[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Latest GF interview, anyone able (and care) to translate? h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: gf.jpg (39KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
39KB, 605x454px
Latest GF interview, anyone able (and care) to translate?

http://www.pokemothim.net/2017/04/junichi-masuda-e-shigeru-ohmori.html
>>
phone posting right now
keep this thread up for a couple hours and I'll translate it
>>
>>32365513
No problem, i will
>>
>>32365380
I can read monkey, most of the question/answers are kinda meh besides the part where Masuda says that it's hard to say anything about the Switch because he heard that it's a home console that you can take anywhere (instead of a pure portable), so he just will watch it for now before thinking what GF can do with the Switch.

I think it means that Gen 7 will entirely be in 3DS for now, no "Red/Blue remake for Switch" like some people were speculating.
>>
>>32365706
>I think it means that Gen 7 will entirely be in 3DS for now, no "Pokémon Stars for Switch" like some people were speculating.
Ftfy
>>
>>32365706

All Wrong. No 1st gen remake remake.

1st gen is overrated and overused.
>>
>>32365380
you can literally stick it in google translate and get a perfectly understandable translation. usually google translate sucks but seemingly not this time.
>>
>>32365747
Google Translate is constantly being improved. It's still shit, but no way near as shit as it was in 2012.
>>
>>32365380
From Google Translate (1/2):

"In a new interview, this time with Games Ch, during the Polymanga 2017 in Switzerland, Pokémon producers Junichi Masuda and Shigeru Ohmori talked about the success of Pokémon GO, Sun & Moon, their expectations for the Nintendo Switch and also about The future of the franchise.

Games Ch: Why are there always two versions of Pokémon games instead of one?

Ohmori: Pokémon is a game based on communication between players so it was always our intention to make two different versions of the same game so that people could really find each other and exchange Pokémon with each other.

Games Ch: What did you think about the great impact of Pokémon GO in the world?

Masuda: I've been working on the game, especially on its interface, besides of course the soundtrack. I just did not expect GO Pokemon to be so impacting in society. I think we were lucky, but we can not deny that the game itself is interesting and its launch was also important.

Games Ch: How do you explain the huge success of Pokémon Sun & Moon?

Ohmori: This is very difficult to answer because we are not sure, but in everything we work to make it a great game was important, so I think this is part of the success and also, of course, Pokémon GO was essential. The franchise's 20-year anniversary also boosted its success. The launch of Pokémon Red, Blue, Green and Yellow in 3DS Virtual Console was also important.
>>
>>32365380
>>32365778
From google Translate (2/2):

Games Ch: What were the main differences in the development of Pokémon Sun and Moon in relation to the previous titles of the series?

Ohmori: This was my first Pokémon title where I've been ahead as lead director, so it was very challenging for me because I have a lot of new things to discover in terms of development. I had a lot of decisions to make so for me it was very different. For the development team was also a new challenge because they would have to work differently than the previous director.

Games Ch: What influence can the Nintendo Switch have on the Pokémon franchise?

Masuda: It's hard to say because the Nintendo Switch has just been released and the first thing I understood about it was that it's a home console, but it can be taken anywhere. I think we have to look at the product a lot more before we think of everything we can do.

Games Ch: How does it feel to work with a franchise with great influence worldwide?

Ohmori: We are very proud to work on a series like Pokémon and of course we are very happy to see that the franchise is still popular. The responsibility of developing a new game is very big, so what I can do is just do my best to make the games.

Games Ch: What are the plans for the future of Pokémon?

Ohmori: Pokémon for us is a way to entertain people, so we are always doing all this so that players around the world are happy and satisfied with the product. Our goal is always to do the best to meet the expectations of the fans, but also is to walk beyond your expectations to surprise them as much as we can. So we're always planning some new features in our games for people to keep enjoying."
>>
>>32365784
Lame non answers again
>>
>>32365784
>Pokémon for us is a way to entertain people, so we are always doing all this so that players around the world are happy and satisfied with the product. Our goal is always to do the best to meet the expectations of the fans

>so that players are satisfied with the product

>always to do the best to meet the expectations of the fans

Holy fucking shit they're laying out their asses big time.
>>
>>32365784
>meet the expectations of the fans
They say this now, and yet in a previous interview they said they downright ignore the expectations of the fans to keep the games "fresh". Fuck Masuda and Ohmori should just fucking die.
>>
>>32365778
>Even GameFreak doesn't know why the hell Sun and Moon were a success
Really makes you think
>>
>>32365811
When just the brand name of a franchise is enough to sell a lot, I guess the pressure of making something with 100% of your effort to sell well is almost non-existent.
>>
>pokemon go made an impact of the world
two weeks of attention was a impact on sm sales how?
>>
>>32365784
>So we're always planning some new features in our games for people to keep enjoying
You are also removing for no reason old features that people enjoyed
>>
>>32365896
Absolutely, lots of people got back into the main Pokemon games all due to GO putting the series back on their radar

A few weeks of every normie talking about something is incredibly powerful
>>
>>32365896
Thrusting pokemon back into the conscious of society at a magnitude we haven't seen since 2000, rekindling an older generation's fondness of the series and more thoroughly introducing a new generation to it.
>>
>>32365784
>Our goal is always to do the best to meet the expectations of the fans, but also is to walk beyond your expectations to surprise them as much as we can.

Haha, no.
>>
>>32365811
read it again
>>
I don't see what can be done. No RPG has that engaging of a battle system unless it's an action RPG. Of course, I say this while currently playing an RPG in which it's important to lay on buffs, but that's only marginally more than what pokemon does. Maybe I don't know what it is I'm looking for, though, since back when platformers were king, that stuff was only difficult because I was inexperienced. As time has worn on, what few platformers remain, I can almost instantly figure out what to do. Was the difficulty I thought of merely an illusion? That's probably why the only difficulty I can still see is knowing how and when to dodge junk, whereas in an RPG, most of the time, it's just press A to win. Sometimes you need to know the right "A" to press, or even WHERE it needs to go. That can usually be figured out easily. I don't know what anyone else is seeking, but I can see why the battle system is no longer engaging for anyone. Unfortunately, that's always been true for me and I never needed to play pokemon constantly.
>>
>>32365706
>no "Red/Blue remake for Switch"

Literally no one should want that. We don't need another case of nostalgia blowing up in fans' faces.
>>
>>32365788
Well what do you expect. They're in an industry where the slightest hint they're considering something is taken as hard proof they are doing it by retarded fans and media alike.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.