[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trainer models: >Throw off model scale even worse >Barely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: scale.png (292KB, 400x586px) Image search: [Google]
scale.png
292KB, 400x586px
Trainer models:

>Throw off model scale even worse
>Barely animate, NPCs don't even Z dance
>Slow everything down to the point where it can't handle triples and rotations

What the fuck is the point?
>>
>>32369310

An excuse to remove triple and rotation battles
>>
>>32369345
>removing any kind of gameplay, let alone a battle format
>>
>>32369389

Nobody played Triples and Rotations

Doubles have a purpose because they're the standard format
>>
>>32369701
But removal of content while still having to pay full price for a game is wrong.
>>
>>32369826

Triple/Rotations aren't "content", they're game modes that never caught on and thus had no reason to return
>>
>>32369945
I liked them. Plus, even with the trainer models on screen they should have had the same number of models as royals and multis, so I don't get why they were scrapped.
>>
>>32369310
>muh wailord scale
You want wailord to take up the entire screen?
Stop with your autismal screeching you freaks
You're looking for any straws you can grasp at just to screech that the game sucks and it's annoying as all hell
If simple shit like this actually bothers you then I don't think any game will satisfy your autism
>>
>>32370181
I didn't say it has to be 100% accurate, just better than it is. More importantly why force a feature that does more harm than good?
>>
>>32370181
I actually would be fine with wailord taking up much of the screen by hovering int e air above your character like the actual fucking blimps its based on.
>>
>>32370249
>like a blimp
When in the anime has it ever floated like a blimp
In fact, I vividly remember an AG episode where one was beached on a shore, that wouldn't happen if it could fly like you're proposing
>>
>>32370263
YouTube wailord physics. Most science channels assert that it's volume to weight ratio may be less than the air it displaces giving it at least neutral buoyancy.
>>
>>32369310
What's worse is that the models actually ARE to scale in the files. If you download and view them in Ohana, they're actually proportionate to their dex sizes.

It's just using them in battle that they're all rescaled.
>>
File: qACLK3E[1].jpg (19KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
qACLK3E[1].jpg
19KB, 500x240px
Wailord in Pokemon Battle Revolution
>>
>>32369701
They're was only around three double battles in the entire game.
How is that "standard"?
>>
>>32370523
he's a vgcfag. just ignore him.
>>
>>32369826
Do you toss a shitfit whenever a character in a fighting game is dropped between games?
>>
File: HNI_0059.jpg (13KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0059.jpg
13KB, 400x240px
>>32370889
Not him but I was pretty pissed about a lot of the characters in MvC2 getting the axe over a bunch of literal whos in MvC3
>>
>>32369826
No it's how games work. If some content doesn't fit into the final product or has trouble working it gets removed. Also there were never that many places to have those battles in previous games anyway so you could go through a game without having any and not notice a difference.
>>
>>32371149
Sorta like when smash dropped squirtle and ivysaur for charizard and waifu emblem shilling
>>
>>32370889
Yes. Talim getting removed in the new Soul Calibur is ridiculous.
>>
>>32371432

Charizard was the only reason Squirtle and Ivysaur even made in in the first place

With transformations (and the Ice Climbers) being cut because of 3DS limitations, there was no reason to bring Squirtle and Ivysaur back, they're not important enough to be their own characters.
>>
>>32370181
Small pokemon are not small

Seriously they all just needed to start scaling pokemon from the smaller ones.
>>
List of things gen 8 has to do to make me love the gen in its entirety:
>Size-accurate models
>evolution mid-battle (the anime did exactly one (1) thing correctly)
>over 110 new Pokémon
That's it. That's all I need.
>>
Go back to sprites. Colosseum and Gale of Darkness both had it right with the Wailords being huge.
>>
So I can see all the nip's cute trainers when battling online
>>
File: 1463702882233.png (2KB, 177x149px) Image search: [Google]
1463702882233.png
2KB, 177x149px
>>32371668
>mid battle evolution being the only reason ash/satoshi won so many of his gym/prominent battles and how an actual retard won the unova league
>good
>>
>>32371668

They stopped having Pokemon evolve mid-battle (at least for important battles like gyms, rival battles, and league battles) after BW
>>
>>32371668
>over 110 new Pokémon
70 or Pokemon would be fine if they didn't stuff a sizable number of them in out of the way areas at absurd encounter rates. They really need to up the participation of Pokemon in the standard single player so they get more face time and develop more of a presence. Like the Mudsdale that always showed up with Hapu.
>>
File: dissing against god.png (273KB, 622x528px) Image search: [Google]
dissing against god.png
273KB, 622x528px
>>32369310
>>Throw off model scale even worse
They were never to scale in the main games, and never in "connectable" games outside Colosseum, GoD and PBR.
>>
>game is literally called "Pocket Monsters"
>want them to be as huge as an original Xbox

Fuck off cunt.
>>
>>32369826
>But removal of content while still having to pay full price for a game is wrong.
That's how Pokemon games have been working since its beginning though
>>
>>32372555
Okay, but there's technical reasons why they couldn't accurately scale 2d sprites. While 3D games has no excuse since changing the scale of a model has no incidence on how it would run, the only thing that matter is the polygon number of the model
>>
File: 1428015655711.png (2KB, 134x157px) Image search: [Google]
1428015655711.png
2KB, 134x157px
>>32369826
what did he mean by this
>>
>>32372701
>has no excuse
The 3DS's shitty screen was probably excuse enough.
>>
>>32372701

The 3DS's resolution

You'll also notice that the game uses camera angles to make the Pokemon look bigger/smaller than their models actually are
>>
Not as buttblasted because I don't care, but when I saw the tiny Wailord in S/M I kek'd. RIP my whale homie, no idea what they dump in Alolan waters but it fucked him up bad.
>>
>>32372756
>>32372766
Yeah, fair points, hope it will be fixed once Pokemon comes out on Switch
>>
>>32372701
>but there's technical reasons why they couldn't accurately scale 2d sprites
What reasons? There were trillions of games coming out for GBA or DS that had way bigger, and scaled, sprites. Such as Golden Sun.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.