[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug type gets retconned bug pokemons either have that type removed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: blank.jpg (26KB, 650x510px) Image search: [Google]
blank.jpg
26KB, 650x510px
Bug type gets retconned
bug pokemons either have that type removed completly or change it to poison type

(beedril and venmoth gets flying type)

y/n?
(pic unrelated)
>>
>>32373226
What bug types need is an actual buff, and so does grass type. They need better moves and pokemon to be any good save for the few outliers
>>
>>32373236
grass type is immune to spore and resists thunder and ground
it got plenty of healing moves as well. its a good defensive typing even with weakness to fire, flying and poison.
>>
One of the dumbest ideas this board has ever come up with.
>>
>>32374155
if you could remove a type which type would you remove?
>>
>>32374192
None of them.
>>
>>32374210
if you HAD to remove a type which type would you remove?

look, im not blaming you for being a bugfag. bugs are really cool. but its not like you dislike bug pokemons that aren't bug type.
>>
>>32374155
>>32374210
These
>>
>>32373226
SHIT idea. Bugfriends are very common.
>>32374192
You'd have to be a raging autismo or a "REMEMBER DA GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN THERE WAS NO FAIRIES?" faggot to want any type gone.
>>
Fuck that noise. Ice type needs more resistances, like to water, grass, flying, normal and ground.
>>
>>32374221
I'd remove YOU, OP
>>
>>32374239
funny i don't see people like you in threads about correcting bug type. i think changing existing types is more disrespectfull than actually removing them.
>>
>>32374239
im a bug pokemon type according to online quiz i took so yeah, my thoughts exactly.
>>
>>32374192
Rock, probably. Most of the types weak to it have enough weaknesses as it is, it's a shitty defensive typing, and it thematically overlaps with ground.
>>
>>32374192
If I was forced at gun point to get rid of a type, I'd go with merging Ground + Rock into 1 type.

If your problem with Bug type is its inconsistencies (Why are some arthropods Bug-type but other are not? Why is Shellmet the only gastropod that's Bug-type?), then my solution to that would be to give Bug to certain single typed Pokemon like the Krabby, Clauncher, and maybe Goomy lines. Maybe even Trapinch, Corphish, Shellos, Crabrawler, and Slugma (but not their evos).
>>
>>32374221
None of them. Every type is beautiful and deserves to exist.
>>
I like how type charts are more complicated than just a list of weaknesses, resistances, and types they are super effective against.

For example, grass being immune to powders, Fighting having a good selection of strong moves to choose from, Normal types generally having really good coverage, Rock types having a ton of special defense in a sandstorm without needing an ability to do so, etc.

I've always felt like Bug was interested around the type being bad, but the Pokemon within the type being good with highish BSTs, decent stat distribution, and good abilities. Sure, on paper bug seems like a shit type, but then you remember Scizor, Pinsir, Heracross, Scolipede, Galvantula, Volcarona, Yanmega, Forettress, Durant, and so on. All pretty strong Pokemon and that's just off the top of my head.

There needs to be more intricacies in the type charts imo, those are a lot more interesting than just weaknesses and resistances.

I have some ideas as well. Psychic should be immune to Confusion, Ice types should have an extra 20% chance to freeze with all Ice attacks, stuff like that.

And inb4 the bugs I listed suck, I don't subscribe to the "if it isn't OU it's shit" meme. Each one of those is probably better than at least 75% of fully evolved, non legendary Pokemon.
>>
>>32374358
I do agree strongly!
>>
>>32374377
Pretty much every pokemon you listed would be better if it lost the Bug type
>>
>>32373226
Now this is a special case of retardedness
>>
>>32373248
But Grass is one of the three main starter types, so it deserves better.
>>
>>32373226
mage
>>
>>32374239
so fairy type then?
>>
>>32379036
I'd be down with Fairy getting removed.
>inb4 butthurt dragonfag
Actually I'm mad because of Bug, Dark and Fighting being the ones getting nerfed instead of dragons
>>
>>32374192
Remove Flying-type.
Replace it with the identical in all but name Air-type.
>>
>>32374377
Freeze is such a bullshit status cpndition
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.