[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see that pokken is still alive and want to get good >go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1471054061335.png (1MB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1471054061335.png
1MB, 1200x630px
>see that pokken is still alive and want to get good
>go online and everyone is A/S rank with thousands of matches played
>get completely wrecked every match
How does a new player get good at this?
>>
>>32407858
You're basically just going to have to play the single player to get your bearings. If all you're running into online are A/S rank, you're not going to get anywhere by trying them.
>>
>>32407858
because the only people who still play pokken are addicted autists
>>
>>32407858
Go through both tutorials, then go through the single player.
Make sure to master the triangle of Grassy Green Grabs beat Water Blue Guards/Counters
which beat Fire Red Attacks which beat Grassy Green Grabs.
By the time you finish the single player you'll have an idea of what every attack in the game does. From there, the game is about exploiting any habits your opponent shows and preventing them from doing the same to you. The triangle simplifies this a lot.
>>
>>32408440
So it's a RPS guessing game? What beats super armor counter piercing normal attacks with no punishment window or grab immune counter piercing counters?
>>
>>32409310
Timing.
>>
>>32407858
>still alive
>>
>>32410767
It actually is surprisingly enough. Just tried it now myself.

Theres even FGC tourneys that have it featured still.
>>
That's bullshit OP, i'm B3 and I run across D and C ranked players plenty on ranked, and on friendlies like every 2 matches I come across E ranked players.

>>32409310
It's traditional fighting game and uses those fundamentals. Being able to predict what your opponent is going to use is certainly an element of it but with the exception of particularly lopsided matchups like machamp vs chandelure, it's not a guessing game.

Who do you main?

>What beats super armor counter piercing normal attacks with no punishment window or grab immune counter piercing counters?

You mean stuff like Chandy's overheat, or shadow mewtwo's vortex? In those cases, yes, it is a matter of prediction, but these moves being as powerful as they are are balanced out: Overheat gives chandy a massive debuff that makes her damage output go down and damage intake, and Chandy has generally shitty frame data, so you can take advantage of this in most matchups. Shadow mewtwo, likewise, has the lowest amount of health in the game, and IIRC most characters can punish vortex on block.

Once you learn what the startup of these moves look like and when enemies are likely to use them I really don't think that they are that hard to deal with.
>>
>>32410781
>Theres even FGC tourneys that have it featured still.

A lot, actually: final round, NCR, CEO, frosty faustings, dreamhack austin, atlanta, and denver, thefallclassic, winter brawl, NEC; Summerjam, and Defendthenorth

People only think Pokken is dead because it has no social media or fourm presence, because everybody uses one giant discord channel instead
>>
>>32411470
>IIRC most characters can punish vortex on block.
Vortex is -8 on block. There's no move in the game that's 8 frames or faster. But this move does cost SM2 like 70 health so he's taking more damage than you if he wiffs or you block.
>>
>>32411535
Really? I seem to recall that it's possible to catch him as he falls.

Maybe i'm thinking of some other midair move he does then, I know I def punish some sort of move he does in midair and catch him with weavile's jab to punish right before he reaches the ground.
>>
>>32411544
You're probably think of psystrike or his burst attack.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.