[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that Mega Evolution is a dead mechanic and that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: mega.png (37KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mega.png
37KB, 200x200px
Daily reminder that Mega Evolution is a dead mechanic and that your favorite Pokemon is never going to get one if it didn't already
>>
File: Absol (35).png (260KB, 618x663px) Image search: [Google]
Absol (35).png
260KB, 618x663px
My favourite mon was one of the first announced to have a Mega. Unless they remove the mechanic entirely, I'm all good.
>>
Daily reminder that the next game will have new megas AND new Z-moves
>>
File: blue ninetales.jpg (28KB, 360x275px) Image search: [Google]
blue ninetales.jpg
28KB, 360x275px
>>32425253
kek keep dreaming

you're going to get more jRPG recolors and you'll like it
>>
mega honchkrow when
>>
Don't care, we didn't need megas in the first place, and while having them is nice, if they keep the ones they got and never make another again, that's fine with me.

The only one whose design I liked enough to use was Mega Gardevoir anyways.
>>
>>32425250
What were they thinking when they designed Mega Absol's mechanics? Physical Attacker of a type that has the most well-rounded set of physical attacks in the game? Let's give it a half-assed mixed spread! Absol was brittle as hell so why not tack on a super defensive ability and not increase its bulk at all!
>>
>>32425245
[citation needed]

By the way, my favorite Pokemon already got Megas, because I have good taste ;)
>>
>>32425280
I personally wouldn't of minded a full on physical cannon. Split that 40 that went into special, stick 25 on attack and the rest on speed. That'd be neat.

To be fair though, I like it as it is. That extra special means that it can OHKO uninvested Garchomp and Lando using Ice Beam with 0 SpA. It also helps with a Me-First'd Aura Sphere against M-Lucario.
>>
File: 1493418268914.png (317KB, 419x485px) Image search: [Google]
1493418268914.png
317KB, 419x485px
>>32425259
>Implying Cirnotales is bad
>>
File: nowbrian2014-07-22-10h18m57s40.jpg (40KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
nowbrian2014-07-22-10h18m57s40.jpg
40KB, 848x480px
>>32425245
my fav already got a mega and it's one of the best ones, so I'm happy
>>
>>32425285
the citation is that you cant use it in the online tournies or world championship VGC shit. only Z moves
>>
>>32425334
>he doesn't know they change the ruleset every year
>he doesn't think they banned megas this year to give the meta some breathing room after 3 years of kangaskhan
>>
File: f97.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
f97.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
/thread
>>
>tfw your favorite pokemon got two megas
>tfw they're both ugly and unnecessary as hell

I do wish some megas, like Banette, Houndoom, and Mawile, could just be permanent evolutions. Great designs.
>>
I understand why they gave Megas to popular 'mons, but they dropped the ball so hard with the implementation of Megas. They should've been used to make shitmons into something viable, but instead we got mega Garchomp and mega Metagross.
There were some that did improve a shitmon like Mega Beedrill and Mega Mawile, but still just an overall missed opportunity.
>>
>>32425245
And i say: thank God!
>>
>>32425245
Megas wont be removed. Have you not noticed recently mega stones are prizes?

Only because we didnt get new ones in SM doesnt mean we wont get more in next game or generation
>>
>>32425375
#justice4megamilotic
>>
>>32425377

I agree. I'd love them as separate Pokémon. Expecially Mega Mawile.
>>
nah nigga. I'll get my Mega Arcanine and Mega Dragonite someday.
>>
>>32425661
>Mega Dragonite
>No multiscale
>Ranked lower than regular Dragonite

I can already see it.
>>
>>32425647
Do you seriously want another defensive water/fairy?
>>
I'm concerned they intend to retcon Megas out of existence. The only way to even get them now is in an out of the way place which you'll only be interested in if you're competitive, and then, they'll be fucking useless to you because Megas can't be used for competitive. Just in Bullshit Tower. Then, they outright bash the entire concept by saying a lot of them cause pokemon to become psychopaths or otherwise cause them immense pain. Gamefreak was appalled at what happened with Megas. They dominated competitive without question. One of them was even so broken they had to nerf it. Too many people loved them, though, so they couldn't get rid of it right away, so they kept them here. Their motives are clear, though. They didn't like what people did to Megas. They want to destroy them, to return "balance" to their game. (lololololololol) They want you to hate Megas. They want to get rid of them. They haven't even promoted Megas since. Their days are numbered.
>>
>>32425826
Nah dude, you aren't using your head there. Multiscale is amazing on a base for a mega - boost up and bulk a hit with multiscale then mega turn 2 when it's used up.
>>
>>32425661
>Mega Arcanine

You anon are my new best friend.
>>
Oh, and I also can't help but see that some of the ideas that went into Megas are now going into Alolan forms. Especially for the matter they all went to pokemon they didn't give Megas, but at least a couple of them had high demand for one. They couldn't quite do something impressive enough to warrant a Mega, but this allowed them more freedom design wise. Yes, I am saying that they realized that they COULDN'T make a Mega for everything that people wanted. They diminished the idea so they could work with it better.
>>
File: Boxing ring.jpg (466KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Boxing ring.jpg
466KB, 1280x720px
Good thing my two favourite Pokémon got two mega evolutions each then.
>>
>>32425245
>>32425869
Just wait.
They'll comeback... with XY remakes in like, gen 10 or something.
>>
>>32425388
Mega Garchomp is actually a well implemented Mega for a good pokemon. It isn't a flat-out upgrade, it is a tactical choice that gives the pokemon more options. If Mega Salamence or Megagross were similarly balanced, not as Salamence or Metagross +1, but as a tactical choice with drawbacks, while leaving Mega Beedrill, Mawile, the Starters and other shitmons as flat-out upgrades, I think things would have been much better received.
>>
File: Mega_Pinsir.png (147KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Pinsir.png
147KB, 475x475px
>>32425245
but mine did get a mega
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.