[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>Their names are Jessica, Ashley, and Michael I'm confused.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: DJ_Leo_Dugtrio[1].png (881KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DJ_Leo_Dugtrio[1].png
881KB, 1280x720px
>Their names are Jessica, Ashley, and Michael

I'm confused. Is it a male Dugtrio or a female one?
>>
One of them is mentally ill. Tey're all female.
>>
All Dugtrios are colonies, and each has its own seperate gender. The Dugtrio as a whole is referred to by the whatever gender has the majority.
Two females/one male? It's female.
Two males/one female? Male.

Since 3 is odd, it's never tied. No issues.
>>
>>32371454
(You)

>>32371459
I like this theory
>>
>>32371459
Good enough.
>>
>>32371459
But what happens if some of them aren't neither male or female?
>>
>>32371560
that's impossible
>>
>>32371519
(You) cause things like this >>32371560 to become mainstream when you accept people with mental illness like that as if nothing is wrong with them. Stop it.
>>
>>32371449
yes
>>
>>32371560
When was the last time you heard of a mole with gender dysmorphia?

>>32371617
Don't mix up sex and gender. Sex is absolute. Gender is tricky. Brains are weird.

>>32371625
Hey man, don't get so upset. Maybe stay off of /pol/ for a while. They're monsters on a children's cartoon. It's fine.
>>
>>32371670
unless stated otherwise we are talking about sex absolutes, stop assuming we're discussing mental depravities and errors like those.
>>
>>32371670
*dysphoria

Politics have formed the "gender =! sex" concept. Please understand that it harms everyone involved when you allow delusions and mental illness to go untreated. It causes schisms within families, doubt among one's own self and mental image, confusion among the youth, and distrust among many people (Just another divide - not only dealing with sexism or racism, now we have to deal with "misgendering" and "proper pronouns. Just wait til "kin" becomes "normal.")

And before you say it, yes, "slippery slope" is a logical fallacy. But precedence in allowing more and more leniance in the populace is not.
>>
>>32371697
>"slippery slope" is a logical fallacy
>but this which is essentially the same isn't
what
>>
>>32371689
Yeah but the post at the base of this says:
>All Dugtrios are colonies, and each has its own seperate gender.
So yeah, we were talking about gender. It was stated.
>>
>>32371709
Actually, it's correct. "Slippery slope" is the fallacy that says "if x is allowed, then y is allowed." However, precedence in pulling back restrictions, for example, is evidence that it may likely happen again, and isn't a fallacy.
>>
>>32371697
>*dysphoria
Oh shit, you're right. Woops.

>Please understand that it harms everyone involved when you allow delusions and mental illness to go untreated.
How would you suggest treating it? As intrinsic as gender identity is to a person's sense of overall identity, it seems impossible to alter it without causing irreperable damage. Almost all cases of someone going through treatment for this kind of thing lead to significant negative effects.

And if it's untreatable, we have to learn to accept it. Do you think people with autism should be shunned from society? Because if you do, wew lad. And this is a similar situation. It's a disorder, certainly. But if it can't be treated, it has to be accepted.

>>32371717
You've just restated the fallacy with extra words. High school plagiarism style. It's still slippery slope.
>>
>>32371697
I hate trannies as much as the next guy but please keep this shit on /pol/
>>
>>32371767
>You've just restated the fallacy with extra words. High school plagiarism style. It's still slippery slope.
I see what he means. It's a bit different. It's not:
>If Y happens, eventually Z will be allowed because humans don't know when to stop
It's:
>When we let X1 happen, Y1 happened. It's likely that X2 will result in Y2
>>
>>32371625
But that's not mental illness.
>>
>>32371988
Yes it is. It's a usually benign mental illness that latches onto a host and gives people triggered by that host a malevolent strain of it
>>
>>32371975
But if X2 is a progression of X1 and Y2 is a progression of Y1, then you've literally just restated slipper slope. You just said, "if we do this, we'll do more". That's slippery slope.

You can do all the mental gymnastics in the world. It's still a silly fallacy.
>>
>>32371625
You are acting wayyyy too triggered, snowflake.
>>
>>32371449
Michael can be a female name.
>>
Originally a female Dugtrio named Jessica, then when she evolved the other two heads showed up, and they were nicknamed Ashley and Michael for band reasons, but they're still female, just that Michael is pretended to be male for band reasons.
>>
>>32371459
But the Pokedex calls them triplets that emerge from one body.
>>
Michael is the cute tomboy
>>
what's the difference between a single dugtrio and three diglett?
>>
>>32371449

You know you can give a male animal/monster/whatever a female name and vice versa, right?
>>
it is pronounced "mi-shaal"
>>
>>32373894
One is a Dugtrio, the other is three Diglett
>>
>>32373894
See:>>32373738
>>
>>32371449
Would you the Dugtrio, /vp/?
>>
Yup they're magical monsters so it makes sense for them to have any names. Most nicknamed in-game Pokémon have nicknames based on their species.
>>
>>32371560
(You)
>>
>>32371959
>only talk about my side outside of /pol/ pls
>>
File: 1483562845515.jpg (4KB, 249x147px) Image search: [Google]
1483562845515.jpg
4KB, 249x147px
>>32371959
>>32371670
>It's the /pol/ is ebil Boogeyman meme

Kill your fucking self or learn to correct your idiotic beliefs

We live in a world based in scientific fact, there are two genders. Period. It is a biological fact

Your degeneracy is not going to be catered to by a children's videogame

The fact that you & >>>/Tumblr/ expect this is disturbing and completely retarded
>>
>>32371560
dumb namefag in disguise
>>
>>32371449
ashley is a somewhat common mens name in britain, and i've met several girls named michael
>>32371454
>no one at all even mentions transgender people
>REEEE MENTAL ILLNESS DEGENERACY REEE
i want /pol/ to leave
>>
>>32375810
/pol/ will never leave

Thank Christ, someone has to stand up to the retardation/degeneracy of the left
>>
>>32371449
>I'm confused. Is it a male Dugtrio or a female one?

It's a female, Michael is either a tomboy or a transmale.
>>
>>32371449
You sure that's not a mistranslation of Michelle?
>>
>>32371459
>You will never leave the rest of your life being stuck to two women

Actually while I was writing this, I realized it's a good thing
>>
>>32376063
They're literally your sisters, it's definitely a terrible thing.

Unless you're a redneck.
>>
>>32376250
daily reminder that incest is legal in New York and illegal in Alabama
>>
>>32376250
You mean Muslim
>>
>>32376250
>not enjoying the nonsexual company of your sisters
Man you guys must have had shitty childhoods. My sisters were both great growing up. We all ended up doing seperate things, but I'm always happy to see them when we get together.

I could think of worse people to be attached at the hip to.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.