[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do most of people like Lugia is it because of the movie,has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-Silver_EN_boxart.png (126KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Silver_EN_boxart.png
126KB, 250x250px
Why do most of people like Lugia is it because of the movie,has a better design, Stronger than Ho-oh, please explain?
>>
>>32380785
Because she's cuter than ho-oh
>>
>>32380802
But it probably stinks like fish besides it's only skin or scales.
>>
>>32380785
Ho-Oh is much, much better than Lugia.
>>
Lugia looks amazing in it's original Sugimori artwork and in the second movie. It's cry is epic (or WAS epic, I don't particularly like what the new games have done to cries). Not that Ho-Oh isn't cool, it is - but at the end of the day, it's a giant bird (a very cool giant bird, tho) vs a sea monster who starred in his own movie. Lugia just has broader appeal. But Ho-Oh is the first Johto Pokemon we ever saw, before we even knew that there would be a second generation. That's pretty special if you ask me. I love them both.
>>
>>32380785
Lugia is a lot sexier. Would you rather fuck a beautiful, white sea dragon or a rainbow chicken?
>>
>>32380853
Aren't you just skin?
>>
>>32380887
beautiful rainbow chicken
>>
>>32380785
For me it's because Lugia is stronger I guess. He knows shit like hydro pump and ancient power that would totally devastate Ho-Oh in a fight.
>>
>>32380785
Because it got a movie.

That's all. It's got a much worse design than Ho-oh and it's not any stronger.
>>
>>32380901
>He
>>
>>32380785
It got a movie, design is more unique than Ho-Oh's, etc.

IDK, Lugia just stayed in my mind as a solid mon design, whereas Ho-Oh just sort of faded away.
>>
LOL all these ho oh supporters. Guess someones mom bought them gold version instead of silver.

>>32380785

Lugia IS stronger than ho oh. Thats one reason. Being a physic flying that learns water moves gives it an advantage one on one over ho oh. Plus fire mons were generally weaker in competitive play due to the over use of so many water mons. Sacred fire has burn rate but aeroblast crits. Plus burn isnt as effective as para or sleep. I battled friends when these games came out and lugia usually came out on top. Ofcourse we werent playing as intense as these wi fi battles. But still. Hydro pump wins at the basic level.

Ho oh has a stupid name. It literally is a Hoe.

Lugia's design is better. Looks like a cross between a fucking dragon and the loch ness monster. And those hand wings were fucking original. Nothing really stands out about ho oh. Its a cooler phoenix than moltres... but still we already HAD a phoenix nonetheless. And lugia had a movie.

Ho oh IS a peacock. Again. A fucking peacock. Rainbows and peacocks. So fucking gay.

I loved the gen II games. Had gold and silver. But lets not pretend like ho oh was cooler than lugia.
>>
>>32380785
Because he's smells good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntJhmTLTnA0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hrurHWO3pI
>>
>>32380989
Is this autism?
>>
>>32381217
yes.
>>
>>32380785
As you can see liking Lugia is a sign of autism like sonic.
>>
>>32381326
I'm completely neurotypical and I like Lugia more
>>
>>32380785
It was much harder to find and get, at least when I was 10 and didn't even know that guides existed. So it felt much more rewarding.
>>
>>32380932
He has a male voice in the movie so yes
>>
>>32380932
>>32381355
>assuming xe gender

Cis scum
>>
>>32380785
Lugia and Ho-oh felt like they were being tacked onto the legendary trio but Lugia occupied a new space while Ho-oh had to share a space with Moltres.
>>
>>32380785
I liked Lugia ever since I first saw it, yes. It was definitely before I ever knew of the movie. It was when OP pic related was first revealed.
>>
I played silver as a kid but Ho-Oh is so much better design wise and lore wise.
>>
>>32380785
Big nostalgia factor, Lugia was pushed much more than Ho-oh in the anime while it was still enjoying massive popularity, so it was the face of Gen 2 for a while. It's also a sea dragon and has a pretty cool design, so there's that.

Ho-oh hasn't had nearly as much exposure in comparison, despite more interesting lore and being better competitively. It's only now getting a large role in a movie.
>>
>>32380785
I used to like Lugia but from gen 3 onwards it has such an awkward design.
Huge hand "wings" that make it look like someone flapping their arms rather than something flapping wings, small head compared to the rest of it, and strange rabbit legs.
>>32380989
Lugia isn't stronger though. It has awful attacking stats for a legendary and Ho-oh, despite having an awful typing, is vastly superior in combat due to having Regenerator as an ability to go with absurd attacking power. Currently Ho-Oh is one of the best legendaries in combat, period. Lugia is just good.
>>
>>32381482
He's talking about back in GSC
>>
>>32381379
>he actually played through the failure that was gen 2
>>
>>32381504
>babbies who weren't even alive for gen 2 shittalking the height of pokemon
wew
>>
>>32381498
I see. I suppose it might be better there? Maybe? I never played against friends back in GSC.
>>
File: IMG_2451.jpg (219KB, 1078x851px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2451.jpg
219KB, 1078x851px
>>32380785

Yes.
>>
>>32380785
>because of the movie
this is the one advantage Lugia has over Ho-oh. It's been in the spotlight so much more.

>has a better design
Subjective. I like them both, but prefer Ho-oh.

>Stronger than Ho-oh
Objectively wrong. Lugia has pathetic attacking stats compared to Ho-oh's great signature move and stats. Not to mention Ho-oh is significantly better competitively.
>>
I honestly do not remember the atmosphere of gaming back then. As far as I know, Pokemon was the ONLY handheld RPG at the time. I could be mistaken. The alternative would be that handhelds do not exist, because also if Pokemon did not exist, then handhelds might not have become as popular as they are.
>>
>>32381355
And she was a mother in the anime
>>
I prefer ho-oh because of its story but at the end of the day it's just a big bird. Lugia a design is a little more original, somewhere between plesiosaur and a bird.
>>
>>32381550
to a male
>>
>>32380785
Could be wrong, but I think when the games first came out, Ho-oh was more popular. Almost everyone I talked too said they played Gold first and I figure that being kids, the game was probably based on the mascot poke. I mean in the same token, I played Silver first because I preferred Lugia's design.

Outside of that, yeah it's probably because of the movie. Same reason why I think Raikou never took off like Suicune and Entei even though he is my favorite of those 3.
>>
>>32381534
Ho-Oh's stat distribution was garbage prior to the physical/special split
>>
>>32380872
>I don't particularly like what the new games have done to cries

agreed.
>>
>>32381620
>even though he is my favorite of those 3
Same here, I thought Entei was the ugliest and didn't get why it got a movie and Raikou didn't
>>
>>32380785
Meme Minerals fuck Ho-Oh more than Lugia.
>>
>>32381620
Entei took off?
>>
>>32380859
No you noob. Lugia is the GOAT tank.
>>
File: Lugia_PSS.png (192KB, 557x599px) Image search: [Google]
Lugia_PSS.png
192KB, 557x599px
I think that all the people forgot how cool Lugia seems in the box art of SS.
And it's sad.
>>
>>32381689
Man, the hype for HGSS was so damn high, nothing that came after it had that much hype again.
>>
>>32380785
as a kid I thought that Ho-oh is just a regular lame bird an Lugia is an actual legendary monster so I wanted silver version.
>>
>>32381729
Shame HGSS was such a shit game.
>>
>>32381668
Third movie.
>>
>>32381668
Took off more than Raikou. Around the Unknown movie where he was the big Poke in it, he was pretty well known.

Suicune was featured in the Celebi movie if i remember correctly, and was already popular because of its design.

Raikou basically only got that little spin off anime that featured the protags from Gold and Silver.
>>
Friendly reminder that Game Freak made Crystal out of Gold and not Silver.
>>
Friendly reminder that Lugia can be female.
>>
>>32381217
>>32381320

You could try waiting a few replies before samefaggin
>>
>>32381498
Thank you for actually reading.
>>
>>32381517
It was better in GSC. Ho oh us the worst uber in GSC. Those were the games i was reffering too. Cant speak past gen III tho.
>>
>>32382236
Not by much, Ubers wasn't a huge place like now.
Lugia is trash compared to Ho-Oh now though.
>>32382223
I did read but I was addressing it as a whole rather than just the GSC one.
>>
>>32382236
Lugia fell off the boat as far as ubers goes. Good ability and still ubers worthy, but Ho-Oh is infinitely better than it and there's not much reason to ever use Lugia now.
>>
>>32382266
I know you read it.... thats... thats what i said anon.
>>
>>32382298
I wasn't the guy you replied to.
>>
>>32382322
Then whyd you just jump into our pleasant conversation and shit all over it.
>>
>>32382337
I didn't, you replied to him to address my reply from before because you think I didn't read your post.
>>
>>32382337
not him but
>pleasant conversation
>lol ho oh supporters gay peacock my hand wings thing is better
sure buddy
>>
>>32380785

>silver boxart
>badass looking legendary
>Silver glittered cartridge

Definitely felt more badass to get compared to Ho-oh, gen 2 was comfy as fuck
>>
>>32382406
Fun fact: RGBY and GS have regular cartridges in Japan.
>>
File: MATTLE_HOOH.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MATTLE_HOOH.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>32380785
Maybe back when Pokémon 2000 came out Lugia was more popular. Gamefreak has definitely promoted it more (it got its own movie, it was on the cover of Gale of Darkness, it could be obtained earlier in gen 2, etc.).

But despite the fact that Ho-Oh has never been in a movie, and the fact that it was kind of hidden in Pokémon Colosseum compared to Lugia being on the box of XD, I still think Ho-Oh is more popular now. Basically everyone knows that Ho-Oh was in the first episode, and Ho-Oh is just cooler. Everyone knows it's supposed to be a phoenix, whereas Lugia is just some weird aquatic bird/whale thing.
>>
File: google searches.png (33KB, 901x657px) Image search: [Google]
google searches.png
33KB, 901x657px
>>32382490
>I still think Ho-Oh is more popular now

Not even close
>>
>>32380785
I don't really know.
Gen 2 had some of the weakest designs as far as mascots go (although the normal Pokemon were fine).
We had a phoenix, although it was an ugly one, so Ho-Oh felt rather unnecessary, and Lugia, while people claim it as "majestic," comes across more as awkward, as the wings are not structured as wings but rather flat, human-like hands, and it has a face that looks like it is trying to be both draconian and avian at the same time, but doesn't manage to be either.
>>
I just like it cause it looks like a dragon. This is legit the only case of this for me
>>
>>32382490
The symbolism Ho-Oh has is amazing, though I still like both members of the Tower duo.
>>
>>32382544
A lot of that is people who want to fuck it though.
Not disagreeing, but just saying. No one wants to fug the phoenix.
>>
>>32382490
>Everyone knows it's supposed to be a phoenix, whereas Lugia is just some weird aquatic bird/whale thing.
It's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryūjin
>>
>>32382720
Interesting. It always just seemed like a whale with wings to me. Especially it's "song" in Pokémon 2000.
>>
>>32382879
I believe Lugia and Ho-oh represent the dragon/phoenix duality in Eastern tradition. Although Lugia might also be a Kun Peng.
>>
>>32380785
Because of feet
>>
>>32383040
they are some pretty good feet
>>
>>32382950
You're thinking of dragon/tiger.
>>
>>32383040
No!
>>
>>32383482
Post feets
>>
>>32380785
Both because its design is better and its movie was good too. My favorite movie, in fact.
>>
>>32382490
Ho-Oh should have been on the box art for Colosseum at least, with the protag/Wes and Rui being present with Espeon and Umbreon as it is now. It got shafted as it was only seen once you purified all shadow mons. They should have done something akin to Ash and Pikachu with Wes and Rui or Wes and Umbreon/Espeon.
>>
>>32383418
No, I'm thinking of dragon/phoenix. Dragon/tiger is something completely different.
>>
>>32382028
>Suicune was featured in the Celebi movie if i remember correctly, and was already popular because of its design
Also Crystal
>>
>>32380989
lugia is worse than ho-oh in every ubers iteration to date
>>
>>32386112
>never played gen two and three meta
>>
>Not a Water/Flying type
>>
>>32381545
Wrong thread?
>>
>>32387614
>still bitching about Water
It's a powerful psychic that hides in the bottom of the sea to seal its powers, numbnuts
>>
>>32387614
Lugia didn't originate from the water. It came from the burned tower and fled to the sea and uses its phychic abilities to manipulate the water.
>>
>you'll never live in underwater cave with Lugia all by yourselves so you can keep away from the prying eyes of normies
>you'll never sleep inside her tummy to keep you warm when it gets cold
Why even live
>>
>>32380901

Neither Lugia nor Ho-Oh can 2HKO each other and they both have recovery moves.
>>
>>32389135
>+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Lugia Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 39328-46272 (280914.2 - 330514.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>32389155
You see a lot of SpA+ Choice Specs Ancient Power Lugias?
>>
>>32390960
No.
>>
>>32382490
A lot of people still don't know what the rainbow bird from the first episode is called
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.