[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons, what is the best anime 6 vs 6 league battle for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
Anons, what is the best anime 6 vs 6 league battle for you?

OPTIONS
>Ash vs Drake (Orange League)
>Ash vs Gary (Johto League)
>Ash vs Harrison (Johto League)
>Ash vs Katie (Hoenn League)
>Ash vs Morrison (Hoenn League)
>Ash vs Tyson (Hoenn League)
>Ash vs Paul (Sinnoh League)
>Ash vs Tobias (Sinnoh League)
>Ash vs Cameron (Unova League)
>Ash vs Sawyer (Kalos League)
>Ash vs Alain (Kalos League)
>>
Ash vs cameron I don't know what happens during the battle however.
>>
Paul
>>
>>32387044
ash vs tobias was horse shit and you know it
>>
>>32387044
Still Ash vs. Paul. Not only for everything that had been building up to it, but for everything that happened within it. We see Ash finally get his act together, but Paul still proves that he is a competent foe. Sawyer had elements of this but without the weight behind it. Ash had trounced him again and again, only failing once because Ash had taken his new abilities for granted. It wasn't as meaningful. As for Alain, It had the buildup, but the battle itself was underwhelming and has a bullshit conclusion to boot.
>>
>>32387044
>>Ash vs Alain (Kalos League)
This.

>>32387060
It was 6 vs 5 though. Cameron forgot to get one more pokemon. He won because of Riolu evolving into Lucario.
>>
File: GETYEGONE.png (89KB, 707x975px) Image search: [Google]
GETYEGONE.png
89KB, 707x975px
>>
>>32387117
Frog get ye done
>>
>>32387117
FROG GET YE GONE
>>
>>32387117
Frog get ye done
>>
>>32387099
Damn thats funny.
Lucario pandering beat ash
>>
Ash vs Drake is a fairly underrated battle. I love that one.

As another Anon said, Ash vs Paul was likely the most satisfying and meaningful battle on the list.

Ash vs Alain had moments of intensity and goodness but they dropped the ball hard at the end by incessant Charizard pandering.
>>
File: 1476213327554.jpg (109KB, 1013x938px) Image search: [Google]
1476213327554.jpg
109KB, 1013x938px
>>32387044
>>Ash vs Alain (Kalos League)
Easily this.
Second would be Paul one. Both of these fights had great buildup, but Paul's fight was SHiT. The Pokemon I wanted to see fight, Paul's Torterra, Ursaring, Honchkrow were benched for no fucking reason other than to give Ash a better chance of winning. Except for Drapion, none of Paul's new Pokemon did anything. All of them just jobbed hard. Only Drapion and Electivire got any KOs.
Then there's the Infernape. It was Poisoned, had received damage already, and still took so many fucking hits, yet didn't go down. It was the very definition of plot armor. Instead of giving a fair fight, they relied on asspulls and bullshit to let Ash win. That fight was shit.

Alan handled build up better, giving Alan his own Specials to establish him as a character, rather than just reducing him to be a side character in Ash's journey. They handled power levels better. Pokemon established to be strong, Pikachu and Charizard, remained strong. They weren't powered down to let the other one stand a chance. Even Greninja would've done more had Ash not kept him until the end. The fight was perfect in being consistent and didn't rely on asspulls and bullshit.
>>
>>32387117
Frog get ye gone
>>
>>32387171
>Ash vs Alan
>not asspulls and bullshit
>>
>>32387179
Were there any asspulls or bullshit? Name any such moments. Because I don't remember those.
>>
>>32387171
Having been thoroughly cucked, the cuck eventually stops resisting. This marks the beginning of the denial phase, where he will pretend that the end result was what he wished for all along.
>>
>>32387161
It was charizard pandering how?
Alain was better trained and skilled.
Actually can put up a fight vs e4 and all the other megas. Ash needed two tries against the 8th gym. Even then he battled so basically against alain.

Sends out a quad weak noivern against weavile.
Let goodra get ohkoed.
Still had somewhat a chance until corporate meddling stepped in and made him lose via Bullshit.
>>
>>32387183
Goodra getting raped on live television and Greninja not even standing a chance against a weakened Charizard.
>>
>>32387044
What was that golden shuriken good for? It was never used after the league too.
>>
>>32387194
>Goodra getting raped on live television
That was bullshit? How so? It fought a Pokemon that resisted it, and lost.

>Greninja not even standing a chance against a weakened Charizard
Like Greninja never did. They had been establishing Zard's powerlevel since years ago, with Mega Evolution Special. Where it fought Legendaries and OHKOed E4's Mega Evolved Pokemon.
>>
>>32387044
Ash vs paul is best imo

People say Tobias was the worst one because legends lol,
But at least ashs pokemon put up a fight
His worst loss was against ritchie just because charizard didnt do anything.
>>
You think ash would benefit from going to a in his universe smogon?
>>
>>32387194
>being consistent is an asspull.
>>
Ash needs to stop type overlapping
>>
>>32387117
FROG GET YE GONE
>>
>>32387205
>It fought a Pokemon that resisted it, and lost.
Just like Charizard, huh?

>They had been establishing Zard's powerlevel since years ago, with Mega Evolution Special.
They had been establishing Greninja's sharingan powers since before amourshipping was a thing.
>>
>>32387237
>Just like Charizard, huh?
Difference is, Zard had a secondary STAB. And SE moves. And training with almost exclusively Mega Evolved Pokemon, Legendaries and Champion to back that up.

>They had been establishing Greninja's sharingan powers since before amourshipping was a thing.
They had been establishing Zard's powerlevel before Greninja was a thing.
>>
I'd say Ash vs Paul, but Paul only used Electivire from his main team which gained a rivalry against Ash one.

Not Torterra. Not Magmortar. Not Weavile. Not Honchrkow. Not that Ursaring in steroids. A pity.
>>
>>32387237
I doubt ashgreninja couldve even beat that mega Garchomp. Seeing as to how it struggled to fight even mega gardivour.

Yah know what I think Diantha vs ash was a better fight than any league battle.
>>
>>32387245
Now you're just lying. Please stop posting.
>>
>>32387161
Well, I do have to make note that Ash vs. Drake was the FIRST full battle that was ever done in the anime, and it was definitely given that weight in that they needed two episodes to do it. Upon analysis, for being the first, it does fairly well in being creative with how the battle can play out. Certainly more than how a few other full battles played out. It is indeed overlooked, but that's mostly because the other Leagues are far more difficult and this was more remedial training. Should it be overlooked? No, especially with the amount of horrific battles we've had. They definitely knew what they were doing with this one, but since battles in general were still seen as a short-winded affair, it wasn't able to get the full sense of epicness just yet. We would see this later on, but it would take many years for it to happen. For a first time, it was pretty decent.
>>
>>32387193
>corporate meddling
Anon...
>>
>>32387252
Looking it up, Zard was fight shown effortlessly beating Mega Garchomp and Absol, and putting up a fight against a Mega Blastoise of an Elite 4 on April 3rd of 2014. At that time, Greninja was a fucking Froakie. Not even a Frogadier until months later, in December 2014. Let alone a Greninja. And all this time, while Froakie was getting to level of being a Greninja, Zard was fighting Mega Evolved Pokemon and training to be even stronger. The gap between them was too big, from the very beginning.
>>
>>32387291
Unlike with every other rival, this time, Alan's ace was already fully evolved by the time Froakie had started his training. He had a headstart. The problem comes from people assuming that while Froakie and Ash got stronger, Charizard and Alain remained the same. That's not the case. They were both training at the same time. Alain was probably training even harder, as unlike Ash, he was never shown just fooling around. He cared so much about it that it led to him pretty much falling in depression, to the point he just battled and didn't even care about victory anymore.

People missed all the effort the anime team made in establishing Alain's strength and just sucked Ash's cock. Believing only he got stronger and only he deserved to win.
>>
>>32387291
>>32387368
You don't have to lie anymore. Stop posting now.
>>
There is only one thing I will admit on Alain, and that is he had something more to fight for, even if it was being misled. Was that justification for what happened? With how the battle was playing out, I'd say no. Did he deserve the win? From his reaction to it, I'd still say no. Ash was his only reason for being here, it otherwise meant nothing to him. His obsession with winning for Mairin was the only thing that could've possibly edged that out. His obsession was born of Lysandre's meddling so that he could gather Mega evolution energy. It's all very empty.
>>
>>32387374
Anon, just dismantle his argument.
>>
>>32387044
Ash vs Alain result was too underwhelming considering all the greninja setup, so I'll go with Ash vs Shota with Ash vs Paul coming really close
>>
File: IMG_0009.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0009.png
9KB, 205x246px
IT'S NOT FAIR, BROS
IT WAS HIS YEAR
ASH DESERVED TO WIN
>>
>>32387377
Isn't it all empty? Wanting to be a "Pokemon Master", whatever that is, doesn't sound much different. The value of a reason for fighting is as subjective a thing as it gets.
>>
>>32387117
FROG GET YE GONE
>>
>>32387405
True. The only reason for Alain to lose would've been to break his mentality, but that wasn't going to happen. In fact, more would've been broken if it did. There was no reason for Alain to be beaten here.

That being said, this battle was still underwhelming considering.
>>
>>32387044
Ash vs Paul
>>
>Nobody said Ash vs Gary
>>
>>32387503
That's because it was both underwhelming AND there was little buildup to it. The show ACTS like there was, but nope, it wasn't there.
>>
>>32387503
It was great and fun to watch, it's just others are better. Alain and Paul handled buildup much better, and the further you go in time, the less bullshit battles get. Gary and Ash had more bullshit than both Paul and Alain battles.
>>
>>32387044
1) Ash vs Paul
2) Ash vs Sawyer
3) Ash vs Gary
>>
Can someone post both Paul and BURASUTO battles? I'd rather watch and decide, as I don't remember much of anything from either.
>>
>>32387572
Just admit you were a fetus when D/P came out.
>>
Ash vs Alan definitely is the one that looked the best with Iwane making the first part and Nishitani making the second part. It had great animation together with great detailing, great shadowing and great use of 3d camera. Literally every frame was a key frame. The battle was also really good most of the time but had way too much bullshit.

Ash vs Shota had some really nice choreography, some really good animation and art style in the second half of the battle but it was rushed and needed more strategy from Ash's side. The end was definitely the most hype battle yet.

In the end though I would say Paul is the best one. It had the greatest build, was the longest one and while it was slow and uneventful a lot of the time and with way too many cut away to Brock the strategic moments made up for it. Infernape had a way too big plot armour though. And of course the animation was a lot worse with awful speedlines but that shouldn't really be accounted for since it was made in 2009-2010. The ending sealed the deal.
>>
>>32387250
>I doubt ashgreninja couldve even beat that mega Garchomp. Seeing as to how it struggled to fight even mega gardivour.

This doesn't make sense at all. That Mega Garchomp belonged to a literally who that jobbed hard everytime it battled Mega Zard X. Mega Gardevoir was the champion's ace and actually had a type advantage.
>>
File: 1471519568674.png (3MB, 711x945px) Image search: [Google]
1471519568674.png
3MB, 711x945px
>>
>>32387714
use burasto baan
>>
>Greninja vs Charizard I
Greninja gets ultra beaten by Charizard.
>Greninja vs Charizard II
Greninja manages to put an equal fight, and even overpower it for moments until Ash faints.

Now, what would be the logical next step for their third battle?
>>
>>32387735
Charizard feels ashamed of how a weakling managed to overpower it so it made sure this thing doesn't happen again.
>>
>>32387735
Don't dig this hole again, anon. The last time someone did, there were people arguing about how many hits both Pokemon took and was Zard truly "overpowered". This is a losing argument.
>>
>>32387735
Greninja loses yet again and decides to just end it all by jumping from the Lumiose gym.
>>
>>32387770
Kek.
>>
>>32387777
quads confirm apex kek
>>
>>32387777
It's absurd how half of Ash's League battles involve Charizard.
>>
>>32387766
And what you don't understand is that nothing is consistent in this anime. By finally mastering the Bond Phenomenon, Ash could've very well stood on equal footing with Alain. It's just that Ash was just playing around and Alain had something to fight for.
>>
File: 1475260176289.png (83KB, 264x238px) Image search: [Google]
1475260176289.png
83KB, 264x238px
>>32387801
>what's the next logical step
>let's not look at it logically because logic doesn't apply to the anime
>>
File: Steven-Gerrard-slips.jpg (37KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Steven-Gerrard-slips.jpg
37KB, 615x410px
This was the pokemon version of pic related
>>
>>32387820
We have no choice, it DOESN'T make sense. In fact, it's the only way people can justify it now.
>>
>>32387849
explain this meme right now
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>32387068
>>32387044
Gliscor vs Drapion is one of the best match in the entire franchise
>>
>>32387854
Narratively, maybe. Normally, that would be where the main character wins. Of course it can be argued Alain, too, was a main character. Power level wise, it was consistent. I can dig through the archive for that autism, if you want me to.
>>
>>32387117
Frog get ye gone
>>
>>32387735
>Now, what would be the logical next step for their third battle?
Ash losing again. Boy needs to stop being dependant on that snowflake.
>>
>>32387068
This. The battles between Ash and Sawyer and Ash and Alain also seemed very quick and rushed compared to Ash against Paul.
>>
Ash vs Paul > Ash vs Gary > Ash vs Alain
>>
ASH WILL NEVER WIN A LEAGUE
>>
File: 1477883717600.png (129KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1477883717600.png
129KB, 400x300px
>>32387402
Sums up this thread quite perfectly. The most consistent battle, BURASUTO battle, is being called bullshit, because MUH ASH LOST. But the bullshit plot armor that Infernape had, and the shit team they gave Paul was not bullshit, because MUH ASH WON.
>>
>>32389375
He'll win a league once the series about to end.
>>
>>32389396
ASH WILL NEVER WIN BECAUSE HE CAN'T WIN EVEN IF THE SERIES ENDED
>>
>>32389396
And that will happen when this franchise dies. And that won't happen because:

THEY'LL NEVER STOP POKEMON
>>
>>32387194
>>32387179
>Greninja not even standing a chance against a weakened Charizard.
You have to understand just how bullshit strong they established Alan's Charizard is long before that fight even happened. Alan OHKOed a fresh elite 4 mega that's resistant to fire after fighting 9 other mega trainers using only a potion and a pecha berry.

Even before the training from Lysandre, Alan's Charizard was trading hits with Steven's Mega Metagross. It got hit by flash cannon and then got drilled into a mountain by a champion's mega ace. It was fine afterwards. Not even Mega Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent KOed Charizard. It got its fall broken by Metagross but it retained mega form and was flying afterwards. Primal Groudon hurt it badly but didn't KO it since the mega form didn't drop. The only person to have KOed Alan's Charizard was Siebold at the start of the mega series when it was still inexperienced and it required 2 super effective dragon pulses and a hydro pump.

It tanked an extreme speed and a super effective signature Land's Wrath from Zygarde and was fine afterwards. He even battled Zygarde to the point that Flare's lasers could bring it down. If you were wondering, those lasers were used against Puni-chan and Team Rocket and all it achieved was making them a little tired, they didn't even pass out. And as a reference point to how strong Zygarde was, its dragon pulse was a giant 3 headed blast compared to Siebold's 1 headed dragon pulse.

I think the problem was, people never really saw the writing on the wall until it involved their MC Ash losing. When Alan OHKOed an elite 4, people called it shenanigans and that Malva was holding back. Turns out it was legit. Which is why I didn't even bat an eye when Charizard just took a gorillion attacks from Ash's Pikachu and Greninja and just wobbled a little.

Was it bullshit? Yes, with how ridiculous they made Alan's Charizard to be. Was it an asspull that came out of nowhere? No, it was very clearly established.
>>
>>32387205
Ash-Greninja wiped the floor with Diantha's Mega Gardevoir so go fuck yourself with that dumb argument.
>>
>>32387117
FROG GET YE GONE
>>
>>32387250
> it struggled to fight even mega gardevoir
I don't think we saw the same episode
>>
>>32387117
FROG GET YE GONE
>>
Ash VS Shota>Ash VS Alain>Ash VS Paul>Ash VS Tobais> Ash VS Gary

Ash VS Paul, while a great conclusion winds up being a bit tiring because a lot of the fight is Ash getting caught in scenario's he's faced before. Falling for Electivires tail and double punch repeatedly even though he should have known about it.

Drapion being a tank and nuking his team.
>>
>>32387044
Ash vs Paul no contest.
>>
>>32387633
What I'm saying is if ash greninja can seemingly take multiple leaf storms and moonblasts for whatever reason.
But can't stand up to a couple dragon claws a flamethrower or blast burn. What's stopping it from getting wrekt by a literal whos Garchomp? Ino that ash didn't even bother giving greninja ice beam dark pulse or any other reliable STAB besides water shuriken.

All ash ever did with battle bond was spam water shuriken.
>>
I'm just wondering why Ash could win at least three of those leagues. It's not that hard to have him continue his journey to a new region and win a league.
>>
>>32391961
couldn't.
>>
>>32387117
FROG GET YE GONE!
>>
>>32387117
Frog get ye done
>>
>>32391961
Because then writers have to add in the elite 4 battles.
>>
>>32387117
FROG GET YE GONE
>>
>>32392489
>Ash wins
>TF attacks
>Whoops no time for E4 battles come back some other time gotta rebuild the city
There.

Or just make Ash get rekt by the first E4 to show there's still tons to go for afterwards.
>>
>>32392511
When's the last time we've seen an Elite 4 battle after a league? Writers hardly or never add them to the series. Alain and Tyson that Ash befriends had won their respective leagues, but they never show us of them attempting to meet and fight the Elite 4. They probably want to be lazy on their premise.
>>
>>32387117
Frog get ye gone
>>
I'm still mad be lost. The fact that SM apparently lacks battles for the most part only makes it worse.
>>
Ash vs Paul would have been sweeter if Paul had used his main Pokemon. I wanted to see Torterra beating Honchkrow, and Ash getting his revenge against that Ursaring
>>
>>32392568
He pretty much deserves a break after all the six loses.
>>
>>32391825
>Ash-Greninja wiped the floor with Diantha's Mega Gardevoir
Epic.
>>
>>32387044
Vs cameron or vs alain.
Havent watched those though.
>>
>>32387117
FROG GET YE GONE
>>
>>32387714
USE BLAST BURN
>>
I dont see the big deal with
Greninja vs Sceptile final match

sceptile stood there 70% of the match
>>
>>32392752
Because people want to believe it as the "final match".
>>
>>32392752
Because Ash won that battle and that is literally all that matters. Not how Shota's hard work was shat on with bullshit snowflake powers, no, that's okay. Ash won, after all.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.