[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you feel if Gen 8 had a New Zealand region, with amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: YAKO1hY.png (4KB, 193x273px) Image search: [Google]
YAKO1hY.png
4KB, 193x273px
How would you feel if Gen 8 had a New Zealand region, with amazing scenery, visible through a fully controllable camera, complete with an amazing story made up of skippable cutscenes that aren't even long if you don't skip them, along with a nice 100-mon roster of well-designed Pokémon used by challenging trainers and gyms throughout the game, however 9 out of 10 encounters are Mareep for the entire game?
>>
>>32438243
>Literally a line
>>
>>32438248
That's not the actual map. There aren't many New Zealand region maps to choose from.
>>
would be ok, better than us
>>
>>32438243

I live in NZ and you don't actually see sheep that often, at least I don't, but allow me.
What would the legend be surrounding the region? NZ has a lot of Maori stories but none that I can think of that would be big enough for a story other than Papatuanuku (mother earth) and Ranginui (Father sky) being seperated by their 70 children because they were trapped between them, surrounded in darkness, wanting to see light.
>>
Gyms would be in the main cities/towns, beginning town would be somewhere small like Nelson? it's in the middle of NZ so it could be a good way to travel both North and South, you'd start with the North, going to Wellington via the interislander boat - Wellington has the Beehive, also is known as the windy city, so Bug type or Flying type, good beginning Gym types having Pokemon like Nincada, Combee or Pidove, head to Palmerston North town, then onto Rotorua to the hotpools, then to Hamilton City to the second gym, not sure on the type, Normal type, Pokemon like Miltank and Tauros? Then onto Auckland, the biggest City, the city of Sails so Water type having the Pokemon Wailmer, Spheal and Pelipper, after that you would go back to Nelson then head south to Kaikora, a big tourist place, somewhere to dive maybe? Then onto Christchurch, the garden city, Grass types, so Roselia, Skiddo and Cherrim then travel inland to Greymouth, known for mining so if there was a gym, Rock types so Onix, Carbink, Lairon, then heading south inland to Queenstown to an Ice type gym, so Piloswine, Snover, Bergmite, here can be where the mountains are, then onto Dunedin, known for the university so maybe Psychic types so Meowstic, Swoobat and Gallade Then down to Invercargill to the last gym, not sure on the type so lets just say Fairy or Dragon type, something strong for the last gym...so Togekiss, Florges/ Komo'o, Altaria. The league can be on Stewart Island at the very bottom of the country.
Elite 4 would be Ground (Mudsdale, Quagsire, Flygon), Fire (Rapidash, Salazzle, Arcanine), Dark (Honchkrow, Sharpedo, Scrafty) and Fighting (Passimian, Breloom, Poliwrath). The champion would be based on Richie McCaw hahaha.

Knowing Gamefreak, they're fuck it up and I don't want them to ruin my country.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00179.png (333KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00179.png
333KB, 630x354px
>>32438243
Do France again but do it right this time. Or just stop basing them off real world locations and make a fantasy world.
>>
>>32438692
>Or just stop basing them off real world locations and make a fantasy world.
But anon that would take actual effort
>>
>>32438558
>over half the gyms are in the island with less than 1/4 the population

I mostly like this but fuck giving otago/southland 3 gyms. put the ice gym on top of the desert road and give tauranga a gym instead of invercargill.
>>
>>32438243
> amazing scenery
> nz

I know we are talking about a made up world of make believe but come on
>>
>>32438783
t. aussie
>>
>>32438783
Yeah I am pretty sure theres no place in the new york region with electrically charged magic rocks floating around,
>>
>>32438243
>no snakes
>again
shit
seriously, Hawaii doesn't have native dogs, cats, toucans or stag beetles, but no new snakes because "lol Hawaii don't got sneks maymay" (even though Hawaii DOES occasionally get sea snakes). Pisses me off. Zygarde 50% (our last new snake) being so neat softens the blow a bit.
>>
File: file.png (874KB, 544x759px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
874KB, 544x759px
>>32438792
how about a taniwha as a legendary, it's sort of snake like depending on the version (even ones with legs generally have tiny legs), and it's one f the most prominent mythical animals of NZ
>>
Australia is objectively better, in New Zealand the only cool thing they could make are fossils and a Giant Weta Pokémon. Australia has all sorts of weird as fuck things, and yara-mah-yah-who is much cooler than any maori shit.
>>
>>32438243
>skippable cutscenes that aren't even long if you don't skip them
why do you faggots treat cutscenes like they're a bad thing?
>>
>>32438770

Well the South island is a bit bigger and is more spread out when most of the towns/cities in the North are close to each other so having 4 gyms one after the other would be half the games story done, having the first big thing with the evil team between gym 3 and 4 would be good enough to extend the storyline in the North island before belting it out in the South island.
>>
I'd prefer a Punjab-based region
>>
>>32438783

I think OP means that NZ's scenery and the different environments would look good in a game.
NZ does have some of the most amazing scenery in the world, it might be your opinion but I'm pretty sure 99% of the people that come here will say it is, so your opinion would be wrong soz.

I don't think NZ would be a standout region and after what Gamefreak did to Hawaii, they can keep away from here.
>>
>>32438692
I agree, they should make Z
>>
As a Kiwi I'd be fucking keen for this.

Heck, even the Mareep doesn't sound too bad, better than fucking Wingull or Magikarp every encounter
>>
>>32438861
because every region has only had pokemon based on animals that live in its real life counterpart. honestly I wouldn't even mind a region made entirely of birds and lizards.
>>
File: 9a84b5_6201177.jpg (264KB, 1400x1277px) Image search: [Google]
9a84b5_6201177.jpg
264KB, 1400x1277px
doesn't Otago have quite a few bee farms around it? Could have a bug gym potentially there. Alternatively, ther e is a pretty nice mountainous nature preserve where you could place a Safari Zone (gf pls bring back safari zone).
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.