[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon has lost its edge. I feel like it doesn't entertain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Pokemon has lost its edge. I feel like it doesn't entertain me as much anymore.
>>
>>32359492
You just grew up.
>>
Take a break and play other games.
>>
>>32359492
Same. I wonder if I ever really enjoyed it.
>>
Honestly the move to 3D really dialed down the hype. This is basically what Pokemon is going to be and look like for the foreseeable future. Nothing is going to feel fresh and exciting again.
>>
>>32359492
>A children's monster collection series doesn't feel serious to me anymore

Play Devil Survivor then.
>>
>>32359508
>le you just grew up meme

Fuck off.
>>
>>32359508

>Played the shit out of Harvest Moon as a child
>Download the new Story of Seasons
>Still love it

Gamefreak just went to shit.
>>
File: 1487312779028.jpg (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487312779028.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
>>32359492
>ドドドドドド
>not ゴゴゴゴゴ
>>
>>32359520
This
>>
>>32359508
No. Too nice. Too much handholding. No more isolation.

In previous games it felt like a quest and an adventure. Now it feels like a hassel and errand after errand. I could make a better game.
>>
>>32360032
Then go play the previous games.
>>
File: s.png (176KB, 425x551px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
176KB, 425x551px
>>32359731
>mfw I'm playing Pokemon Sun and Devil Survivor at the same time lately.
>>
>>32359545
That's the problem with constant improvement. Eventually you hit a ceiling and there's no BIG improvements you can make in terms of graphics or gameplay.
Or at least it'll be harder to spice it up.
>>
I'm considering just dropped modern Pokemon and going back to the GBA-DS era. It was pretty fantastic and there's enough content to keep me satisfied for a long time.
>>
>>32362163
*dropping
>>
>>32359545
if game freak keeps making drastic changes in the environment, like they did this gen, things will keep being fresh!
>>
>>32359508
Our age had nothing to do with the loss of enjoyment. Game Freak just don't about the series as much as they used to.
>>
>>32359492
It kinda sucks really. Growing up Pokemon and Mario were the two things that I loved. Mario has remained great but it saddens me that I can't say the same about Pokemon. Hell, my favourite game atm is botw and it kinda sucks because I'll probably never be able to say that about any pokemon game
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.