[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to Pokemon, but I've been reading as much as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Popplio.png (44KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Popplio.png
44KB, 250x250px
I'm new to Pokemon, but I've been reading as much as I can about it ever since I got Sun. I got a female, calm Popplio as a starter. Is this acceptable, or should I reset until I get a female, modest?
>>
>>32402445
If you're only going use it for the story it's fine.
If you plan on using it for battling online you'd need to breed/inject a new one anyway.
>>
Yes...yes it is.
>>
>>32402462
Can you explain the second bit? I know what breeding is, but why would I need to eventually? Because she's not modest?
>>
>>32402492
Because the starter you get in the beginning of the game most likely has shitty IVs.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values
>>
>>32402492
Basically for going through the story, your Popplio is completely fine.
Once you get to the post game and things get a bit more serious, you might want to breed a new one and go for a Modest nature since it's generally better. I say in the post-game since through certain tricks you will have ways to manipulate easily which nature the Pokémon you are breeding will have (and even the gender through a thing called "swap breeding"). At that point you will have to take into account also IVs and EVs, but I suggest thinking about them later. This is outdated but should give you an idea of what they are: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/misc/evs_ivs
>>
Thanks guys. Any other, more all around guide or something for me to read? I hadn't even seen these IV things before.
>>
>>32402445
>Is this acceptable
No. You should have gotten Litten because it evolves into the best starter.
>>
>>32402656
We know it evolves into torracat
>>
>>32402648
This seems like a decent guide and is up-to-date: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/74684175
But again, I REALLY suggest you go through the game's single player before getting into this stuff. It's much easier to understand all of this once you have a grasp on the main mechanics first.
>>
>>32402677
And then the best starter, Incineroar.
>>
>>32402656
>>32402677
>>32402732
Doggo is man's best friend.
Cats can go suck it.
>>
>>32402656

please leave this in /swg
>>
why does the gender matter? do you want to fuck your popplio?
>>
>>32403123
I dunno, just everywhere I look people seem to think female is better or more valuable.
>>
>>32403123
I have been resetting for my favorite gender since I started playing for literally every Pokémon.
It gives the Pokémon more character and makes them more memorable as companions if they have the gender that I see as more fitting/appropriate for the personalities I associate them with.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.