[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think this thing is getting banned on OU eventually?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Mega Slowile.png (2MB, 2100x1939px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Slowile.png
2MB, 2100x1939px
Do you guys think this thing is getting banned on OU eventually? Seems like Terrains killing priority seems to be a big deal for it despite the incredibly high attack, specially with the fact you can't just stop terrain by banning one pokemon.
>>
>>32436547
Why is she so cute?
>>
>>32436547
If top lel ends up getting banned (which is even more likely if fairyfucker 9000 gets banned) there might be a suspect test.
>>
>>32436547
It's hard to say because the meta will shift a lot after megagross and greninja get b&.
>>
>>32436588
Oh shit you're right, I went full retard on my post and didn't notice.
>>
>>32436588
The potential megagross ban would create a weird domino effect. I wonder if the raise of lele will cause a ban that will also cause greninja and/or mawile to raise causing a ban that, etc.

I know landorus isn't going anywhere but I wonder where it stops (assuming meta does get banned)
>>
>LOL just give huge power!

I wish this ability never existed. It's basically gamefreak just admitting they are shit at stat distribution and balance
>>
>>32436588
smogon are cancerous faggots who dont realise this and will ban megagross because they can't git gud
>>
>tfw potential bans of Mega-Metagross, Mega-Mawile, Greninja, and Tapu Lele all help Tyranitar
He's coming back around
>>
Depends on the meta, Toxapex + sucker punch nerf + lele terrain means its not as good as it used to be, plus if you use it you can't use mega metagross.
>>
>>32437199
After Megagross is b& Greninja is getting suspected. They mention it in the suspect thread.
>>
ive never had a problem with this thing, all it takes is a little brains to know when its gonna sub and when its gonna sucker punch

i killed one at full health with a choice specs ledian for crying out loud
>>
>>32437217
Shouldn't you be in bed? You have school tomorrow.
>>
>>32436547
primal groudon needs her bitch again
>>
>>32437289
>everyone who doesn't like smogon is a child
I think you will find it is the opposite that is true
>>
>>32437319
There is a difference between not liking smogon and "git gud lol".
>>
>>32437212
Huge Power fits on a thematic and physical level. It has twice the mouth as before, hence, twice the power.

Not only that, but Huge Power's Jap name (Chikaramochi) not only means "Muscleman," but contains the word "mochi." Mochi is associated as being a creation on moon rabbits, which is why Azu and Diggersby get it... but is also depicted as the signature food of the futakuchi-onna, the basis for Mawile.
>>
>>32436547
It depends. If Megagross gets the boot, this remains one of, if not the only thing that can reliably stop le tapus of balanced meta. Banning Megagross WILL cause a spike in its usage, just because it suddenly finds itself the premier pokemon for two important roles. If Smogon bans M-Mawile after that, there will be basically nothing to stop a Tapu besides your own, or a slew of specific, shaky checks and counters to only one, or at best two.
If they instead ban, say, Lele, M-Mawile would be a better ban-candidate afterwards, since having to run a counter for Bulu and Koko is less disruptive than having to run a counter for all 3.

Honestly, I think Smogon's going a little ban-crazy at the moment. I'm not sure when exactly it started, but this thing has been happening where they ban a 'mon, so something else already in use steps up as the next best thing. The increased versatility of that thing makes its usage spike, so it then gets banned. Normally I'm neither pro-smogon nor anti-smogon, but in this scenario they seem to be doing a shit job of managing things if they haven't noticed the trend thus far.

I mean, Megagross spiked because Genesect got banned for being on every fucking team for countering the tapus. The only reason Genesect got that spike was because they re-banned Aegislash who also counters the tapus (and Pheromosa, who everyone thought was overpowered in the beginning) more because status quo, let's ban Aegislash this gen too instead of actual play information. Given these details, it seems obvious to me that the problem isn't the steel types they keep banning, but the things that are causing these steel types keep being added to teams. But fuck it. I don't play showdown a bunch anyways.
>>
>>32437440
ah so the smogon solution is just to ban the steel type completely
>>
>>32437466
I think it might be a trick of user information as well. Most teams are only running one Tapu, but across teams probably something like 80% of people you fight have at least one of them. So, Mega Metagross, or Mega Mawile, or whatever that is being used on something like 60% of teams suddenly looks like the bad guy when the individual tapus only have something like 20-25% usage, but they are filling the role of 3 similar and mutually exclusive pokemon..
>>
File: tar.jpg (87KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tar.jpg
87KB, 1024x1024px
>>32437218
I've been thinking that after the Phero ban.
Hang in there Ttar !
>>
>>32437440
Smogon's logic is "just because another broken mon counters it doesn't mean it isn't broken" and that they don't want the state of the meta to solely become broken shit vs. broken shit because nothing else can keep up.
I kinda wish they would use this logic to justify a Lando suspect, but that's just my thoughts on the matter.
>>
>>32437212
i agree.

>>32437402
> It has twice the mouth as before, hence, twice the power.
that's stupid.

> but is also depicted as the signature food of the futakuchi-onna, the basis for Mawile.
ok that's pretty cool, but [citation needed]
>>
>>32437727
>All of the shit that's banned to Ubers and utterly worthless in there
I think it's time for a new tier guys. Ubers should be for the truly disgustingly overpowered shit. Either an Ubers-lite or make BL and actual tier, and filter some things down a few notches.
>>
>>32437440
>muh Tapus
Honestly /vp/ is getting a little obsessed by these four niggers. In OU Lele is the only one that is really restrictive. Bulu and Fini are covered by basic teambuilding and so is Koko, which Metagross and Mawile don't even check.
>>
>>32437440
>>32437501
Thank you for the insight, it does make a lot of sense.

Not being ironic here
>>
The best offense team right now is probably imsosorrylol's Trick Room team, and Mega Mawile is its MVP. Nothing likes switching into AoA Mawile but Mega Venusaur. I wonder if that will be enough to warrant a ban.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/shadow-boning-patlops-mom-peaked-2-twice-triple-qualified-for-reqs-won-suspect-tour.3600515/

>>32437727

>Smogon's logic is "just because another broken mon counters it doesn't mean it isn't broken" and that they don't want the state of the meta to solely become broken shit vs. broken shit because nothing else can keep up.

The problem with their logic is that the suspecting process takes forever. I'd rather have "broken checking broken" than wait a year for the meta to get unfucked.
>>
>>32438542
To be fair, the Phero suspect was only what, a month ago? Now that megagross is being suspected the only mon that people have been really begging to be tested is grenigger.
>>
>>32438542
fug, it looks extremely similar to mine. I guess for obvious reasons since stuff like Crawdaunt is blatantly obvious under TR, but still.

I don't my Mawile to be banned, I might be sliiightly upset if that happens and VGC singles is just no the same thing.
>>
>>32436547
It really depends on what gets banned and what may get introduced in the next Gen 7 games. As of now it's much more manageable than it was in XY meta so its pretty low on the suspect list atm. The mere presence of Toxapex forces it to carry Thunderpunch or it gets completely walled, and if it's carrying thunderpunch that means its foregoing swords dance or sucker punch.
>>
>>32438603
Most m-mawile drop iron head actually. Succer punch is pretty much mandatory so that it can take on offensive teams.
>>
>>32438560

>fug, it looks extremely similar to mine. I guess for obvious reasons since stuff like Crawdaunt is blatantly obvious under TR, but still.

My own Trick Room team shared 4 exact sets with that one by complete coincidence, down to Electrium Z on Magearna. The other two (Diggersby and Focus Sash Reuniclus) were subpar compared to Cress and Crawdaunt. There's too many obvious choices for a TR team.
>>
>>32437879
Ubers is an OU banlist before it's an actual tier
>>
>>32438745
Then maybe that should change and Ubers should be a bit more organized.
>>
>>32437800
>> It has twice the mouth as before, hence, twice the power.
that's stupid.
Why? It's basically biting down on you in two different areas. Getting hit by 2 bricks hurts more than getting hit by one.
>>
>>32438745
that was the case until AG was created
>>
>>32438926
It is still the case.
>>
>>32439061
It literally isn't. They outright announced when they created AG that this meant Ubers was officially a tier and not just a banlist. This is paraphrased from the actual announcement they made.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.