[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this thing became popular on OU (aka no Power Construct)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: rayquaza retarded cousin.png (224KB, 580x640px) Image search: [Google]
rayquaza retarded cousin.png
224KB, 580x640px
Why did this thing became popular on OU (aka no Power Construct) on S/M, is it really just Thousand Arrows? I feel like I'm missing something.
>>
>>32400225
I think you underestimate just how good Thousand Arrows is. It's only stopped by grass-types (which are uncommon in OU) and Zygarde has the right tools to be a very good tank. It's surprisingly formidable.
>>
typing
espeed
coil
ddance
thousand arrows
raw stats

it's just really fucking good all around
>>
>>32400238
I guess that's the only explanation, I know how good stuff like Dragon Dance and Coil are (I tried back on gen 6, but kinda stopped playing pokey for awhile after). Guess I'm understimating how good a better EQ that hits fucking everything is.

That does sound retarded when I put it like that, nevermind me.
>>
>>32400263
not only does it hit everything, it also causes smackdown so shit like skarm and zapdos get hit for se damage turn 2
>>
>>32400270
Is that one of the reasons I heard Stall was a lot weaker on S/M? I guess putting Sub on this does sound like a game ender against it, unless people are still running Weavile and they predict the switch into this thing anyway
>>
>>32400293
stall is better than ever thanks to toxapex and dugtrio

subcoil zygarde is really hard for stall to deal with though
>>
turns out ground is the best offensive type in existence as soon as you take away its most crippling weakness.
>>
>>32400312
Oh ok, thanks for explaining that. I thought it was really weakened because something-something Sableye is bad...ish now thanks to the Mega changes. I'll keep watching games until I can figure out this better.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>32400225
Zygarde was always just short of being viable, especially with Chomp around. Thousand Arrows in combination with what it has was enough of a push to propel the inbred snake into greatness.
>>
Thousand Arrows is literally one of the best moves in the entire game.
>>
>>32400293
>>32400354
Stall uses either Tangrowth or Unaware Clefable to account for it. Clef doesn't get 2HKO'd from Banded Thousand Arrows.
>>
>>32400225
>Notable legendary Pokemon
>Only OU

Whatever happened to the days where the 3rd Pokemon in the box-art trio was not only strong, but stronger than the other two? Nowadays, we get some weak-ass Pokemon like Kyurem, Zygarde and Necrozma who are supposedly strong but in actuality are pretty fucking weak. They eventually get a good second form but by the time it exists, who gives a shit?
>>
>>32400658
I sometimes forget that the whole "strong second form" thing starts with Giratina, but that's because Giratina wasn't shit in his standard form.
>>
>>32400658
>Whatever happened to the days where the 3rd Pokemon in the box-art trio was not only strong, but stronger than the other two?

Fug has always been weaker than Kyogre and Groudon until it got a Mega. The +10 BST didn't mean shit while the other two had better abilities, typing, and movepools.
>>
>>32400658
zygarde 100% is ubers though
>>
File: Zygarde Shuffle.png (130KB, 596x443px) Image search: [Google]
Zygarde Shuffle.png
130KB, 596x443px
>>32400225
>underestimating the Z

YOU FOOL
>>
>>32400225
Thousand Arrows is amazing. It makes it so that it only has Grass and Bug as resistances. Now it can hit Skarmory, Celesteela, Ballon Magnezone, and Gengar that would normally wall/check it Ground+Espeed combo.
>>
>>32401190

it hits gengar anyways since gengar lost levitate in gen 7.
>>
>>32401233
FUCK YOU
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.