683
No. Trading between gen III and IV needs a GBA game in the GBA slot and that slot is not on the 3DS.
>>
>>32440683
No, what you can do instead is place FR/LG in the bottom cartridge slot and HG/SS in the top, and transfer them over to it, one-way from FR/LG to HG/SS. It's a bit different from the old way of doing it.
>>
>>32440669
There is Pokemon battle Revolution, but as far as I know from owning the game, it's only good for letting you battle with your Pokemon in 3d with nice animations and an entertaining battle narrator. It's also more focused on Diamond and Pearl than HGSS, so expect to see a lot of newer Pokemon in it you might not know about
>>
Okay, I'm a little more up to date now, thanks for clearing everything up.

Seems like I can do everything I want with a standard DS model that has an Advanced game slot.

And, as a final check.. Is there anyway to project the DS screen onto a monitor/television or some sort? I just hate staring down at the handheld, and would rather pretend it's a controller while looking at my monitor to play it.
>>
>>32440683
It's Less "trading" and more "permanently sending". If you have a DS Lite, you can have a GBA Pokemon game in the bottom and a DS Pokemon game in the top. Once you get to a certain part of HGSS you get the ability to transfer Pokemon from the GBA game to the DS one. Sadly there's no way to send them back afterwards, but you can continue to send them into future games.
You actually got a prize in the 3DS remake of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire for transferring a Pokemon all the way up from the original GBA games
>>
>>32440706
Not really. You can do it with a GBA and gamecube player, but you'd have to use some third party attachment that I'm not aware of to do it with a ds (but it is completely possible.)
>>
>>32440717
omfg they did a re-make for Ruby and Sapphire now too?
>>
>>32440734
Yes and that one is for the 3DS, the DS with no GBA slot. Many people will say you'd better skip those, though
>>
>>32440717
There are ways, but it's super convoluted and not really worth it in my opinion. It involves Hard-Modding the DS. I'd say the best way to play on a larger screen is emulation, but considering you want to play the games the way they were meant, I'd just stick to the small DS Lite.
>>
Why are you so dead set on playing an incredible low quality looking game up scaled onto your tv. That is definitely NOT the best was to play it. I can hardly stand HGSS upscale to fit the N3DS screen.

Just get the console it's made for or an emulator OP or you'll regret looking at stretched out ugly looking sprites the entire game.
>>
>>32440745
>>32440734
It's not as bad as most people say. They're mostly upset because there's no battle frontier, and it's easier. Overall it's a pretty great game.

If your thinking of getting all 3 games, I'd just get a 3ds and a GBA. The only issue would be that you couldn't trade between any of them that way. The Remakes of Ruby and Sapphire can connect and trade over Wifi. HGSS used to be able to do that but they shut down their old servers back in 2012 or so
>>
>>32440766
did you not play the glory that is the original Pokemon Stadium with a transfer pack?
>>
>>32440843
Yes but it doesn't quite work as well anymore with newer games and newer tvs quite the enchanting way you think it's going to.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.