[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When imagining yourself as a trainer, do you make a self-insert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: xy scientist.png (37KB, 136x208px) Image search: [Google]
xy scientist.png
37KB, 136x208px
When imagining yourself as a trainer, do you make a self-insert original character that carries your major traits and personality, or simply as yourself with your favourite Pokemon?
>>
>>32407649

Obviously the former.

How else will I be the little girl?
>>
>>32407649
The former. It's much more interesting to read about deep, well thought-out characters based on the author's deepest, truest (maybe darkest) personality traits than some fucking profile description of your interests and favs.
>>
>>32407649
Me, but middle school aged at my high school build.
>>
>>32408038
essentially this. And it's just more fun to create different characters and backstories/relationships than just making yourself in each region over and over.
>>
>>32407649
Just myself and my favorite pokemon.
>>
>>32407649
I don't imagine myself in the world at all
>>
Myself with my favs pokemonz. I created myself as anime on that Doll maker site on anime style. Its pretty Fun.
>>
File: rez.png (423KB, 1200x1450px) Image search: [Google]
rez.png
423KB, 1200x1450px
>>32407649
Self insert OC is the way to go. I originally just based this on my dorky teenage self, but then I started coming up with a backstory to work them into the Pokemon world and wound up creating a themed team that even though I really like I wouldn't consider my favorites. It's still kind of me, but not really, and not just because they're half my age and live in the Pokemon world.
>>
>>32407649
Kind of both? Myself with features of existing trainer classes.
>>
More the OC-with-my-major-traits, though I try to insert my personal favorite Pokemon onto their team I usually come up with neat little character arcs for Pokemon I wouldn't normally use, leading me to want to incorporate them on the OC's team.
>>
dunno just me as a vartoon
>>
>>32407649
Myself, but as a profesion shown in the game
>>
>>32407649
I don't self insert but I do make up characters.
>>
File: TRainer Lordy wants to fight.png (2MB, 984x744px) Image search: [Google]
TRainer Lordy wants to fight.png
2MB, 984x744px
>>32410911
Pic related
>>
>>32407649
Usually the former. If I try the latter, I usually am making a gag character to highlight some absurdity about pokemon.

When I make an OC that isn't either a donut or a singular concept (like "Pirate guy" or "Witch girl" I tend to greatly exaggerate one or more of my characteristics, or add in a new one to run with and pretendy up some speculative fiction about how that person would make their way through the world.
>>
>>32407649
Former. I want to be a cute girl nurse with a Mimikyu and a Blissey.
>>
The first one of course
>>
>>32410925
same thing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.