[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't want this to sound ironic or anything, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

File: 1478527501960.png (979KB, 1224x789px) Image search: [Google]
1478527501960.png
979KB, 1224x789px
I don't want this to sound ironic or anything, it's a legit question: who's actually still playing this actively?

I got bored with the game as soon as I was able to bring my bros from ORAS to Alola and... noticed there still was nothing to do with the game once the UB quest is done.
>>
Haven't touched SM since December. Tried to finish a BB nuzlocke but I'm too lazy for grinding. I have a SG nuzlocke that I haven't touched in 2 years as well.
Yet I still shitpost on this board everyday
>>
>>32387857
After 200 hours of online SM i stopped playing for a couple of months, I just began a new Black 2 run and shit's good.
>>
I got both games on release day but still have Pokemon Moon sealed, I find this generation too boring to start another run on.
>>
I beat it in about a week, then caught all the UBs and the Tapus, and then dropped the game for a few months. Just a couple weeks ago, I've picked it back up, finished my dex, and now I'm trying to beat the Battle Tree and finish my stamp collection. Once I'm done, I think I'm done with this set of games. There's just nothing to do.

I might restart Platinum and try to beat the Frontier again.
>>
>>32387896
Why would you buy both versions of the same game even
>>
>>32387898
Same here but with SoulSilver.

Johto fag 4lief
>>
>>32387857
I've been playing it off and on since launch to beat it. Just now getting around to it.

It's...kinda boring and I hate the story.
>>
>>32387901
Version exclusives and to do Nuzlocke runs on.
>>
Got the game on release, enjoyed it tor the most part, completed my dex within a week

Haven't touched it since other than to get Magearna and transfer some bros over from HG
>>
>>32387910
You literally have a whole online way to get exclusives.
You just bought both to be a fag.
>>
>>32387883
This. I played through it once and then tried to play through it again and got bored. SM are just not that interesting. All there is to the game is the plot.
>>
I play it everyday out of habit
>>
>>32387916
Not everyone is so poor not to afford 80$ once every 3 years for games you love since your childhood

Also you know people like to collect right? Or are you too morally superior to waste money on something that isn't food and sleep?
>>
>>32387898
This this and this a billion times.

Doing this with the Original Black
>>
>>32387955
>being this elitist

Holy shit and you aren't kidding
>>
I never played Gen 4 or 5 and never emerald either. What was so great about these games post games that beats out the battle tree/battle Royale/online post game provided in sun and moon?

It's been to my knowledge that what there is to do in pokemon past the main game and a shitty set of post side quests that there was a battle tower/tree/facility and online.
>>
>>32387955
Too bad that's $40 game you just admitted you're never going to play
>>
File: 1485467008084.png (106KB, 538x298px) Image search: [Google]
1485467008084.png
106KB, 538x298px
>>32387857
If you're playing a Pokemon game 5 months after the release, you have problems. These games are not meant to be played forever. To answer the question, I mostly don't.

I used to never play any Pokemon game for even a month after completing the main game. Unlike most, I found it boring. There was no clear goal, so it wasn't worth playing. I tried playing Battle Frontier, but it had nothing. Getting the Symbols didn't progress or change anything. It was just the same. It meant nothing. I found that lack of progress boring. The gameplay in Pokemon has never been fun enough to continue doing just battles.

That, however, changed with Generation 6, surprisingly enough. It wasn't the facilities. It was the ridicolous number of Pokemon XY, and DexNav in ORAS. I finally completed the PokeDex. It took a while, and it was fun as fuck. I wanted to try some of them, and I hated the Maison, so I tried playing Competitively. I liked it. Once you get up on the ladder, the battles actually become fun, because you can lose. Unlike with the battle facilities. There was some challenge and I enjoyed it.

In SM, I worked on completing the Dex again. It was just as fun. The SOS battles made it last a while, even though I only had about 100 Pokemon to catch. SM made Breeding, getting good IVs and EV training easier, so I tried out the competitive scene. Once I got the taste of it, I got bored and stopped. I sunk in a few dozens of hours in Tree, as I find it to be actually challenging and more visually appealing to just look at than any facility before, so watching the same thing for hours wasn't as boring. I completed the side quests. They were fun. And stopped. In February.

Now I only open it if I'm the mood of a quick battle, battling with a friend, or if there's a new Mega Stone to collect. Other than, I don't.
>>
>laddering on Battle Spot
>slowly working towards a perfect breeding dex
>wonder trading some good breeding stuff on the way
Of course you're going to get bored this far into the game if you aren't into competitive/online shit or random autistic collecting goals
>>
I play it maybe once or twice every few weeks, but I always seem to have trouble finding another trainer on battlespot. Otherwise I just play it for breeding/ev training and pokemon refresh
>>
>>32388122
>but I always seem to have trouble finding another trainer on battlespot
Are you playing free battle? Ranked is where everyone is
>>
>>32388135
Not him but having trouble finding battles on ranked was why I basically stopped playing.
>>
>>32387974
>being this poor

I'm so, so sorry
>>
>>32388142
>the only reason you would be reluctant to throw $40 down the drain is because you're poor
Were you spoiled as a child?
>>
>>32387857
I'm trying to get a shiny Golisopod.
I still enjoy the games overall though.

I never replay Pokemon games and find it hard to go back to older ones.
>>
>>32388142

You can definitely afford to act more like an adult for one.

Someone pointed out that you spent $40 on stuff you could easily trade for. And even if that cash were burning a hole in your pocket you easily could have bought another game.

Your post is a combination of buyers remorse and stupidity, none of that is our fault.
>>
>>32388162
dude its just 40 bucks, its not that big of a deal to buy both. A lot of people do, and youre just being autistic.
>>
>>32388141
Not sure why that would be as long as your rating isn't super low or something
>>
>>32388047
You arent a true pokemon fan
>>
>>32387857
just wait until the tutors and the staters HA come aka wait for a new game
>>
>>32388047
>because an online meta doesn't prolong a game's life
You know competitive online games are largely devoid of story, right? And people dump hours into that shit. Pokemon is the same thing.
>>
>>32388162
Do you have a job? I don't think so if you really think you can't really spend 80$ on something you like
Also, admitting you're so poor you can't afford to buy it, or you just don't care
What's the point in being envious other people do/can?

>>32388192
also literally this
>>
>>32388207
They are based around that. Guilds, teams, tournaments. That is the entire point. Pokemon is not the same in that regard.
>>
>>32388192
Its not just 40 bucks dude. You spent 80 bucks on 2 shitty pokemon games, 1 of them which you haven't played yet. I bet your parents are really proud of your financing strategy.
>>
>>32388047
I really don't like you.
>>
>>32388208
thank you for reading my post. oh wait you didn't. I could buy 50 copies of each version if I wanted to. but I won't because that's retarded. the differences between sun and moon are not worth 40 dollars.

now if you want to buy both for god knows what reason that's your business, but to suggest the only reason most people don't buy both versions is because they can't afford to is just retarded
>>
>>32388047

This. If there were more than just bikesim for post-game Id understand but these games really only have 2-3 months of playtime for me then I go back to Monster Hunter.
>>
>>32388047
I pretty much do the same as you.

I have other stuff to play, Pokemon has never really been good enough to hold my sole focus, and I don't like any battle facilities except for the shiny giving ones in BW2.

I'm surprised you're getting hostile responses, your post is one of the most neutral and inoffensive in the thread.
>>
>>32388199
I was 1600
>>
>>32387985
Nothing then? Cause it seems to me this game has pretty much as much post game as every other.
>>
>>32387955
This. I had two Pokemon X and one Y, I can't enjoy the game if it's not official so I wont play some download game.
>>
>>32388292
Having two of the same is too much for me too, but It's okay if you've got the money
>>
>>32388256
I assume most people who criticize who does, do.
Oh and why the name thing Lily? Are we doing the social thing now? You wanna get fucked hard perchance?
>>
>>32388306
Nah he wants you to think he's a girl so you drop your argument and start saying stupid shit like the horny retard you are
>>
I played Moon up until Pokebank came out, I was really waiting for it so I could finally use all the other mons I painstakingly bred in OR. On the same day, my friend sofmodded one of his 3DSes so we could inject. At that point I felt like there wasn't any reason to go back. Now I just play Showdown.
>>
File: Nino_N_-_Kawasumi.jpg (145KB, 596x811px) Image search: [Google]
Nino_N_-_Kawasumi.jpg
145KB, 596x811px
>>32387857
I'm not. If the PSS hadn't been replaced with Festival Plaza, I probably still would be but finding a Link Battle is pretty much impossible now.
>inb4 hurr durr just play showdown

I'm playing the GBA Fire Emblem games instead.
>>
File: Black_Tower_inside_B2.png (180KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Tower_inside_B2.png
180KB, 400x300px
>>32388047
>people are too young that never played the black tower
>>
>>32388343
But what's wrong with being horny over a feminine nickname on an anonymous board full of penises, anon?
>>
>>32388306
are you 12
>>
>>32387857
the games aren't even worth restarting because of all the unskippable cutscenes. truly some really shitty games
>>
>>32388361
Fire emblem is boring too
>>
>>32387903
My boi
>>
>>32387883
I didn't even beat the game. Put it down after the third trial because I was too bored. Never felt like picking it up again.
>>
>>32388388
Most people on this board are.
>>
>>32388047
god fucking damnit this so much
retards here on /vp/ think the game must last fucking forever
>>
File: 1394813003414.jpg (9KB, 146x145px) Image search: [Google]
1394813003414.jpg
9KB, 146x145px
>mfw I played AS for many months after its release and I still occasionally do
>mfw I dropped Moon after two months
I mean, I had fun with it. I can't say it was a bad game. But I don't feel like doing anything more. It was somewhat too story driven.
At least AS has nostalgia helping me to play it again.
>>
>>32387857
Battle tree
Breeding
Battle spot

Still keeping me plenty busy. Great game, better than anything gen 4 shat out.
>>
>>32388388
yes
>>
I've just been breeding stuff and throwing them in pokepelgio.
I wish there was a battle frontier or something to use my 4 boxes of fully trained and breed pokemon on
>>
>>32388426
I think it's fun.
>>
180h+ shiny hinting
>>
>>32388047
Gives me hope to see that not every single one here is a retard. Seeing the other posts kills that hope fast, though.
>>
>>32387857
I brought over my living dex and filled out the rest of the alolamon and stopped there.
Now I just pick it up for competitions to get the megastones.
>>
>>32388224
Dude, its his disposable income. He can do whatever he likes with it because keeping or spending it won't change his financial situation in the slightest.

Why are you so mad about this? The only logical reason is that you can't afford that luxury.
>>
>>32388514

Exaggeration much? No one's saying they want the games to last forever but you're the real retard if you don't notice the lack of replayability of SM compared to previous games.
>>
>>32388273
>Very first sentence is "You have problems if you're still playing this game."
>inoffensive
>>
>>32389788
Compared to most of the other replies at the time. And the rest of it reasons why.
>>
I play frequently because I'm not done with the game yet.
>>
File: 1489202181805.jpg (41KB, 408x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489202181805.jpg
41KB, 408x600px
>>32387857
Beat the game, got all the stamps in about a month or two.
But then I hacked my 3DS and gave my copy of Sun to my little cousin and got Moon myself. Now he's always challenging me and every time he goes "And the winner gets a legendary!" Even though I already gave him a Mewtwo.

I'm still waiting for my legendaries. :^)
>>
>>32387857
Battle Tree and VGC for me, man.

Get a friend and do Battle Tree Multi Battles with them, shit's the best.
>>
>>32387857
>Lillie jelly of Moons big titties
Cute
>>
>>32388367
I want to do a White 2 run where I actually beat this shit. I loved that you get a shiny at the top, that was cool stuff.
>>
File: IMG_20161228_010325_BURST010.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161228_010325_BURST010.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>32387857
Me
I took a break for couple months. Then came back to check the bank and ended finishing the dex and got 97/100 Zygarde Cells. SOS shiny hunts are kinda fun too, what I can't figure out tho is the Battle Tree.
>>
I restarted White 2 this weekend,it's actually pretty comfy.

Forget how good it genuinely is-good postgame too
>>
I never finished playing OR. Haven't been interested to buy S/M, guess this is a generation I am skipping. Clocked nearly 600 hours on XY though.
>>
>>32388047
I hear what you're saying and I don't blame you. When you look at them objectively, Pokemon games are not the pinnacle of gaming. They are pretty simplified, children's RPGs with certain depth, but still limited by stuff like RNG. It's natural to get bored after beating it for some people. But I think many of us can agree that despite being a shit single player experience, XY had the redeeming quality of having a really fun online component, even better than Gen 7's or Gen 5's. Not the ultimate balance, but imo the most balanced online meta yet. Since you clearly don't like GF's postgame ideas in general, the online part makes it pretty worth it.

Still, at the same time, let me respectfully say you have SHIT taste, my guy.
>>
I lost my copy of Moon in a hotel room about a week ago, so I'm pretty much fucked.

Not much I can do.
>>
File: 20170423_191717.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_191717.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>32387903

My namek
>>
>>32387974

>elitist

No you!
>>
>>32388047

Second
>>
>>32388162

Get a job.
>>
>>32388306

>being this 12
>>
>>32388047
Catching pokemon IS the main point of the game. Competitive is fun and all but once you can just inject or play showdown the only real postgame fun is catching pokemon in pokeballs
>>
In XY / ORAS I spent a massive amount of time breeding various competitive pokemon, including quite a lot of competitive shinies. That was like 90% of my playtime on the game, it'd almost be something I'd do in the background, mute the game, put some music on in the background while chatting on IRC or Skype with friends and just grind out those eggs. Even though I was pretty much in autopilot all that time it was still satisfying getting those pokemon legit and then levelling them up, it was more fun than just hacking them in. In theory I could do that in SM as well but so many of the pokemon are just so aggressively mediocre or uninteresting that it's barely worth doing, plus almost all of the pokemon that are actually good this gen can't be bred. I bred a couple like Salazzle and Araquanid that I personally liked and then there was just nothing else worth bothering with that I didn't already have. That and the competitive meta is just miserable right now, playing with friends under smogon rules on wifi is just not fun atm and showdown is even worse. Frankly I'm more or less ready to give up on pokemon altogether now, it had a good run but it's not what it used to be for me.
>>
>>32387857
I played Moon for about a week and haven't picked it up since. I've never been bored playing Pokemon but SM was just tedious.
>>
>>32387857
I have a new VGC team that I plan to use in 2 upcoming competitions so I still play online from time to time.

I pretty much 100%ed Sun otherwise. Got every stamp, perfected my Festival Plaza, maxed out Pelago, battled every relevant NPC etc.
>>
>>32388047
>>32388260
>>32388273
>>32388514
Hahahahaha, the Stockholm syndrome in the Pokemon community is so fucking real

>XY comes out
>shit maingame, no postgame, is universally panned by fans
>but hey it's okay, all first pairs suck right?
>ORAS comes out
>still no postgame, one of the defining gen 3 features gets cut because fuck you
>SM comes out
>nothing
>"i-it's okay, P-Pokemon postgame always sucked anyway"
You're so used to eating shit straight from Masuda's ass you actually started to believe this is what Pokemon always used to be like

Sad!
>>
>>32387898
>he didn't catch them all yet
>>
>>32392806
Pokemon never was good
>>
Picked up my copy of Moon again last week after a good while of not playing so as to finish my Living Dex since all I was going to need was the new Pokemon.

Still missing a Cosmog and Solgaleo but I don't have the drive to finish off my copy of Sun to get them.
>>
>>32387857
I got as far as Paniona Ranch before putting the game down. I don't really know why.
>>
>>32387857
As much as I say I love Pokemon I can't bring myself find anymore joy in the games past the first play through. None of the limited post games have interested me, so once I beat the game the first time I'm pretty much done with it. Sometimes I can hype myself up for a second playthrough but that's rare. I'm a smogonfag as well so there's no point in breeding and all that when I just go on showdown. I guess I love the idea of Pokemon more then playing the games and I guess I'm okay with that.
>>
>>32387857
Does playing competitive count? All I ever do in the game is enter the PC to move stuff, then go back to battle spot.
>>
>>32393002
Why are you here?
>>
>>32393488
because i am a virgin loser that hates this franchise but can let you fuckers enjoy it because it triggers me so i have to bait/shitpost saying that pokemon games suck so you can give me (You)s so i spend my life in my moms basement shitposting the whole day
>>
I've been ribbon hunting for the team I beat the League with so that they'll have everything for whatever game comes next.

Once I'm done with that I'm going to send over my core team from B2, Y, and AS, to get their ribbons as well.

Battle Tree is fun if not a bit infuriating because some of the shit that goes down in it, but I wind up taking lng breaks from it to do other things.

Collecting all the clothes, shiny hunting, daily poke pelago training.
>>
>>32387903
Gen 2 was so based
>>
>>32387903
Just did a new run in HeartGold. At the league now. Why were they so much better?
>>
>>32394749
because they weren't first games of a gen, anon
>>
>>32392806
the only point that applies is ORAS to some extent but because of the frontier meme /vp/ will only say ''muh no postgame bcus no frontier!''
first games of a gen argument still holds true
>>
>>32387985
Frontier, PWT, shitton of postgame exploration.

Alola is literal dogshit next to those games.
>>
Why would you force yourself to slog through the boring parts of the game?
I take the game slow and usually finish in about 1-3 months depending on game length. Thank God I'm not autistic enough to breed or play competitive.
>>
>>32387910
I'm so glad that I'm not retarded to justify buying the same game twice. GF Are geniuses at marketing if they're able to get 2 sales for 1 game out of some ppl. LMAO, fucking idiots.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.