[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would competetive pokemon look like without smogon and vgc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: mega_steelix.png (166KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
mega_steelix.png
166KB, 400x480px
What would competetive pokemon look like without smogon and vgc? What if there were no banned moves and no banned pokemon in 6v6 singles? double battles? Would it all be legendaries fighting legendaries or would some normal pokemon make it to the competetive scene?
>>
>>32380611
It would just be AG
>>
cancer
>>
AG + Funbro
>>
>>32380611
Like unregulated street fighting
>>
Remember the early days of pokemon and everything was about Mewtwo? Imagine that but now it's Mega Fug and friends. That being said, VGC is a joke regardless and Smogon has always been fighting a losing battle to instill something that cannot exist. This was always either just for fun or it was designed with the idea that whoever was doing it was not aware of the inner mechanisms of the game. It's like playing jacks against a 3 year old. Of course you're going to win.
>>
>>32380661
So actually enjoyable with alot of unpredictability, nice.
>>
>>32380677
Everyone already uses the same 10-12 pokemon anyway why not just play with the legendaries?
>>
>>32380611
I wish Mega Steelix had more Sp. Def. Give it 125 Sp. Def and Stockpile and Anmesia
>>
>>32380718
>Everyone already uses the same 10-12 pokemon anyway
>120 Pokemon in the SM OU viability rankings S to C
what did he mean by this
Or are you talking VGC?
>>
>>32380611
So what the fuck happened to make this guy OU?
>>
>>32380611
It would be 99% legendaries fighting legendaries. Mega Fug, Xerneas, Primal Groudon, etc woukd be on every single team.

>>32380713
Not at all. By "unregulated street fighting" he meant that everyone shows up with a tank.

>>32380718
That's for VGC. Smogon is a different story.
>>
>>32380793
I was talking about vgc, sorry i wasnt more clear.
>>
>>32380611
Double team and minimize destroy teams
>>
>>32380618
>t. Smogonfag
>>
>>32380611
Literally AG. People who wanna dick around would use mememons or the ones they like while people who wanna win would stick to MegaFug, Primal Groudon and cheap tactics like minimize Chansey. Whenever people say Smogon has centrilised the use of certain pokemon it feels like they're convinced that if tiers didn't exist the most used pokemon would become less powerful SOMEHOW
>>
File: fug fug fug!!.png (131KB, 575x472px) Image search: [Google]
fug fug fug!!.png
131KB, 575x472px
>>32380611
6 mega fugs/mega fugs+arceus(1-3)+P-groudon

Maybe Xerneas occasionally to stop fug
praise fug
>>
>>32380939
What I want to do is get rid of this mentality that somehow Smogon is the only set of rules or that it's somehow "better". How about we just use the pokemon we want and you all shut up! You can't have a competitive community that way? That's the thing...I don't think competitive should've existed to start with.
>>
>>32380963
If people wanna play casually there's literally nothing stopping them. Just go on AG and use whatever you like. But there will always be a group of people who play to win and you can't change that, and so they'll use strategies and pokemon that allow them to win. You can't demand "mandatory fun" because some people just like competition, holy shit

The best compromise I can think of is showdown creating a "for fun" format which is like AG but unranked, so people would be less inclined to rely on broken pokemon. Otherwise you can't just expect people to drop competitive just because you're not a competitive person yourself
>>
>>32380713
People abusing baton pass Eva hax
Ohko moves being common
Little to no respect at all so you could expect ppm stalling.
Flash spamming.
Darkrai, gengar and breloom putting whole teams to sleep.
>>
>>32381049
SMOGON IS NOT THE BOSS OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

*breathe*

Indeed, there should be a way to keep the two environments from interfering with each other, but due to human nature, there may not be a good way of doing that. An open environment would be full of nothing but the strongest pokemon anyway, thus making it impossible for anyone to get into it. However, yes, there shouldn't really be anything preventing people from using the pokemon they want, either. Sadly, pokemon will never be equal, no matter what measure is made. Either way, someone is not satisfied. The only recourse is if you don't care if you lose. Apparently, I do not understand such a concept. Then again, I do not understand why we feel we must compete at all. I don't hold anything against you for feeling differently, but unfortunately, I cannot understand, either.
>>
>>32380963
>What I want to do is get rid of this mentality that somehow Smogon is the only set of rules or that it's somehow "better". How about we just use the pokemon we want and you all shut up!
Smogon has pretty much every major metagame on their simulator, regardless of whether or not its a meta made by them. You can play AG, VGC, even fucking hackmons or custom games. Are you retarded? Have you really never actually gone on Showdown?
>>
>>32381623
Again, I don't need YOU to tell me how play pokemon.
>>
>>32381636
you are fucking retarded, holy shit
>>
>>32381298
>SMOGON IS NOT THE BOSS OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
>*breathe*
autism

Why is it so hard for antismogonfags to understand these 2 blatantly obvious things:
a)Smogon is the only meta where almost every mon is somewhat viable
b)Smogon has never once implied that its format is better or more official, in fact it supports VGC, Battle Spot, and pretty much everything else on their simulator (that they pay for)
>>
>>32381646
I shouldn't have to go to you just to play pokemon.
>>
File: 1489002718176.png (143KB, 275x274px) Image search: [Google]
1489002718176.png
143KB, 275x274px
>>32381636
>"Smogon doesn't tell you how to play, in fact you can play literally any kind of format on their simulator, you could even make one up if you wanted to"
>Again, I don't need YOU to tell me how play pokemon.
>>
File: 1488749179227.gif (478KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
1488749179227.gif
478KB, 500x348px
>>32381654
then play it on your ds, are you baiting or just mentally ill
>>
>people replying to babby's first bait
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.