[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's stopping Pokemon from forming their own civilization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: 1488382183620.png (9KB, 454x288px) Image search: [Google]
1488382183620.png
9KB, 454x288px
What's stopping Pokemon from forming their own civilization in the main series?
>>
>>32362433
GF being garbage at writing
>>
File: Lake_guardians_DP[1].png (231KB, 1000x755px) Image search: [Google]
Lake_guardians_DP[1].png
231KB, 1000x755px
>Uxie: It is said that its emergence gave humans the intelligence to improve their quality of life.

>Mesprit: When Mesprit flew, people learned the joy and sadness of living. It was the birth of emotions.

>Azelf: When Azelf flew, people gained the determination to do things. It was the birth of willpower.

Only humans have the intelligence, emotions, and willpower required to establish a society
>>
>>32362463
>Pokemon endowed humans with these traits
>but Pokemon lack them
really gets the neurons firing
>>
Their slave mentality.
>>
They're too smart to do it.

The thing I wanna know is: How on earth did early humans survive in the Pokemon world, and how did they end up like they are today?
>>
>>32362433

Ghetsis may have been a hypocritical asshole, but he was right. The world of Pokemon is an oppressive society.
>>
>>32362579
It's often said that maybe we don't see weapons like guns in Pokemon because they have the Pokemon to fight. Perhaps that goes back to the beginning. Considering the kind of damage Pokemon can take, maybe a spear or bow wouldn't be as useful against wild Pokemon as it would regular animals. So instead of focusing on inventing such things, early human tribes worked with Pokemon that would be considered friendly and easy to work with today, like Growlithe, to fight against other Pokemon. So Pokemon training and battling has existed since even the earliest hunter-gatherer societies.
>>
>>32362433
Pokemon, while intelligent, don't have the inginuity, forethought and strategic that humans have, which lead to humans being the dominant species.
some pokemon take advantage of this trait, living with humans to help become better themselves, which is how i presume pokemon training came about.
>>
>>32363238
Explain Alakazam and Metagross.
>>
>>32363461
Someone can be really smart yet lack common sense.
Don't confuse intelligence for wisdom.
>>
>>32363031
That's what I've speculated as well. humans wouldn't be fighting amongst each other as much if particular wild pokemon pose a far greater threat.

Oh wait, now I remember about the castle in XY and how it mentioned a war between people and pokemon being involved and killed.

Could also be that human history unfolded in the same manner as real life, but particular miracles, pokemon and/or humans, changed the course of history and the world was led to the kind we see in the games and anime.
>>
>>32362433
many pokemons live in groups. whats stopping them from going further is that humanity reached there first and we would have none of it.

>mfw there is a secret sociaty of pokemons who pretend to be quelled down while plotting the downfall of humanity
>mfw its the psychic type pokemons like hypno, kadabra, mr. mime grumpig that in on the secret
>mfw traitor waifumons psychic are holding back those evil kikes plans
>>
File: sleep well little ones.png (35KB, 1363x343px) Image search: [Google]
sleep well little ones.png
35KB, 1363x343px
>>32362579
HFY

>>32363031
you guys do realize that just as humans of today are not the humans of prehistoric, the pokemons of today are not the same as they ware back there right?
>>
File: 1307921523622.jpg (429KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1307921523622.jpg
429KB, 1280x720px
>>32363534
>>
>>32363461
You can have all the knowledge in the world on something but when it comes to executing it, its often another story.
>>
File: 36557.png (43KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
36557.png
43KB, 250x250px
>>32363534
Some pokemon do live in societies like Passimian being basically wilderness living American Football/Rugby teams. Others though seem to basically truly live like what theyre based on such as Durant colonies behaving like superpowered giant ants.

There are also clearly ones smart enough to use tools on a basic level like Cubone with bone clubs, Komala using logs as a pillow and hammer like weapon, and the Timburr line weaponizing human building support constructs.

I think the games just give us a broad strokes version that focuses more on human settlements and their known surroundings. Who knows whats off the map in unsettled locations in the series.
>>
>>32362433
They simply don't want to or feel the need to
>>
>>32363031
Guns are used and exist, they just aren't commonly used, as Pokémon area a much safer alternative, and are probably reserved to war
>>
>>32362433
Oranguru and a few legendaries are the only Pokemon with human-like intelligence. The rest are lower order animals, similar to a dog or a cat.
>>
>>32363915
Looking at the Kalos war in game and in generations this seems true. The Pokemon are even armored up, likely to battle to the death in that. I would imagine human knights fighting other humans and Pokemon in battle would of occurred too but compared to what a Pokemon can do compared to a human to something else, they probably acted more as military commanders like trainers telling entire groups of Pokemon what do to.
>>
>>32363930
>What is Alakazam
>What is Metagross

And they're surely smarter than Oranguru. Like, even some monkeys in our world can use tools and they are nowhere close to humans.
>>
>>32363946
>>What is Alakazam
>>What is Metagross
Creatures that can't utilize their intelligence in the same way humans do. Alakazam has never been shown to manipulate anything more complex than its spoons– Metagross is a computer, and I don't need to tell you how limited computers are, the captcha below your post entry tells you enough.

Also it goes without saying that Pokedex entries are apocryphal.
>>
>>32362433
Strength. Humans bring out the best in Pokemon and make them much stronger than they would be in the wild.
>>
>>32362579
>>32363031
Veilstone's Myth is about a young swordsman.
A young man, callow and foolish in
innocence, came to own a sword.
With it, he smote Pokémon, which gave
sustenance, with carefree abandon.
Those not taken as food, he
discarded, with no afterthought.
The following year, no Pokémon
appeared. Larders grew bare.
The young man, seeking the missing
Pokémon, journeyed afar.
Long did he search. And far and wide,
too, until one he did find.
Asked he, "Why do you hide?"
To which the Pokémon replied...
"If you bear your sword to bring
harm upon us, with claws and
fangs, we will exact a toll.
"From your kind we will take our
toll, for it must be done.
"Done it must be to guard ourselves
and for it, I apologize."
To the skies, the young man shouted
his dismay.
"In having found the sword, I have
lost so much.
"Gorged with power, I grew blind
to Pokémon being alive.
"I will never fall savage again.
This sword I denounce and forsake.
"I plead for forgiveness,
for I was but a fool."
So saying, the young man hurled the
sword to the ground, snapping it.
Seeing this, the Pokémon disappeared
to a place beyond seeing...
>>
>>32362463
>>32362480
Maybe humans are the only ones to have a combination of the 3 in the right amounts to result in civilization.

>>32362433
I think it is because they are too powerful. We developed tools because we were too weak. We don't have claws or fangs to kill prey, we don't have fur to protect our bodies from the cold, we can't spit fire, don't have tentacles to reach a fruit on the top of a tree or able to swim as well as aquatic animals.
>>
>>32363930
source?
>>
>>32364019
my ass
>>
>>32362433
White people colonizing Africa. Pokemon would literally be on Mars right now if Whities didn't take their Technology and make everyone forget that We Was Slowkings
>>
>>32364019
All main franchise Pokemon games
Feel free to replay them if you're confused
>>
>>32362433
>Human civilization basically revolves almost entirely around caring for pokemon and letting them do everything they love (eat, fuck like rabbits, and fight)

Better question is if humanity can really say they have a civilization in pokeworld or if they're living to the whims of pokemon?
>>
>>32362579
Maybe psychic Pokemon felt bad for them and built society for them.
>>
I think Oranguru/Alakazam etc. are too chill to care.
And the ones who actually do have some ambition (like the reported Oranguru who use Pokeballs) know not to stay in the public eye.
>>
>>32364246
Pokemons domesticated humans so they would build a civilization to take care of pokemons.
>>
>>32364272
This seems less silly the more I think about it. I mean Magnemite is apparently an ancient Pokemon and could have acted as the starting point for a lot of electronic technology for people, and there's certainly enough psychic Pokemon that could have shaped society from behind the scene, not just including the lake trio. That and the fact that Pokemon themselves seemed to reject Ghetsis' plan in BW as a whole.
>>
>>32362433
Poke snacks. Humans rule the world with them
>>
>>32364291
Does anyone have that official illustration of Magnemites on cave drawings/hieroglyphics? Not sure what it was tied to.
>>
>>32364102
epic meme my friend
>>
>>32364272
>>32364291
So is there a Poke-N who tells pokemon to Release their humans?
>>
>>32363933
>shown using Light of Ruin in the backstory
>still can't receive it legitimately
Really activates my almonds
>>
>>32363461
>tfw to smart to build a society
>>
Because they don't want to, they just want to fight.

Just like how I potentially COULD abandon my laptop to start using it less, be good at school, find a job, get a boyfriend, get my own home, and have children. But I love fandom too much.
>>
>>32362579
Humans are incredibly durable in the Pokemon world. Professor Kukui literally takes hits from Pokemon moves for research. Also Pokeballs exist and Pokemon seem to inherently obey trainers who capture them and whom they respect.
>>
BECAUSE HUMANS ARE THE BESTEST THING EVER IN ANY UNIVERSE AND NOTHING CAN EVEN DREAM OF BEING US
>>
>>32363491

I guess it all comes to;

people and mon were fighting
something happened
furewer furiendoshipp
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.