[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/ what are your opinions on Pop Culture mons? Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: cyclops_by_brasiopkmn-danmtyx.png (265KB, 800x844px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops_by_brasiopkmn-danmtyx.png
265KB, 800x844px
Hey /vp/ what are your opinions on Pop Culture mons?

Do you enjoy them? If so, what are some ideas you would like to see? I'd personally like to see a Batman & Superman fighting duo similar to Gen 1 hitmons or Sawk and Throu.
>>
>>32367654
The problem with pop culture mons is that you would have to make them timeless so people in the future would know who you based them after, like hitmon chan and lee are based on famous martial artists that people still know and recognize.
>>
>>32367668
To be fair I didn't know the Hitmons were based on Chan and Lee until a couple of years ago.
>>
>>32367707
I understood that at 7
>>
>>32367654
>Pop Culture mons

...what?
>>
>>32367668
>hitmonchan is based on jackie chan

i hope you're not as retarded as you seem
>>
>>32367756
Pop Culture mons are Pokémon that are based on pop culture and fiction from the real world.

Examples:
Tyranitar (Godzilla and Space Godzilla for Mega)
Aggron (Metal Godzilla)
Volcarona (Mothra)
Bisharp (Kaijin)
The Hitmons (Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee)
Ledian (Pulseman)
Probopass (Mario)
>>
File: 1483538183234.jpg (48KB, 458x336px) Image search: [Google]
1483538183234.jpg
48KB, 458x336px
>>32367841
>Probopass (Mario)
>>
>>32367668
>>32367707
>>32367731
>>32367841
The Hitmons aren't based off of Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee you fucking retards. Their Japanese names show that they're based off of (and named after) a pair of Jap literally whos.

It's another one of those Gen I retard translations because the guy at the translating team had his head up his own ass, like remanding Speed Star to Swift or Hyperball to Ultraball... or Barrierd to Mr. Mime.
>>
>>32367841
Rotom is also based on Pulseman.

The hitmons in japan share a similar name reference too with part of their names referencing martial arts stars in japan.

Not sure if it counts but Diancie seems to be at least partially inspired by the Magical Girl Genre of anime in design. Mega Diancie in particular. Its shiny also resembles Witch/Evil Madoka to normal.
>>
File: bsetmon.jpg (1MB, 1600x1228px) Image search: [Google]
bsetmon.jpg
1MB, 1600x1228px
Bset mon is Bset mon
>>
File: 1492274066304.jpg (147KB, 804x636px) Image search: [Google]
1492274066304.jpg
147KB, 804x636px
>>32367990
>>
>>32368229
what is this and where can i see the rest of it?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.