[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Blastoise has cannons >Kadabra and Alakazam have spoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1319941721200.jpg (40KB, 363x331px) Image search: [Google]
1319941721200.jpg
40KB, 363x331px
>Blastoise has cannons
>Kadabra and Alakazam have spoons
>Hypno has a pendulum
>Hitmonchan wears clothes
>Jynx wears clothes

Remind me again why Gen 5 gets so much shit
>>
Because /vp/ is willing to fall behind anything to incite genwar
>>
What's the best way to utilise a Slaking, /vp/?
>>
>>32362452
Not doing it
>>
File: 1473910398212.png (67KB, 233x232px) Image search: [Google]
1473910398212.png
67KB, 233x232px
>>32362289
The simplicity and style of Gen 1 pokemon make them feel more natural but of course they have things to distinguish them from regular animals and make them unique. It's never been established that pokemon don't look good with unnatural objects attached to them; the aforementioned pokemon you are referring to overall gain more by adding artificial attachments. Whether it be conveying more of a theme(ex. Hitmonchan, Kadabra, Hypno) or making them look more threatening(Blastoise), the artificial parts add more to the design and fit aesthetically. With gen 5, people are more so making the wrong complaints. The problem isn't how unnatural design-elements detract from a pokemon's design; the problem is that a lot of gen 5 pokemon have messy, complex designs that add nothing to them whatsoever and noticeably have a more exaggerated cartoony design. A lot of these pokemon just happen to be based off of objects. This combination of things that turn people off and the flashy designs presents an aesthetic that just feels tired. The gen 5 dex feels like 45% dex filler and 55% gamefreak actually cared. With the displeasing and unmarketable designs of unovamons, pokemon would not have become what it is today if gen 1 took place in Unova. That being said the gen 5 games are without a doubt some of my favorite in the series and I liked where gamefreak was going with their games. Too bad gen 6 and gen 7 took a steaming pile of shit on it in favor of hand-holding('member when we had to memorize type-effectiveness in order to git gud?), weak stories with bland, cookie-cutter characters; and making the game 10x easier with the new and improved exp.share!
>>
>>32362356
we though gamefreak learned not to do it at that point
>>
>>32362289
Jynx is cute, cute!
>>
>>32362452
choice band with shadow claw, retaliate, giga impact, and EQ
>>
>>32362452
Balanced hackmons
>>
>>32362452
Doubles with Whimiscott
>>
>>32362471
>weak stories with bland, cookie-cutter characters; and making the game 10x easier with the new and improved exp.share!
except these concepts hadn't changed since the beginning, and the EXP Share in gen one acted the exact same as in X and Y. hell gen 1 didnt even HAVE a story.
>>
File: ruptna.jpg (112KB, 836x795px) Image search: [Google]
ruptna.jpg
112KB, 836x795px
>>32362452
by having a cofagrius on your team with eject button
and making sure one of slaking's moves is pursuit.
>>
>>32362289
Teenage cynicism from fans
>>
>>32362471
>weak stories with bland, cookie-cutter characters
Which is still better than what gen 5 gave us.

Gen 6 and 7 do shit on gen 5, in the sense that they're better in pretty much every way. Gen 5 was just gen 4: playable game speed edition.
>>
>>32363596
>teenage
Nigga that was all coming from people well into their 20s
>>
File: 250px-647Keldeo.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-647Keldeo.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>32362289
weapons and clothes aren't a problem
shit like pic related is the fucking problem
>>
>>32362452

Deposited in a box
>>
>>32362289
Also
>Machamp has a belt
>>
>>32364232
>Ornamental Kelpie Horse
>Its a problem
>>
>>32362452
Hackmons, albiet its just a worse regigigas there.
>>
>>32364276
It is if it looks like MLP reject.
>>
>>32365378
HOW MUCH TIMES I HAVE TO SAY
BLACK AND WHITE WERE IN DEVELOPMENT BEFORE MLP PREMIERED
>>
>>32365464
"looks like" is not the same as "is".

Keldeo would lok better with Ponyta's proportions. Especially its head.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.