[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychic type is bar non the worst type in the game. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 8

File: Psychic_Type_Symbol.png (20KB, 156x210px) Image search: [Google]
Psychic_Type_Symbol.png
20KB, 156x210px
Psychic type is bar non the worst type in the game. I don't give a fuck what you say, you cannot prove me wrong.
Dark types, or actually just fucking Dark type moves actually are simply too effective at making psychic type irrelevant.
>"b-b-but every type has weakne-"
Shut the fuck up. Non of those weaknesses are even remotely close to how hard psychic gets shafted.

Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Knock Off, U-Turn, Shadow Sneak.
Notice anything? These are all EXTREMELY common and extremely powerful moves that you'll constantly see.

The cherry on this shit pile is that psychic types tend to be quick but frail, so with the overabundance of priority they have to deal with, they get shafted even harder.

I have genuinely seen more success with an Ice / Grass only team. Psychic only though? L m f a o just no.

How do we fix psychic types?
>>
Make Amnesia great again!
>>
>>32420169
Make it resist and be super effective against Fire, Ice, and Electric.

It's an Earthbound reference.
>>
>>32420169
>Psychic type is bar non the worst type in the game
Did you forget Ice-type?
>>
How can one type go from best to worst in only 21 years? Where did it go so wrong?
>>
Psychic is one of the best monotype teams you shitter.
>>
>>32420169
>Psychic type is bar non the worst type in the game.

Nope, that's still Poison.

It's been 20 years and Poison is still just as shit as it was in Gen 1.
>>
By making as busted as they were in Gen 1.
Let's not do that.
>>
>>32420206
a-at least it's not weak to bug anymore
>>
File: 1469750227483.png (2MB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
1469750227483.png
2MB, 1200x899px
>>32420207
>Gen 1 psychic
>>
>>32420207
Gen 1 psychic was indeed busted as fuck, but they fucked it over way too much because of that.
>>
>>32420206
Poison's one of the best defensive secondary typings in the game. Five resistances, including fighting and fairy, at the cost two weaknesses (one of which is fucking Psychic).
>>
>>32420264

That's the thing though, Poison is only good when paired with another type

On its own, Poison is by far the worst type in the game
>>
>>32420192
this only good thing about the ice type as a whole is STAB ice beam/blizzard/freeze dry/ice shard
>>
>>32420169
>its lets fix a pokemon type' episode
just get GF to remove it completly.
>varied movepool, great bst to its pokemons, its almost everything for at least natural damage...
or perhaps you yourself should just git gud.
>>
>>32420177
wouldn't that just make it calm mind?
>>
>>32420320
amnesia as it is once was would be like a simple-boosted calm mind today

which is why swoobat can be scary
>>
>>32420271
poison by itself still has five resistances and a status immunity
>>
>>32420320
It would be like 2 Calm Mind in 1 turn.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
The Psychic Type is no longer resisted by Steel.

Two birds with one stone. I believe this would create balance very nicely.
>>
>>32420476
Let's give Top Lel even less roadblocks on its way to nuking everything that isn't a Dark-type and can't outspeed and OHKO.
>>
>>32420476
How about having its theme be consistent? If Psychics can use Poison Types' poison against themselves, then what's stopping them from doing the same to the Fire, Ice, and Electric Types?
>>
>>32420503
That doesn't make any sense. Psychic is super effective against Poison because of doctors and medicine being able to cure poisons and toxins.
>>
>>32420492
So banish it to Ubers where it rightfully belongs. Fairy Type is busted as well, and should have been weak to Bug. I don't make the rules, I'm just coming up with suggestions.

Really though, Steel Types need to cool it. This is an easy way to set them back, while also allowing Psychic Types to live up to their original reputation. Sure it might be a bit much, but I don't believe it would make Psychic Type as scary as Dragon was in Generation V.

It doesn't make sense anyway. Why would Steel resist Psychic? A strong telekinetic force would make quick work of warping metal. Isn't Alakazam known for bending spoons?
>>
>>32420169
Op you have some form of a mental development problem.
>>
>>32420169
>M-Alakazam
>Hoopa-U
>Jirachi
>Latios
>M-Metagross
>M-Medicham
>Psychium-Z being Volcarona's best set at the moment
Seems to be doing fine if you ask me.
>>
>>32420584
Man, I even forgot to mention Tapu Lele
>>
File: list.png (113KB, 612x736px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
113KB, 612x736px
>>32420169
Just setting the record straight since there seem to be a lot of uninformed anons in this thread
>>
>>32420612
>bug is flawed
>grass isn't
Bugfags have such a victim complex, when will you realize there's so many good bug types already? you have a bunch of good resistances and only 3 weaknesses of which only 1 matters (rocks). Sneaky pebble weakness doesn't make you worse than the weakest offensive and defensive type in the game, or as bad as the most retarded type in the game.
>>
>>32420612
In what universe is Fighting even relevant at the moment?

>but muh Megacham!!!!! REEEEEEE!!!!!!

Fighting is still shit. Pure Power is just retarded.
>>
>>32420612
I'd swap Fighting and Dark but otherwise looks pretty accurate.
>>
>>32420621
Terrakion.
>>
>>32420621
fighting type isn't about pure power, its about technique.
>>
>>32420612
Fairy nerfed fighting into the ground. Dark is better than it
>>
>>32420732
It also nerfed Dark, which made Ghost better and killed another of Fighting's niches.
>>
>>32420612
For reference
>OU
>Steel: 12
>Water: 8
>Flying: 8
>Ground: 7
>Fairy: 7
>Dark: 7
>Dragon: 6
>Poison: 6
>Bug: 6
>Psychic: 6
>Electric: 5
>Fire: 5
>Grass: 5
>Ghost: 3
>Rock: 2
>Fighting: 1
>Normal: 1
>Ice: 1

>BL
>Flying: 6
>Psychic: 3
>Normal: 3
>Water: 3
>Electric: 2
>Grass: 2
>Dragon: 2
>Ice: 2
>Dark: 1
>Fairy: 1
>Ground: 1
>Fire: 1
>>
>>32420741
>It also nerfed Dark

Dark was buffed in other ways that make up for it, like the Knock Off buff, Steel no longer resisting it, and in Gen 7, being immune to Prankster

Considering that Dark types tend to be glass cannons anyway, an extra weakness is hardly a big deal compared to all the other buffs they got
>>
File: 1489611758948.jpg (250KB, 1200x914px) Image search: [Google]
1489611758948.jpg
250KB, 1200x914px
>love space pokemon
>therefore kind of forced to love the psychic type
>in order to give psychics a chance at survival you need to use a brand new waifubait pokemon
>or waste a turn and potentially lose a mon trying to set it up with fucking beheeyem of all things

>STILL NO TRICK ROOM SUPPORT
>>
>>32420192
Everyone wants Ice coverage even if no one wants to be Ice type.

No one wants to be Psychic type and no one wants to be Psychic type.
>>
>>32420757
>Considering that Dark types tend to be glass cannons anyway, an extra weakness is hardly a big deal compared to all the other buffs they got
I don't see it.

>Protean Greninja
Technically a Dark-type. Definitely a glass canon.
Though it isn't used because it's a Dark-type. It is used because it is every type you want it to be, except for Bird and ???.

The glass canon part is correct. The Dark-type part is debatable. +1

>Greninja-A
The definition of an OU Dark-type glass canon. +1

>Mega Gyarados
Only Dark-type when it wants to be. Not a glass canon.

>Hoopa-U
Glass canon on the physical side, so like half a glass canon. Maybe a bit more because priority is primarily physical. +0.6

>Muk-A
Not a glass canon.

>Mega Sableye
Not a glass canon.

>Tyranitar
Not a glass canon.

2.6 out of 7 OU Dark-types are glass canons and one of them is the Protean frog.
>>
>>32420619
>a bunch of good resistances

You mean 3? Grass has all of Bug's resists except Fighting and more.

Grass is supposed to a cleric type. It's terrible on offense, but it has a ton of unique utility and support moves that it's also immune to. Sure it could use a buff defensively, I didn't say it was perfect.

Bug, on the other hand, is just a space filler type. It's average defensively and one of the worst types offensively. It has virtually no support moves, and all of its offensive moves are bland and underpowered. It sits in an awkward spot on the type chart, being outclassed offensively and defensively.
>>
>>32420812
Also, most of these don't even learn Knock Off.
>>
>>32420757
>in Gen 7, being immune to Prankster

Oh shit, I forgot about that. Dark is definitely high tier now.
>>
>>32420333
trips confirm poison is good
>>
>>32420826
Prankster is dead.

Thundurus got nerfed into oblivion with the TWave nerf, para nerf, Swagger nerf, ...

Mega Sableye doesn't even have first turn Prankster anymore.

The rest of the pranksters was never relevant (besides shitty gimmicks) to begin with.

Also, Tapu Lele has done more damage to Prankster bs than Dark-types ever could.
>>
>>32420844
lele suspect when?
>>
>>32420792
look at psychic type status moves.
now look at ice type status moves.
now back to psychic status moves.
>but psychic type doesn't get any boost to status moves, while ice at least immune to hail
yes, but psychic type tend to have access to more psychic type moves. it's called concept.
>>
>>32420192
Ice has good coverage, as you see that every offensive ice type has some usage or viability. The only psychic types that are good is because of a secondary typing, or bloated stats.
But anyways, everyone knows Bug type is the worst typing, and the only reason that some bugs are viable is because of either crazy moves, min-maxed stats, or a retarded ability. Literally every part bug type would be better (barring Scizor and arguably Genesect) would be better if they weren't part bug and were instead part something else.
>>
>>32420844
>m-banette is shitty gimmicks
YOU TAKE THAT BACK
(also it now get first turn prankster)
(i wish prankster affected metronome :^))
>>
>>32420899
>look at psychic type status moves.
You mean the only one thats actually not a niche pick is Hypnosis? Ice STAB is way more valuable than the gimmick factory called psychic utility moves.
>>
>>32420905
>barring Scizor and arguably Genesect
you forgo forretress

but i think bug/rock isn't bad either, despite weakness to rock, water and steel.
>>
>>32420924
>screens are a gimmick
>>
>>32420924
Nobody uses Calm Mind.
What retard would even run Trick Room in any format ever?
Rest has been pointless form the start.
Fuck Lunar Dance, Healing Wish andMirror Coat too...

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>32420933
>the best screens user is a steel/fairy type
Still says nothing about the psychic type itself.
>>
>>32420942
Literally all niche sets, and lunar dance is an exclusive move on a pokemon that fell far from grace.
Plus moves like Rest are less of a psychic type utility move (even though its labeled as psychic) and more of a plain utility move seeing as literally every pokemon in the game (with exceptions) can learn Rest. Rest may as well be ??? or Normal type.
>>
>>32420963
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>32420924
>agility
>amnesia/barrier
>fucking calm mind
>cosmic power (!)
>guard/power swap
>heal block
>magic coat
>rest(!)
>role play, skill swap
>speed swap
>trick
>trick room

all those movescan fit various startegies. just because your startegy doesn't involve agility doesn't mean its 'niche'. you are just too dumb to appreciate nor utilize psychic movepool, play dragon instead.
>>
>>32420792
>Everyone wants Ice coverage even if no one wants to be Ice type.

Unless you're already so frail anyway that the Ice STAB is nothing but a boon (see: Weavile)
>>
>>32420973
Like i said, all niche. Even calm mind is niche these days with the increase of phasing moves, and with many of those clam mind pokemon bing fairly fragile, and that a good amount of them also know Nasty Plot. None of those moves are common or standard sets on the Pokemon that can learn them, except for Clefable and Reniculius (and thats because magic guard/unaware are stupid good abilities), they're usually used to fufill specific niches for peoples team comps.
>>
>>32421002
>Like i said, all niche.
like i said, 2hard4u. play dragon. leave psychic play to smart players and wonder why comperably there are so many psychic types in ou.
>>
>>32420612
>Bug is bad meme
>>
>>32421007
>comperably there are so many psychic types in ou
I already stated why see>>32420905
. It has nothing to do with being Psychic typing, it has to do with their bloated stats, minmaxed stats or stupid movepool/abilities. Bug has the same amount of OU users as Psychic does, and the bug types sure as hell aren't OU because of their bug typing
>>
>>32421002
not even you can callagility a niche move but
>the only way to play pokemon is fast and furious, startegy is niche
you are dumb.
>>
>>32421020
It is tho. Just because theres a handful of bug typings with busted abilities, stats, and movepool doesn't make the bug typing in itself good.
>>
>>32421028
bloated stats came to them also from concept, like the movepool and abilities. its part of being a psychic pokemon. if you still prefer ice stab over stats movepool or abilities that is fine, and if you think move combos is niche that is also fine but the problem is yours not psychic's.
>>
>>32421030
>startegy is niche
nice job putting words i never typed in my statements.
>>
>>32421045
explain to me why trick room is niche than.
>>
Rename Grass to Plant
>>
File: Ferali-que-tr.png (24KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
Ferali-que-tr.png
24KB, 600x519px
>>32420612
Is there possibly a program which can find out the usage of moves and pokemons by type on Smogon, to really determine which types are currently the best? (in their meta, at least)
Stuff like;
>14% Fighting moves, top 3; Focus Blast, etc etc
>20% Dark moves, top 3; Knock off, Pursuit etc
>30% Fairy mons, top 3: Tapu Lele, etc etc
>>
>>32421062
1. Its way more useful in doubles than it is in any other format, so you're basically only using it in 1 out of 3 game modes
2. Trick Room does not negate priority, which still goes first in trick room settings.
3. it only lasts for five turns and has no items or abilities to take advatage of the field change, like how rain and sand teams do.
4. Since it is a trick room team, trick room can't present immediate results unlike other teams, which means trick room is much more subsceptable to status and hax, like how taunt will do a huge number to trick room teams
5.because of the limited amount of time one has during trick room, this means you may choose fire blast over flamethrower for example just to net that kill, which means you could be screwed over by an untimely miss.

In the end, Trick Room, yes it's viable in doubles, but it's not reliable like other doubles strategies, and its lack of reliability makes it a niche pick. When it works, it works very well, but when it doesn't you're pretty much a sitting duck.
>>
>>32421081

There are lots of Grass type Pokemon that aren't plants though

Grass is a fine name for it.
>>
>>32421103
And there are even more Grass-types that aren't grass
>>
>>32420169
Tell that to Lele.
>>
>>32421103
And there's literally none that are Grass

>>32421081
Rename Steel to Metal
>>
>>32421101
1. i will use it in singles if i want to and if it goes well with my team.
2. this is fine, its supposed to help slow pokemon pretend to be fast.
3. the fact you spend evs youd otherwise put into speed into something else is plenty good
4. it doesn't have to be a whole team. maybe even just one slow pokemon in trick room (tough 2-3 is more advised)
5. time limit exists also in stuff like rain dance, tailwind, taunt and screens. it prevents them from being op, and i hope traps will be suspected to it as well.
5.b. i recently used a banette in trick room. last turn of trick room i outsped enemy and disapeared into phantom force, turn later enemy outsped me, hit nothing and i hit it with the 2nd turn of phantom force. (i killed it next turn with shadow sneak). just saying time is only an enemy if you want it to be.

in the end if you base your whole team on one startegy its bad startegy yes, but versility is key and trick room can provide it (as long as you don't rely only on it)
btw, dangerous/fickle startegy isn't necesrily niche. luck is part of the game.

well, im off to watch planetarian and wonder why they named job, levi and ruth yob, lebi and ruts. but what can i expect unofficial translations. have fun complaing psychic isn't dragon v2 since gen1.
>>
>>32421169
I don't know why you keep stating dragons when I haven't even mentioned them once.
>>
>>32421183
because it seems you think power and speed is all that matters. there is a reason the move that focus on both of those is dragon type.
>>
>>32421007
I dont know. It couldnt possibly be because so many legendaries get psychic slapped on them.
>>
>>32422417
its the other way around, psycic pokemons from the design board get the lagenedery stat slapped unto them.
>>
>>32420698
Kek
>>
>>32422417
psychic (supernatural)just fits the lagandery concept.
>>
>>32420192
>anti-landorus type
>bad in any way

commit sudoku
>>
File: image.png (534KB, 774x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
534KB, 774x700px
>Fairy is now weak to bug&grass, and psychic resists it

Did I balance the meta?
>>
I still maintain bug is the worst offensive type.

It's just too bad knockoff got buffed ridiculously
>>
>>32420554
>Fairy should be weak to Bug.

Holy shit Bugfags are the fucking worse. I hope GF makes the type even worse in future generations just to spite you fuckers.
>>
>>32425007
They should just overwrite every single Ability of every single Bug-type with Cursed Body.
>>
>>32420612
move dragon and fighting down to balanced, move dark and flying to above average. maybe even ground too.
>>
File: types.png (354KB, 1854x775px) Image search: [Google]
types.png
354KB, 1854x775px
>>32420612
Fighting is basically fucking dead as a type. Consider this, would banning pheromosa have taken so long if it was bug/dark or bug/fairy?
>Resisted by 5 (five) types all with plenty of viable pokemon to choose from.
>One is immune, albiet rarer, but also has some viable pokemon.
>Ice and Rock coverage is worthless as so much other things do the job.
>Normal is increasingly irrelevant as there are rarely new good normal types and the old guard get power creep'd
>Wide distribution of fighting moves to non-fighting types leaves actual fighting types outclassed by things that aren't even fighting type.

Also you should split between offensive/defensive.
>>
>>32425563
>fighting type sucks guys
its good against steel. why is fire and ground any better? you can't tell me being se on bug and grass is why fire so high on your list.
>>
>>32425589
fire and ground have barely any ways to play around them short of specific things like heatran, and the things that resist or are immune to ground are all fucked by fire and rock.
>>
>>32425600
>what is water type
fire get cucked by water, rock, ground, and anything with fire absorbing abilities or thick fat
ground is useless against levitate and flying, and is resisted by bug (like fighting) and grass.
>but coverage
fighting type also can come with coverage. psychic and ghost are weak to knock off for example.
>>
>>32425618
>ground
Pairs really well with stone edge. Which they all get. So little resists that its not funny.
>fire
Pairs pretty well with just about anything at all, and can easily just power through most resists also since there's one relevant immunity and its moves are sickeningly high powered.
x4 resists are basically nonexistant and the premier walls tend not to resist it.
>inb4 toxapex
resists fighting too.
>Fighting
Resisted by a slew of things that don't share common weaknesses. You'd need knock off, something for flying, something for poison and something for fairy to even get started. That's all 4 moves gone just on coverage.
Will say fighting still has the best physical moves in the game, only balanced by the fact they're fighting type.
>>
>>32425655
>but it pairs with stone edge
yeah. rock type rocks. ground type doesn't.
>fire can use pure power to kill anything with unresisted non-stab
'pure power is just retarded'.
>needing knockoff is bad
well, if fire can rely on pure power, why can't fighting do so too? i could just get ice punch or something for coverage. you know what, no need even for knock off.
>>
bane?,
>>
and yet I still punch a wall whenever I see a Reuniclus or a Cresselia..
>>
>>32425698
ice punch really helping with those fairy types eh?

Individual fighting types might be good but the type as a whole is dogshit.
>>
>>32425781
stone edge really helps with those levitate eh?
you said with stabless pure power. fairy doesn't resist ice. same logic with the fire.

fighting type is great, and it deserves a space up there simply because of how meta defining steel is.
>>
>>32425805
Fighting is a good type but the problem is the most recent broken mons resist it
>>
Bug now resists Fairy,
Ice now resists flying/ is neutral to rock
Gengar gets levitate again
There is a freeze dry for poison types against steel, flying against steel and psychic against steel
there is a freeze dry for psychics against dark
grass gets something

should be good now
>>
>>32425563
>grass low defensively
>when it got plenty of healing moves and various spores
>>
>>32426375
and its weak to a third of all types to boot
>>
>>32426510
>using bug offensively
there aren't many bug moves around except maybe u-turn
>implying ice isn't scary
ice is one of the best offensive types in the game. there is no shame in being weak to it.
>weak to fire
steel as well. but no one says steel sucks defensively.
>weak to flying
now thats a decent weakness
>weak to poison
poison is good against what, 2 types? well, i guess that in the meta of fairies there are plenty of poison coverage to go, so i guess the second decent weakness.

>resisits electric
>resists fuckin ground
>resists way too common water
>resists grass, for what its worth
2 good reisistances and 2 worth mentioning weaknesses. but also usually comes with reliable recovery, something most walls to be really apreciate.
>>
I think we can at least all agree that Psychic is outclassed by Fairy type's existence now.
I still don't see why Fairy does SE against Fighting; both types seem to represent "the good and the just".
>>
>>32426683
psychic is good against poison. fairy isn't.
>>
People need to stop looking at types in Vaccum. I except this shit from the bug fan but now everyone seems to think they know how to balance the game. Yeah psychic isn't effective against much but every got psychic type gets either Dazzling Gleam or Focus blast. Not to mention psychic types tend tho get some of the better ability in the game Magic bounce, Magic Guard, to name a few, dumb high special stat, and stupid good move pool rivaled only by normal types.
>>
>>32420169
I noticed this playing through the game with a ghost type. Dark type moves are fucking everywhere and basically distributed like normal type moves.

>>32420214
Other way around. Bug was weak to poison and now it's not.
>>
>>32427488
> Bug was weak to poison and now it's not.
it used to be both ways SE; now bug has natural state to poison but poison now resists bug.
>>
>>32425007

Fairy needs a third weakness at this point. If Game Freak actually knew how to think ahead they would have given it 3 from the get-go.
>>
>>32426683

Fighter class in RPGs is usually weak to magic

Fighting types = Fighters
Dark types = Thieves
Psychic and Fairy types = Mages
>>
>>32420169
>Fairy is weak to psychic
>Bug is no longer not very effective against fairy
>Ice is no longer weak to rock and has a resistance to water and ground
>Grass not being weak towards flying
>>
>>32424915
Naw, there is still steel to deal with.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.