[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which mon is canonically the least intelligent? i'd say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1473696069226.png (119KB, 441x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473696069226.png
119KB, 441x400px
Which mon is canonically the least intelligent? i'd say quagsire but i really like that pokemon
>>
>>32375819
rhyhorn, i think
>>
>>32375819
Almost all Pokemon are of doglike intelligence or lower. Certain legends, Oranguru and possibly the Abra line are the only ones with human-level sapience.
>>
>>32375819
bidoof
>>
>>32375819
Rowlet
>>
>>32375828
>Alakazam
>possibly Human-level
Hu-huh?
>>
File: 6d9.png (59KB, 404x404px) Image search: [Google]
6d9.png
59KB, 404x404px
>>32375819
Probably Slowpoke
>>
>>32375828

Ninetales, Lapras, the Latios, and Lucario are also stated to be able to understand human speech, so they also have human-level intelligence.
>>
>>32375819

We're not going with slowpoke/bro?
>>
>>32375828

This is wrong. Most Pokemon have near human levels of intelligence. They're certainly smarter than a dog.
>>
>>32375819
Pyukumuku
>>
>>32375819

honorable mention to komala, because it doesn't even experience full consciousness
>>
whichever pokemon you like the most
>>
>>32375847
>>32375853
>psychic type pokemon
>least intelligent
>>
>>32375828
source: my ass
>>
>>32375819
Tentacool and Tentacruel because jellyfish have no brains.
>>
>>32375857
Damn poor weavile
>>
>>32375854
Your source?
>>
>>32375852
>>32375828
>possibly the Abra line are the only ones with human-level
>understand human speech, so they also have human-level intelligence.
>Assuming that the human level is the top of intelligence
>>
>>32375819
Rampardos are pretty dumb. Dumber than Cranidos, at least.
>>32375828
>doglike
Really? Because there's plenty of regular animals that are much smarter than a fucking dog. Add in magical superpowers and all that shit and I'd say that the majority of Pokemon could outsmart your average dog.
>>
Slaking
You must be very stupid to be insanely powerful and a lazy fuck at the same time
>>
>>32375863
They're still not very intelligent, they can just use their minds in ways we can't. If Slowking is any indication, they have a good brain but just don't know how to use it.

Otherwise I'd go with Psyduck.
>>
>>32375886
>Otherwise I'd go with Psyduck.
>literally "tfw to intelligent to not get migraines from all the brainlets around me" the pokemon
>>
>>32375886
>Psyduck

It has a constant headache, so it'd be pretty hard to be competent with chronic pain. I'd say it does pretty well. Humans kill themselves over chronic illness.
>>
>>32375847
>>32375853

It's not actually stupid, it's just slow.
>>
File: 129.png (602KB, 984x984px) Image search: [Google]
129.png
602KB, 984x984px
How has no one mentioned Magikarp? It's literally the worst Pokemon. The Pokedex describes it as "the most pathetic" Pokemon. The ONLY positive thing ever said about it it is that it helps fill other Pokemon's bellies. The only positive thing about it is that it dies and becomes food.
>>
>>32375819
We have absolutely no way of knowing. The anime is most likely not canon to the games and the pokedex is an incredibly shaky source at best that constantly contradicts itself.
>>
>>32375819
the sea cucumber
>>
>>32375927
didn't they say in the anime it's just scales and bones too?
worthless even as food
>>
>>32375857
>Metagross has 4 supercomputers if I remember correctly
I don't think so
>>
>>32375855
This. Literally canonically has no consciousness.
>>
File: 089Muk.png (361KB, 899x899px) Image search: [Google]
089Muk.png
361KB, 899x899px
>>32375819
It's difficult to say.
All pokémon are able to obey commands, even piles of toxic waste, or ones which are specifically described as especially stupid in their pokédexes, like Rhyhorn.

Thus, if we exclude the possibility that pokéballs make what has been captured by them extremely obedient (which is still a possibility) It could be concluded that all pokémon are at least on par with dogs.

From there, it only goes upwards. Pokémon described to be on equal footing with humans and going even further beyond (Alakazam among others) aren't exactly uncommon.

This entire argument stands and falls with the idea of pokéballs making what they capture into more or less robotic slaves of the trainers command.
Rhyhorn, which is said to be "A Pokémon with a one-track mind. Once it charges, it won't stop running until it falls asleep. "-(Yellow pokédex entry) yet it can remember four complex moves and recall them instantly once their trainer demands it.

Meanwhile, pokémon with above human intelligence and sometimes even the ability to see the future itself go against their better judgement and make wrong moves if their trainer commands it.
>>
>>32375819
Fuck you and your dex humping. I believe nothing that that hunk of junk says and you can't convince me to.
>>
Honestly the only way To find the answer would be to read the dex entries or see how they act in the anime. Ryhorn and magicarp are probably the 2 dumbest.
>>
>>32375828
Zoroark can speak english in B/W
>>
>>32376292
when did i mention the pokedex
>>
>>32375884
Actually, there's nothing to do with intelligence. It's the law of conservation of energy or something like that, since it is so powerful that it need more energy to maintain it, that's why it's so lazy, they need to recover.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.