[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Top half or bottom half? Which set do you prefer? I honestly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: 1467533207026.jpg (279KB, 1201x622px) Image search: [Google]
1467533207026.jpg
279KB, 1201x622px
Top half or bottom half? Which set do you prefer?
I honestly cant choose myself
>>
>>32415924
Swap Sevii and Sinnoh, then you have trash and quality.
>>
>>32415924
What makes you think you need to chose?
>>
>>32415960
It's just a discussion thread anon

>>32415924
The way to have full quality with one change is swap Kanto and Unova
>>
>>32415924
Why the hell is it organized like that? If anything Sinnoh should be where Sevii is
>>
>>32415975
meant for >>32415956
>>
>>32415924
Sinnoh and Hoenn may be my fave regions

>Sevii and Hoenn were in the first gen Masuda directed
Well, the man likes water
>>
>>32415981
The order they are released?
>>
>>32415924
Top. I like Sinnoh and Unova, but Kalos is subpar and Alola is straight up garbage.

Sevii Islands were a better island adventure than that shithole region.
>>
Bottom half.
>>
>>32415924
Easily top.

Kanto+Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are top tier regions. Sevii sucks, but it's a mere extra.

I'm neutral to Kalos and Alola, but Unova is terrible.
>>
>>32416014
This, if I were to go with the top half, it would be purely based on not liking Kalos and Alola,
>>
H
>>
File: 1493334810235.jpg (291KB, 1201x622px) Image search: [Google]
1493334810235.jpg
291KB, 1201x622px
Sevii is doesn't belong in region comparisons
>>
>>32416090
>two hoenns
Just stick to the most up to date versions

Plus, either way Sevii is still the best tropical island region
>>
>>32416093
The artystyle of 3rd gen Hoenn adn 6th gen Hoenn are so incredibly distant from each other, that neither can accurately represent the other.

This also separates the image based on two distinct art styles, rather than an arbitrary division of regions
>>
>>32415924
Well, the top contains Johto, but the bottom contains Sinnoh. So both sides have one garbage region.

However the best region, Hoenn, is in the top, so I have to give it to that side.
>>
>>32416118
They dont have to represent the other, just themselves. And it's pointless to not use the most recent incarnation of the regions
>>
>>32415924
I'd say bottom.
Kanto and Johto are the most bland and lifeless regions to date next to Alola
>>
>>32415924
I love Unova to death but if I need to take the trash that is Sinnoh, Kalos and Alola along if I want it then no thanks. Top half. My only complaint about it is that the Hoenn isn't RSE Hoenn.
>>
>>32416164
Kalos is more bland than Johto
>>
Kalos, Alola, Kanto and Johto are bland regions, at least GSC and HGSS have two of them.

Unova is garbage.
>>
>>32416178
Nah, Kalos has far more vibrant locations while Johto is just Kanto 1.5.
>>
File: 1481409695610.png (190KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1481409695610.png
190KB, 500x516px
>>32415924
How is this even a question? The bottom side is MUCH better than the top. Unova and Kalos have the best town designs in the series, all having fun and unique themes and things going on. You go from a calm and even somewhat rustic town, fitting for a museum, then move to a forest and huge as fucking bridge, get to a huge town that is just fun as fuck, move on to a desert, and get to a town that is a full of stadiums and even a fucking theme park. That's Unova. Kalos then goes on to follow its footsteps, but in 3D. Sinnoh also tries it, but its towns aren't as good as Kalos or Unova. Alola abandons the trend of being over the top and lowers the number, it fleshes out almost all of its areas with great detail and makes the most real region yet.

The top side can't even compete. Bottom wins, easily. Like always.
>>
Kalos > Hoenn > Unova > Sinnoh > Kanto > Johto > Alola
>>
>>32416301
So you're a bottom.
>>
>>32416282
>the most real region yet
This is one of the reasons that it sucks so much though.
>>
Kanto+Johto > Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kanto > Kalos > Johto > Alola > Unova
>>
Unova > Kalos > Alola > Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kanto > Johto

>>32416311
For you, anon. Some of us can appreciate more than one style of region.
>>
>>32416323
Pretty good taste actually
>>
I pick the left half. Fite me irl
>>
>>32415924
Hoenn is the best region in the series and everything on the bottom is garbage in one way or another (or in every feasible way, in the case of Kalos). Top, no contest.
>>
Top, though Sinnoh is my favourite region.

Kanto and Johto really capture the feel of humans trying to co-exist with nature

Hoenn feels like the same but expanded, with the population trying to branch out across the sea to connect with them

Sevii really captures the idea of traversing small islands on the open sea and feels more open than Hoenn, it let you visit smaller islands but kept the more populated parts of Kanto and was mostly optional so it was a nice addition

Sinnoh for me is the attempt to build on the idea of humans co-existing, but on a much larger scale, where they try to overcome a huge mountain dividing the region, they tried to recreate the Sevii feel through some Surf sections on maps, the journey to pal park, and with the Fight Area, it still felt connected overall though and didn't have the mystique of Sevii

Unova feels very closed in, like a comparatively smaller land when looking at the maps, it feels more like a small settlement that just has its of everything

Kalos feels very much based off a country, obviously France in this case but at least to me it feels very tourist-like compared to past regions

Alola feels like an extreme of the Sevii and Hoenn, with smaller islands you travel too, it has a strong feel of being more unbound with a much less urban feel (which makes Team Skull a nice contrast) but this is based off the idea of the map, sadly you get teleported around more in game than what I was thinking of (something like Rune Factory:Oceans), but unlike Hoenn and Sevii it lacks the sense of population in areas that strikes a balance, so it feels like it's more likely to divide fans

Still, I'd choose top, Sinnoh is my favourite but I'd go with the majority because I can at least dream of Sinnoh alongside regions I'm already happy with.
>>
>>32416282
Like you said, Kalos is a shitty theme park of disconnected locations and Alola is a bland as fuck empty region with nothing very interesting. Alola doesnt have great detail at all, even with the smaller locations. Both regions are shit and bring down the bottom hard
>>
>>32416774
Good analysis. Unova is big but feels small
>>
>>32417851
It's comfy
>>
>>32415924
I'd say the right half
>>
>>32417929
I prefer the left half
>>
I choose Orre.
>>
>>32415924
Bottom. I might be stuck with Kalos but its all worth it for Unova.
>>32418231
Good taste.
>>
>>32415924
I'll go for my own row: Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and either Johto or Alola. Kanto and Kalos are trash and Sevii is too tiny.
>>
>>32416774

Thank you anon for giving a well thought response in the sea of genwar baits.
>>
>>32415924
Bottom but switch Unova with Hoenn and Alola with Sevii
>>
File: 1385240304899.png (22KB, 606x668px) Image search: [Google]
1385240304899.png
22KB, 606x668px
>>32415924
>Top has my favorite region (Johto)
>Bottom has my two least favorite regions (Sinnoh and Unova)
Oh gee, which one should I pick?
>>
>>32416090
better
Anyway, top-half.
>>
>>32416142
Hoennshitter easily detected.
Try harder next time underage, or it is too easy to tell.
>>
>>32416034
>kanto
>top tier region
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.