[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pokemon is great competitively >it's shit in-game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: marowak alola.png (595KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
marowak alola.png
595KB, 1280x1280px
>pokemon is great competitively
>it's shit in-game

Why do they do this?
>>
>>32424500
>give you mon that one-shots everything in-game
>you complain more about how easy the game is
>>
>>32424500
Its not even bad in game. Just as long as you get a Thick Club, then it fucks everythings face in. Its also got a balls ton of resists, so it basically kills the later half of the game for free.
>>
>>32424523
This. I've done fine with it both in-game and competitively.
>>
>>32424500
>get butterfree with compoundeyes
>teach it thief
>acquire thicc club

And suddenly your cubone/marowak destroys the game.
>>
Marowak made Kukui a cakewalk for me because apparently his research was so focused on moves that he has literally no idea what an ability is and kept trying to Thunderbolt it while it set up in Magnezone's face.
>>
It is only good because anti-meta
>>
>>32424592
npcs are weird because the only ability they seem to consistently acknowledge is levitate
>>
>>32424500
Main problem in-game is that it doesn't learn Shadow Bone via evolution, can only get it once you're at relearner before E4.
>>
>>32424500
Because it doesnt get its signature move until the last stretch of the game.
>>
>>32424523
>Just as long as you get a Thick Club, then it fucks everythings face in.

No it doesn't. Ingame A-Marowak is trash because it has NO MOVES. You only finally start getting good moves once you reach the move relearner, at which point the game is already over and you've carried this piece of shit around for no reason.
>>
>>32424997
ask a friend or something and trade it to a game where the player already has access to the move relearner. Problem solved.
>>
>>32424500
A. Marowak was the fucking MVP of my last playthrough. Maybe you're just shit?
>>
I wouldn't say it's great competitively, but Hydreigon is practically unusable before you beat the Champion because of how late it evolves. Zweilous is alright with an Eviolite but it will miss its attacks at the worst possible moments.

I think X&Y are the only games where you even come close to being Level 64 before the Champion without overleveling (although you can find wild Hydreigon on Victory Road anyway).
>>
File: 1488341251380.jpg (81KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
1488341251380.jpg
81KB, 961x759px
>>32425016
>friends
>>
>>32424997
Bonemarang, rock tomb, flame charge
>>
>>32424500
What you just said applies to everything without much of an offensive presence in game. Who the fuck would use a Chancey in game past gen 1? Every joey on the street would take 20 minutes to beat.

And in regards to A-Marowak, the only problem I've had with it is that it's a bit slow (though this is fixed with a single flame chanrge) and that it doesn't learn shadow bone via level up, which is stupid.
>>
>>32424997
It gets bonemerang, will-o-wisp and shadow bone by level 27, what do you consider a good move?
>>
>>32425527
It doesn't get Will-O-Wisp or Shadow Bone because it evolves at Level 28, so it's stuck with Flame Charge as its best STAB until the very end of the game when you reach the move relearner.
>>
>>32425194
I suggested that because the alternative is doing what I did: Buy both games, finnish one of them first, then catch/breed cubone in the other game, borrow a 2nd 3DS and trade between them.
>>
>>32427672
Actually, if you have PokéBank, ignore the "get a 2nd 3DS and trade" step
>>
>>32425016
what's the point then ? Thar's like saying that buterfree is a good in game mon because you can trade to your friend and give it 20 more levels and trade it back
>>
>>32427710
Dude, fuck the system.
>>
>no moves
What do you niggers have against using TMs?
>>
>>32427710
Holy shit faggot, Butterfree is a good in game mon git gud
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.