[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Nintendo announced that the Switch Pokemon games were launching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Pokemon Amiibo.png (2MB, 2100x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Amiibo.png
2MB, 2100x2000px
If Nintendo announced that the Switch Pokemon games were launching with an amiibo set, which Pokemon would you want to see in it?
>>
>>32431916
None, amiibos suck.
>>
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, and Mewtwo
>>
>>32431931
You jest but Nintendo made a Super Mario Amiibo series with every single Mario character in Smash.
>>
>>32431920
This. It's part of that "video game figure" cash grab shit that companies have started doing. Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions or whatever and Amiibos. Don't buy that garbage.
>>
>>32431945
>Don't buy that garbage.
Why not? I like having little toys on my desk.
>>
>>32431952
If they were normal figures (which already there are) it wouldn't be a big deal. But they're trying to shoehorn it with vidya. I think the fad is dying though.
>>
>>32431985
You get a little bonus. I don't even use them for the games. In Pokemon it'd probably just be like "You get Ditto before you can go to the area where you'd normally get Ditto"
>>
I'd have to pick from popular pokemon, because my favorites aren't often popular. So being fairly reasonable, I'd love a Scizor or Salamence amiibo.

Personally, I'd probably want Armaldo, but that'll never happen lol.
>>
>>32431985
So it would be better if you got the same exact figure but it just did nothing other than sit on your desk? That makes no sense. the added bonus is neat
>>
A noose pokemon
>>
>>32431916
Likely: Piplup maybe? Weavile would be cool too.
Not likely: Totodile
>>
>>32431985
Basically this >>32432046
Usually if a game doesn't include "amiibo" in the title, it gives some optional content or just some bonus resources for whatever game it is, or cuts down on some of the busy work. Unless you're playing AC Amiibo festival or something, they're entirely optional and don't do anything to negatively impact the game you're playing.
>>
File: Both2.jpg (132KB, 597x623px) Image search: [Google]
Both2.jpg
132KB, 597x623px
best fox is a must
>>
File: favorites by type.png (252KB, 1244x805px) Image search: [Google]
favorites by type.png
252KB, 1244x805px
>>32431916
All of the Pokémon in this image, including the ones that already have Smash Bros. amiibo.
>>
File: Types_1.png (2MB, 2151x2161px) Image search: [Google]
Types_1.png
2MB, 2151x2161px
>>32432196
Same but these ones
>>
>>32432196
Do you have a template for that?
>>
>>32431942
And Toad.

But that was also the first set. The second set had more variety to it and the Zelda line of Amiibo seems to be better about that.
>>
I can see them doing some figures for the shillmons and fan favorites, but I think they'll probably pull an animal crossing and release the majority of them as amiibo cards. Or maybe they'd make some tie-in limited edition TCG cards that double as amiibo cards or something.
>>
lets be realistic
>Gen 1 final starters and most recent gen final starters
>gamefreaks starchild pokemon ie: pikachu, zoroark, lucario, mew, arceus, snorlax, eevee
>remakes of all the pokemon amiibo in smash, similar to the mario party amiibo to the smash amiibo
>pokken tournament characters, with a rerelease with the complete roster for switch coming out conveniently around the same time
>cynthia, red, other popular trainers
>>
>>32432308
This. They could make some serious bank just releasing packs of pokemon amiibo cards, similar to the ecards. Spread the set releases over a span of 3 years or so and they're untouchable
>>
>>32432308
This is the best idea assuming Nintendo doesn't want a butthurt of epic proportions. It would be impossible to cover even 1/3 of people's favorites with a limited figure selection.
>>
Maybe they can make a Ditto Amiibo which functions in the same vein as QR teams, only offline and physical. Although the current NFC tags they use in Amiibo wouldn't be enough to fit the data for six mons, it'd be a neat idea.
>>
>not wanting all of them
whats wrong with this thread
>>
File: 136.jpg (17KB, 286x376px) Image search: [Google]
136.jpg
17KB, 286x376px
Only care about my favorite. I'm selfish.
>>
>>32432308
I'm honestly surprised the TCG don't function as Amiibos.

That's such easy money.
>>
>>32431916
I'd be okay with the ones you picked desu

Maybe add Heracross, Aggron and Heliolisk
>>
>>32431999
I don't think they'd even go that far, most amiibo bonuses are very small. Something like get the full Pokedex data the first time you scan it and then a random item daily after that would be more in line with what other games give.
>>
>>32432570
>>32432308
I think the reason they don't is the chips for the amiibo function wouldn't work with actually using it as a TCG game, because they would be heavier than regular cards, so they'd consider it possible to be used for cheating and such, since you can tell it from the other cards.
>>
>>32432328
Also Poliwhirl for no discernable reason.
>>
>>32434217
Masuda's favorite
>>
>>32434713
Not complaining though, it's one of mine too.
>>
>>32431916
Dunsparce
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.