[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that SM have been out for a good 6 months almost, where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

So now that SM have been out for a good 6 months almost, where would you, anons, take the franchise next?
Share your wishlists, don't be afraid of bullies.
>>
>>32428222
At this point, I just want to play a different RPG because Gamefreak can't make Pokemon like every other RPG out there and actually be decent.
>>
Anything but remakes.
>>
>>32428222
Have S&M sequels on the 3DS this year, with added areas alolan forms and a new necrozma form(s) than next year move to the switch with Pokemon following you feature added since game freak already has them all done
>>
>>32428222
Some evolutions for some earlier gen shitmons
>>
>>32428222
what if the colors are a hint of the next game
>Pokemon Orange and Turquoise
or
>Pokemon WhiteSun and BlackMoon
>>
>>32428222
Delete the fucking plot. I can't believe the pervasive plot of SM actually made me put the game down.
>>
>>32428222
Historical Japanese pokemon adventure, like pokemon conquest, but in a mainline game. Samurai trainers, the team rocket grunts of the game are ninjas, relic pokeballs made from stone and apricorns, herbs instead of potions, ancient variants of existing pokemon.
>>
>>32428838
I think the Sengoku era was as long ago as when Magearna was made. Also, it's hundreds of years ago, not millions.
>>
>>32428838
This sounds amazing
>>
>>32428222
i want a game like pokemon sun and moon but good and fun
>>
>>32428870
Go to any other RPG franchise.
>>
Less linear setup like RBY with a simple 8 gyms + league setup. Have an main plot like SM's that but optional and with level scaling based on gym badges so you can complete it whenever you want.
>>
>>32428896
Why?
>>
Just stop punishing trainers for using 6 pokemon.

There's fucking 800 game freak even 300 is hard to choose 6 from.

And add 6v6 battle game mode.

Seriously why does game freak not want us to use 6 pokemon? I'm sure they would make it less if they knew the fans would allow it.
>>
>>32428946
When VGC switched to doubles to make it faster. I cannot help but also think that the Japanese style of competitive was a factor, because they always only had 3 v 3 matches in order to make it faster and allow for more diversity since choosing 3 from a pool of 6 was more unpredictable.
>>
>>32428995
I understand why 3v3 and doubles are popular I love 3v3 but I think a more casual 6v6 game mode would be alright as well. Why do we have to be restricted to 2 game modes? It's ridiculous. Triple battles used to be a thing but that got removed
>>
>>32429011
They shot theirselves in the foot on that. There are only a few triple or even other 3 v 3 battle modes in all of the 5th gen. Then, after that, they put them entirely in an out of the way location. They don't even exist now.

Anyway, in game, yes, I don't understand it, but it also has no reason for existing because it's not an official format. The only place it can occur IS in random online battles. If they're not casual, then that's the fandom's fault, not the game's.
>>
File: img_0172.png (163KB, 648x432px) Image search: [Google]
img_0172.png
163KB, 648x432px
The next game I want is a fucking Pokemon Stadium revamp. Not that Battle Revolution bullshit.

>Pokemon Stadium game on Nintendo Switch
>Uses your handheld as the transfer pak like on N64, but also have access to rental Pokemon\
>can use every Pokemon you own as many times as you like, not limited by trainer cards like in Battle Revolution
>able to fight in various game modes, a gym leader castle style mode, various tournaments with different themes such as Poke Cup, Prime Cup, etc
>some game mode cups have the option to play Doubles, Triples, Rotations or Multi, with a friend or online partner
>Battle Frontier mode where you can earn BP for whatever game cart you're using the Pokemon from if you aren't using rentals, featuring returning game modes from Emerald and Platinum (probably no Battle Pyramid or Pike though)
BP can be sent to your game cart or you can buy items like Bottle Caps (gold or regular), also move tutors and evolution/battle moves
>EV training minigame
>online tournaments with up to 16 players
>Leaderboards for Multi Battle modes
>mother fucking minigames, can use Pokemon from your cart instead of the rentals
>Boss fight after you beat everything
>Boss fight is a 6-on-6 with Giovanni and he has a team of Mega Mewtwo X, Deoxys-A, Darkrai, Mega Rayquaza, Genesect and Yveltal
>after beating the boss you unlock R2 like the original games

A man can dream.
>>
>>32428222
SM2 on the New 2/3DS, then a new generation on Switch, hopefully

I am honestly sick of remakes and wish they'd stop making them
>>
When it comes to absolute pipedreams, I'd like them to rebalance all 'mons, nerfing overly centralizing ones without breaking them and buffing a weaker ones and making them relevant.
Either that, or maybe even just rework the battle formula, we had it since the beginning.
Or maybe just go ballistic with auto-weather, auto-terrain and new auto-room abilities. Although that might be a terrible idea.

Realistically, I'd probably be happy with a few new regional forms. 18 just felt real underwhelming. Bonus points if they're not Gen 1 'mons.
>>
>>32428245
I've played like 4 or 5 RPG in the 3ds and they are all better than SM.
>>
File: 1468715821151.png (322KB, 721x220px) Image search: [Google]
1468715821151.png
322KB, 721x220px
>>32428222
Give the director chair to either Morimoto or Unno again. Don't let Masuda or Ohmori touch the game in any way besides music for the former and character design for the latter.
>>
>>32429161
Any RPG is better than SM.
>>
File: Brolurk Golurk and Sexy Hexy.png (760KB, 1436x1579px) Image search: [Google]
Brolurk Golurk and Sexy Hexy.png
760KB, 1436x1579px
I have three wishlists.

Pokemon Stars (Outright third version)
>Minor changes to the storyline that could've been easily present in Sun and Moon, such as emphasis on Gladion and Type: Null ala Lilie and Nebby
>Colress working alongside the Aether foundation, and having him be the one to work on Type: Null.
>Some more backstory with already existing characters
>Mega Evolutions of Alolan Pokemon, keeping Ultra Beasts, Tapus and every Legendary except for maybe Silvally from having them.A lot of pokemon in Alola just need better stats and distributions (Vikavolt and Kommo-o in particular)
>Necrozma Psychic/Dragon form, who's gimmick is seven forms each sporting a different color of the rainbow. However, these forms do very little, and are more or less pallate swaps with types. Think more Arceus rather then Kyurem or Zygarde.
>More pokemon trainers at the Battle Tree. Pretty much all of the characters who got models in X and Y/ORAS, outside of playable characters
>Rework the Zygarde cells and give me a way to see which ones I got.
>Have there be some sort of Z episode to give Zygarde some purpose.have him fight Necrozma, Guzzlord, an Ultra Beast horde, hell pull Lysarde from the fucking dead and have him use an anti-zygarde if you need to. just give me something.
>>
>>32429233

Pokemon Sun and Moon 2
>Take a different approach then Black and White 2. Instead of it being a brand new character, have it be the player character but aged up. Have the main game be pulled directly from Sun and Moon and then after clearing a certain event, you get to the "Main plot" of the sequels. Part of the reason as to why Sun and Moon worked is because of Sun/Moon's friendship with everyone, and that would be lost if you had to go to a completely new character.
>If we DO go to Kanto, let us also go to Johto as well and have this be the first game to end your level cap at 100.
>Kanto and Johto forms of pokemon from beyond Gens 1, 2 and 7.
>Mega evolutions of pokemon from Gen 2, specifically, with a few Kanto Pokemon thrown into the mix. Also, Alola
>Have the main antagonist something other then Team Rocket Have him want to do something with the Johto legendaries, giving them an excuse for Mega/Primal forms.
>have Johto be a little more open world. I'm not talking BotW levels, justhave it be that I can walk directly from Route 32 to Goldenrod without going through Union cave. I live in the woods, those trees wouldn't stop me
>Instead of Necrozma getting two forms, Solgaleo and Lunala get new forms that use Necrozma as armor.

Diamond and Pearl remakes
>Mega Evolutions for Sinnoh pokemon
>Sinnoh forms for non-Sinnoh pokemon
>Better story. this one's probably a guarantee, considering that's one of the things ORAS got completely right.
>Platinum pokedex
>Multiple after story episodes, ala Delta Episode. One involving Darkrai and Cresselia, one involving Giratina and the distortion world, one involving Arceus, and one involving a dark typed variant Regigigas and normal Regigias.
>Zinnia appearance. Her story's not quite done form ORAS and I feel like we're going to see her in remakes rather then main games.
>No battle frontier, just use the Battle Tree, but with more characters from the game.
>>
>>32428421
They weren't for following you know
>>
>>32428875
Then he wouldn't be playing pokemon retard.
>>
>>32428222
Sun and Moon Prequel
>>
>>32429233
>>Minor changes to the storyline that could've been easily present in Sun and Moon, such as emphasis on Gladion and Type: Null ala Lilie and Nebby
>wanting anything even close to resembling Lillie in any game ever again
>>
>>32428222
A third alternative to Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. I feel that with three such options, the impact of any one of them stops being a huge issue.
Following pokemon. Yes, it's a meme, but it's a meme I want.
Better Region design with more open ends and out of the way little nooks and crannies. It's fucking 2017. A game company the size of Nintendo can program in basic reactive level progression based on the order you do things. Fuck, I can do that in RPGmaker.
More trainer detail. S&M really bugged me with how disjointedly out-of-place the player character was in the game. A dramatic scene in which life-and-death are on the line, support characters are crapping themselves, and the bad guy is on the rampage? Dead fish stare straight forwards. It made me feel like I wasn't actually part of the action, and was just the manifestation of Lillie's id, out to kill everything then go to sleep mode once there was no more fighting to do. Program in some reactions, maybe have a small personality quiz at the beginning to set which animations go to which reaction flag? I dunno.
Optimize some programming. Seriously. If a game chugs in normal gameplay, I go in to the settings and lower some perimeters. Is it that hard for Game Freak to do the same? I never got into competitive this gen because after my second or third match watching 5 minutes of gameplay stretched out to 8 because of lag, I was fucking done.
Challenge mode. One switch. Increase number of pokemon on a few trainers, improve the AI a tad, EV and IV train important pokemon, maybe skew the odds of status or crits or something. And don't hide it behind a post-game unlock for some godforsaken reason.
More substantial version exclusive lists. There are so many of the fucking things now, there is no reason to not have 50-100 version exclusives in a game. Make playthroughs actually different because of what's available.
Delta Episode-like scenerios in remakes. Way better than finding fug in a cave.
>>
>>32429255
they are. I don't know what mental gymnastics you're doing.
>>
>>32429369
>S&M really bugged me with how disjointedly out-of-place the player character was in the game. A dramatic scene in which life-and-death are on the line, support characters are crapping themselves, and the bad guy is on the rampage? Dead fish stare straight forwards
This bothered me too until I put sunglasses on my character. After that, he was just too fucking cool.

Watching the world hang in the balance and him just chill with his shades on was 10/10.
>>
>>32429369
You have good ideas anon.

>>32429921
Seriously this. I ended up getting the gold lens shades and my guy was just smiling having the time of his life no matter what was happening.
>>
>>32429369
>A third alternative to Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. I feel that with three such options, the impact of any one of them stops being a huge issue.

Mega Abilities
>>
>>32429921
I did the same thing for the same reason. The shades made everything so much better.
>>
>>32428222
Pokesona, isekai game with school life and a 100 hour main story. Each party member has assigned pokemon.
>>
>>32428576
I feel like this could happen with 5, 6, and 7 since the past 3 generations have had only one regular evolution with Sylveon. I really need a Halwucha pre evo or something
>>
we need to go back to kanto
>>
>>32429112
>Boss fight is a 6-on-6 with Giovanni and he has a team of Mega Mewtwo X, Deoxys-A, Darkrai, Mega Rayquaza, Genesect and Yveltal
Not that, that doesn't sound epic as fuck, but w/out using a cheap exploite and or your own team of broken ass mons but I don't think you could beat that team with rentals or even your own team.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.