[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why all Pokemon protagonists live with his mother and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: no father.jpg (36KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
no father.jpg
36KB, 424x283px
So why all Pokemon protagonists live with his mother and without a father?
>>
Because GF knows their target audience.
>>
It's a thing in Japan, basically the only time most kids ever see their fathers is during the weekends, because they leave for work before they wake up and come back home after they're already asleep.
>>
>what is RSE
>>
>>32425611
Norman is a shitty dad who doesn't come home often what are you talking about
>>
File: Consider the following.png (191KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.png
191KB, 718x718px
>>32425496
Originally, I'm unsure. They just decided there was no need to have both, probably. Green and Silver didn't get even a single parent, initially. But now, it's about the genetics. Since Customization became a thing, the protagonist can be of any skin and hair color, completely different from his parents'. Like Sun isn't dark skinned to match his mother. He can even be a blonde if you want him to be. A simple way to explain it is that he got his looks from his father. But if his father appears, that becomes difficult.

It's a small detail almost no one cares about, but it's there for those that do. There's no need to have both parents appear.
>>
'im still hoping a game that the father is at home and not the mother
>>
>>32425651
They could just reverse engineer a dad based on the appearance you picked. It's not hard
>>
>>32425651
The only people that care about this are autistic. GF wouldn't care.
>>
File: 1484461527959.png (324KB, 1202x892px) Image search: [Google]
1484461527959.png
324KB, 1202x892px
>>32427777
CHECKED
>>
>>32427774

Fallout 3 did it, GF has no excuses.
>>
>>32427847
To be fair, Fallout 3 is a PC game.

Even if Bethesda's programming and such is below DS level processing capabilities.

>>32425651
I think it's become largely a matter of tradition too.
>>
>>32427774
Hell, if they're going that far, they could just make the mom match up with your character.
>>
>>32428098
it would be nice. Honestly, I was kind of annoyed your mother was Kanto in Sun and Moon when she looks Alolan herself. Also makes moving to alola a huge mystery on the 'why' since it seems implied your dad is back in Kanto.
>>
>>32428124
but the mother is from alola and the dad and the MC was born in kanto.
>>
>>32427774
Why, though? Why go through the trouble of making a character who will also be changed depending on player's choice, when you can easily not do it and focus on just giving the player more options?
>>
>>32425496

From Takeshi Shudo's novelization

>Most of the males in the Pokémon World try to be a Pokemon trainer, and of course, most of them utterly fail hard. Then they just become incompetent adults. This is why both Ash’s father and grandfather left for a trip and is also why most of the workers are female.

Also some details about Ash's mom

>According to Takeshi Shudō's novelization, she runs Pallet Town's only restaurant, Pallet House, which she inherited from her mother. When she was younger, she dreamed of becoming both a model and a Pokémon Trainer, but abandoned those dreams to run the restaurant after Ash was born. Pocket Monsters: The Animation also elaborates that the reason why she raised Ash by herself is that his father married her fast and then left just as fast due to his being a Pokémon Trainer. It is also implied that the reason he and Ash's grandfather didn't return is because they achieved nothing in their goal.
>>
>>32428142
she is, I could have sworn your mother in Sun and moon mentions she's a kanto native.

>>32428198
Well... That's pretty depressing.

And it just makes Ash's failures even sadder.

>Ash and his mom want him to be just like his dad
>He really is

Seriously, did Tajiri and Sugimori know how sad and dark the pokemon world could be interpreted from the get-go?
>>
>>32428583
In a interview masuda said that. The Pokémon world of the games is darker and not so happy go luck as some people make it to be
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.