[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Nintendo just released their sales figures for the financial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 3ds.jpg (305KB, 1070x744px) Image search: [Google]
3ds.jpg
305KB, 1070x744px
So Nintendo just released their sales figures for the financial year going from the 31 March 2016 to the 31 March 2017.
Nintendo has sold
>7 million more 3DS, bringing the lifetime total to 66 million
>55 million games for the 3DS were sold, (thanks in large part to Sun and Moon which sold 15,44 million copies)
For the year going from 31 March 2017 to 31 March 2018 Nintendo projects to sell
>6 more million 3DS
>40 more million games

Now these are high figures for a console so late in its life cycle, and given the current state of Nintendo's own 3DS release the only way they're going to sell 40 million more games and 6 million more consoles if there is
>a price cut
>a new mainline pokémon game

We can pretty much safely state that there is going to be a 3DS mainline pokemon game this fall, if they want to sell those figures.
My money are on DP remakes for 3DS.
>>
>40 more million games
>40 more million
uh

I'm not too fussed about what comes out next - I'll take whatever I get, not gonna lie - but I hope I don't find them as disappointing as the past two gen's games.
>>
>>32413053
I think OP means Nintendo goes for a total of 95 million games sold at the end of March 2018.
>>
File: CGoQcYTW0AAMZnA.jpg (46KB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
CGoQcYTW0AAMZnA.jpg
46KB, 600x611px
>>32413040
It will most likely be D/P remake but i still pray for a gen 1 re-imagining in current gen tech.
>>
>>32413040
I think it's too early for a DP remake given that you can still play those on your 3DS and that we had a RS remake less than 2 years ago

And I sure as fuck hope that the 20th anniversary gen 1 dick riding is already long over >>32413140. Fuck Kanto.
>>
How are they trying to sell that many more 3DSes when they've effectively stopped producing them
>>
Who the fuck is gonna by a 3ds for a new Pokemon game. Everybody who wants to play Pokemon has a 3ds already it's been 6 years
>>
They are anticipating a big spike for the new dragon quest 11 game, Im pretty sure we wont see anything until they make the move to the switch.
>>
>>32413175
No fuck you underage
>>
>>32413040
I bought the op pic
The best spent money in vidya since 2 years
>>
>>32413175
That's just patternwork though. And the same patternwork points towards DP remakes (Munchlax event, ultra dimension and distortion world, type:null and arceus, few sinnoh mon in Alola dex, Piplup and Lucario in M20).
What we DO know without patternwork is that:
>Nintendo is still supporting the 3DS but mostly with spinoff/remakes/multiplat/eShop games, nothing important since main development is on the Switch
>DP remakes would be a cheap investment with HIGH return since Pokémon games always sell really really good and they've already got the engine and the story
>>32413195
>source: my ass
>>32413272
DQ is big, but not as big as Pokémon, especially since it comes out on PS4 and Switch too, and it won't came out in the west (were is a niche game anyway) before 2018. There's only one thing that can sell that many copies, and it's pokémon.
>>
>>32413040
>Blue 2DS
>Pokemon Sun
>>
So many people in this thread (or should I say on this board) who don't know fucking shit about marketing or how big video game companies work. 3ds is one of the best selling consoles of all time, to think they would kill it to support a console that isn't even projected doing anywhere near as good is retarded.
>>
Makes sense. I hated x/y, oras and S/M, but ill buy the new ones anyway cause im a faggot who buys anything thaatt has the pokemon name on it
>>
>>32413429
I know /vp/ hates people who notice patterns but it's just a fact that they're there. We're probably getting D/P remakes.

I just hope they don't pull an excuse out of their ass to leave out Customization again like with OR/AS. It felt so weird going from X/Y to that just because of that, IMO. I do like the default Sinnoh trainers, but just a bit of customization would be great.
>>
>>32413714
All remakes so far were two consoles later. What would be DP remakes on?

GB-GBC-GBA-DS-3DS-???
>>
>>32413788
this is a pretty dumb question.
>>
>>32413532
But the 3DS is already kill. Nintendo has no major game coming out for it and focus is fully on the Switch. The 3DS is hanging around because it has a lower price, it's old so they've figured out ways to make them for cheap and has a huge library to cash on, but it's still an old aging machine and thinking it will survive 2017 is just wishful thinking, especially at Nintendo which as the habit of cutting production of old consoles really soon. There are plenty people already saying that they've already done so and they're just selling through their inventories, which given the sales projected for 2017 it's pretty plausible.
A last push for it consisting in a pokémon (their current best selling IP) remake (so they can recycle bot story and assesta from SM) makes sense because on a business standpoint it's a minimal investment with high returns, since there are 66 millions 3DS in the wild and piracy is nowhere as common as towards the end of the GB/GBA/DS lifecycle.
Plus the Switch is, and will be, a pretty good success. They've already sold through the first batch, the console is pretty hard to find in both NA and JAP, and with Splatoon and Mario hitting this year (and eventually Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Yo-kai Watch and Pokémon, yes, pokémon) there is no way in hell that it's going to fail. Hell, the switch was born exactly with this in mind, just a console instead of two in order to have all Nintendo's franchises on it to guarantee its success. And it's working and it will keep working.
>>
Nintendo won't make a gen 4 remake so soon after a gen 3 remake. Especially since you can still play the original gen 4 games in the 3ds. Don't be dumb.
>>
>>32414020
Well, we're definitely getting something this year.
Unfortunately, it'll probably be Kanto sequels.
>>
>>32413788
>>32413788

Switch anon, haven't you seen all the articles
>>
>>32414007
>what is Ever Oasis
>what is Hey Pikmin
>what is Kirby's Blowout Blast
>what is Miitopia
>what is Motherfucking Fire Emblem Echoes
>what are the Kirby and Boxboy games that were just released a week ago
Oh and I haven't even started on third parties
>what is MH Stories and Yokai Watch 2 1/2 localizations
>what is The Snack World
>what is Lady Layton
>what is Culdcept Revolt localization
>what is RPG Maker Fes localization
>what is Cooking Mama
>what are indie games such as 80s Overdrive, Shakedown Hawaii, Treasurenauts and The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup
The "MUH 3DS IS DEAD" meme is what needs to die this year. Come back in 2018.
>>
>>32414055
make it stop im tired of gen 1 pandering
>>
>>32413040
>55 million games for the 3DS were sold, (thanks in large part to Sun and Moon which sold 15,44 million copies)
For the year going from 31 March 2017 to 31 March 2018 Nintendo projects to sell

>40 more million games

That makes sense tho. If you took away Pokemon from last year, the 40m is pretty much the ballpark of what they'd move in software. They also have slashed that number throughout the year lately since they've done so poorly until Switch outdid their expectations.
>>
>>32414094
>new small IP
>spinoff of a small IP
>eShop games
>last year small title waiting for localization
>remake using Zelda engine

Sure anon, they've got loads of big games. SURE
And third parties do not count, I've said that Nintendo has moved on, and by the next couple of year they will too. We're definitely in the last phase of the 3DS, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>32414182
>if it's not Mario and Zelda it's garbage: the post
>>
>>32414766
I didn't say it's garbage. I'll definitely buy some of the game in your list, my point is that none of them is an heavy hitter and they're all on the cheap side.. A platform spinoff (developed externally), a small new IP, remakes with older engines.. none of this especially buzzworthy or expensive, hell they're barely advertising any of them, while Switch commercials are regularly on broadcast tv across Japan, Europe and the US.
Don't get me wrong, I love the 3DS because it showed everyone that even with stiff competition (mobile has cannibalized the casual sector which is Nintendo main one), silly and unused gimmicks and disasterous lunches a console can become a success if it has a strong enough library, but it's an old machine that Nintendo is keeping a little while around while the Switch takes steam, and honey that's the t
>>
File: NPD.jpg (27KB, 575x338px) Image search: [Google]
NPD.jpg
27KB, 575x338px
>>32413272

Nobody buys Dragon Quest in the West. The NPD numbers for Dragon Quest VII in the U.S. in September and October 2016 were fucking ugly.
>>
Related to >>32414094 but according to an interview here: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/fire-emblem-echoes-dengeki-developer-interview-april-2017/

The plan was to bring Echoes out last year, but it was delayed due to them wanting to add more stuff to it. Taking that off, you have a few f2p games, games Nintendo isn't even focused on (Pikmin), and 3rd party games that don't really strain Nintendo to let them produce.

The Big N's moving on, but they're not going to say no to money, right?
>>
>>32413040
>>32413140
>>32413175
SInce we know a new pokemon game on 3DS is likely, Kanto Sequels are now the most likely game.

ALola is the smallest region we've ever had and it struggled on the 3DS. Sinnoh is the biggest.

It is not going to happen.

>>32414007
>>32414094
>>32414182
>>32415275
These are the projected games, BEFORE E3, which is stated to also be coming with a lot of games.

The console is in it's waning years, but it's ludicrus to think it's even close to dead right now, especially with the projections in OP. They plan to sell only 1 million less than they did last year
>>
>>32415305
He didn't say anything about the West. Nobody is buying much 3DS in the West to begin with anymore.

Like half the sales are usually from Japan lately with articles about Nintendo not really having 3DS' in stores for some reason, so yes, DQXI is definitely something they're looking at to give them a boost this year even if it doesn't come here. It sells a ton just in Japan anyways.
>>
>>32413263
>Who the fuck is gonna by a 3ds for a new Pokemon game
Kids (their parents, rather)
>>
>>32413450
A sun on the blue sky
>>
>>32414007
>>32416795
lel
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.