[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain what went wrong. Hard mode: Without listing and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: x-y.jpg (57KB, 460x203px) Image search: [Google]
x-y.jpg
57KB, 460x203px
Explain what went wrong.

Hard mode: Without listing and explaining the flaws
>>
>>32368340
>A 3000 year old man

I mean this game is about magical creatures, but this?
>>
lack of difficulty even without exp share on. it's sad that they threw away the challenge mode from b2w2
>>
The level design is subpar at best.

The writing and storytelling is horrendously bad.

Auxiliary content is lacking, both in quantity and quality.
>>
Bad stories and characters. Region and music was pretty dull. Too easy. Everything else is okay. Online was pretty good and easy to use when it wasn't laggy. It was fun when it first came out but I haven't touched it in what, two years or something? Honestly had more fun with ORAS
>>
/vp/ doesn't have nostalgia for it
>>
A lot. The terrible pacing, the lack of difficulty, the terrible characters, the worst implementation of StreetPass in existence, the really generic and unmemorable soundtrack, the frame rate drops, the jenky movement, etc.

This game could have been incredible, but GF dropped the ball in so many ways. It's so obvious that the game's development did not go smoothly and that they were forced to make serious compromises in order to get it out in time for the 2013 holiday season.
>>
>>32368397
>a game can't be objectively good, it's only good because of nostalgia
Most retarded meme I've seen on /vp/ so far
>>
>>32368340
Shit pacing. For some reason the path between the first and second gym is bloated as fuck but nowhere else is it anywhere close to that.

Characters are especially bland. I'm not going to pretend Pokemon has deep and complex characters but I really don't give a shit about fat dancer, chipmunk girl, and egghead. Your rival is also a pathetic bitch-ass punk and Lysandre's goals make no sense.

Difficulty is kinda fucked with or without the Exp Share. Gamefreak needs to step up their AI.

The gen that introduced Mega Evolution has no megas within its own set of new Pokemon up until fucking ORAS. Fuck you, GF. Also, extremely low amount of new Pokemon.

Kanto pandering is stupid. Yes, we fucking get it. Kanto is the best, etc. Can I have something new now?

Little to no legendary lore aside from muh 3000 year old war that is dropped onto you like a sack of bricks and never brought up again.
>>
>>32368340
it's shit
>>
>>32368340
A bit too easy.

Still much better than any gen 4 or 5 game. Especially gen 4.
>>
Completely dropped the ball on everything from characters and the world after how great B/W/B2/W2 handled them. Transition from 2D to 3D also removed a scope of the world as zones feel smaller than before (routes are either a single stretch of land with avoidable grass or a small square of grass that is easily bypassed).
>>
>>32368555
>A lot. The terrible pacing, the lack of difficulty, the terrible characters, the worst implementation of StreetPass in existence, the really generic and unmemorable soundtrack, the frame rate drops, the jenky movement, etc.

I have the exact same complaints about SM, which does not make me hopeful for the next installment
>>
>>32368649
Sun/Moon's music is great.
>>
File: 1398644446647.png (1MB, 1200x1158px) Image search: [Google]
1398644446647.png
1MB, 1200x1158px
>>32368340
It had four main flaws for me. First was difficulty. It was too easy. Everything was too easy. Having access to Mega Evolution only made it even easier.

Second was the level design. The aesthetics were good, but the level design was terrible. They took the formula they've been applying to 2D games, and tried to use it on a 3D game. It doesn't work. Just moving is a hassle. The skates didn't help that.

The amount of content. There was basically nothing to do other than fighting the League and Maison.

Characters and story. Before SM, Pokemon has never had good characters and story outside of spin-offs. But at least they're not annoying, most of the times. In this game, though, they're actually shit. Did they really expect anyone to care about a fat faggot going on about dancing?
There are some tolerable characters. Like Calem or Emma. But they don't get any screentime. The retards do. Generation 5 had tolerable characters, mostly. Fuck the entirety of Team Plasma, but the rest were at least tolerable. And TP were the bad guys, so I got some satisfaction from destroying them. But now they take Team Plasma and DPPt tier characters, and shove them in your face as friends. It was annoying to say the least.

ORAS partially fixes the characters and level design, and SM fixes the rest, so I'm happy GF at least know where they fucked up.
>>
>>32368657
Similarly, XY had some good tracks among the shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL0PgiEfrAA
>>
>>32368815
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5tiS2yYCk
>>
>>32368340
Too many decent gift Pokemon and free megas during the early areas of the story.
>>
>>32368714
The level design and writing in SM is worse than in XY.
>>
File: IMG_5827.jpg (4MB, 2485x2690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5827.jpg
4MB, 2485x2690px
>>32368627
>Still much better than any gen 4 or 5 game. Especially gen 4.
>>
>>32369037
Hahahhahahaahahahahhaahahah.
Now i'm fucking done.
People like you is the reason behind why shit like Twilight sold millions of copies.
>>
[32368627]

Sorry, sold out on (You)s.
>>
File: autisticscreeching.png (296KB, 662x786px) Image search: [Google]
autisticscreeching.png
296KB, 662x786px
>>32369037
>level design
eh
>writing
(image)
>>
>>32369063
For the record I don't like the writing in XY at all.

It's better by the sole virtue of being less prominent. That's all.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.