[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone love Serena so much?, I would've run off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 7

File: Miette is better.jpg (90KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Miette is better.jpg
90KB, 1024x576px
Why does everyone love Serena so much?, I would've run off with Miette if I was Ash.
>>
>>32359401
Because she a qt.
>>
>>32359401
forced "they knew eachother" plot which would make shipping them a lot easier.
what they dont understand is that ash is destined to be forever alone because he has to team up with a female character of significant importance from each and every region.
>>
because she's qter
>>
>>32359444
>forced
People love to use that word yet they dont know how to do something non-forced

If that was forced, then every plot in the entire fucking history of planet that had a "they knew each other" is forced
>>
>>32359401
She looks cuter and had more to do with Ash. Simple as that. I hate Serena with a passion, think everything about her was shit, but I liked the romance subplot. It was cute. That's more enough reason for me to like something.
And for the other girl, I liked her more, so I don't want to see her suck Satodick. I hate Serena, I hate Ash, put them together, and you save every other girl from sucking Satodick as well as get a cute romance subplot. There's no negative anywhere in this.
>>
>>32359463
No, it was literally pulled out of ass when they made Serena. We've had known Ash for 15 years, and suddenly, turns out he had met a French girl, in the short amount of time that girl was in Kanto, he saved her and made her attracted to his dick, and LOOK! The fate has brought them together again, as soon as Ash got to France. Everything about that set up was forced.
>>
>>32359488
>We've had known Ash for 15 years, and suddenly, turns out he had met a French girl
Ash didnt recognize her at the beginning. He didnt remember her, so no reason to complain about "why did ash never say anything"
>he saved her and made her attracted to his dick
She didnt get "attracted to his dick", she just got the crush and wanted to see him again.
>The fate has brought them together again, as soon as Ash got to France
It isnt so much about fate, since serena saw him on TV and tracked him down. Yes, she tracked him down, she didnt just find him. Fate would have been that she was just walking and then boom, HEY I REMEMBER YOU
>>
>>32359401
muh cute, muh romance, muh blushing
>>
French girl is an obsessive stalker
>>
Has Ash got any action in Hawaii yet? I've not been watching that back to school bullcrap.
>>
>>32359550
no, and he wont.
>>
>>32359550
Maybe with Mallow or Kiawe. But I doubt romance will ever be touched again. They literally retconned Misty. Their intentions are clear. If they hype up romance with one girl, have her kiss him, then just say lol no and repeat with another girl, the shitstorm would actually affect the show.
>>
>>32359488
>forced
Almost every other pairing in anime too.
>>
>>32359572
Aw you had to remind me of Misteh, I just got over her
>>
>>32359587
Misty's been gone for 15 years. If you "just" got over her now, that's rather odd.
>>
>>32359550
fyi we're like 20+ episodes in and the majority does not even take place at school
>>
>>32359401
Because of the romance subplot. I fucking hated it and think it was the worst thing they had ever done up until Alan and the league, but shipping attracts people.
>>
File: No one likes Serena.jpg (24KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
No one likes Serena.jpg
24KB, 600x338px
>>32359401
>everyone loves serena
Just your average amourfag pretending to not be one and starting a thread to seek attention for a dead ship anons, nothing new here
>>
>>32359401
>Watching the dub
>>
Even though people like to go on and on about Ash being the self insert, I think Serena is the self insert for older female fans.
>>
I wish we got an anime version of Leaf
>>
>>32359488
>>32359514
Wait, so to get it straight, this is how it goes.

A girl visits another country with her parents. In the short period time she is there, she gets in danger. That alone is an unlikely event in itself, but in that exact moment, a boy her age comes to save her. The girl falls in love. Now, skip forward a few years, everyone has forgotten that event, but the girl still in love over that one thing that happen years ago. Now, in a rare event, that boy is visiting her country! Even her region! All randomly. But that's not all. As soon as he gets there, he gets on TV! And look, the girl also saw him on TV! There are so many stories that get brought up on news, but from all of them, but she, someone who don't care about news or even TV, ends up seeing this one story. And recognizes him. Because she still remembers that one time she saw him years ago. And then proceeds to track him down, tracking down one person in an entire region. And then ends up traveling with him. For no reason.

I'm not asking everything to be realistic. No, that would be bullshit. But this is another level of unrealism.
>>
>>32359674
>never watched the anime: the post
>>
Ash needs to get together with the hot new Anabel
>>
I'm just happy Pokeshipping is dead, and that pokeshippers will never see Ash/Misty together. That's all that really matters.

I wouldn't have mind if Ash/Dawn happened either, just as long as it's not with Misty.
>>
>>32359703
Anabel is dead
>>
>>32359674
Of course it was contrived bullshit, but nobody cares because muh cute romance. God I hate shippers.
>>
>>32359674
Wow it's almost like it's anime or something
>>
Hasn't Ash had a romance with all female traveling companions? or just Misty & Serena?
>>
Blonde hair, blue eyes, very clearly puts out. You do the math mi amigo
>>
>>32359734
Any good anime wouldn't rely solely on random turns of event. Even Pokemon stories don't, for most part.

>>32359738
Nope, just Misty and Serena. And Anabel and that one gay girl from Sinnoh. And that blue haired girl in OP from Kalos. And Alan.
>>
>>32359738
Never with misty, only serena.
>>
>>32359738
Misty is pretty much nothing in the cartoon itself. Pretty much the same relationship as Iris.
Serena is pretty one sided too. I don't think Ash has really ever opened his doors. Probably because boys his age who watch the show wouldn't care much anyways.
>>
>>32359738
Nope, although Ash/Dawn had a close strong bond, they were basically treated like siblings. In Japan Pearlshipping was the most popular Ash ship before Amour came along, and they still support it heavily over there.
>>
>>32359757
>delusion without source: the post
>>
>>32359747
And Shota. One look at him and it was immediately clear he wanted Ash's dick.
>>
>>32359768
Kek, I hope you're joking. All throughout DP and even nowadays Japan still creates more Ash/Dawn fanart or posts screenshots of Ash/Dawn moments in the anime on their twitters. Dawn herself was popular so they shipped her with Ash because they liked their interactions.
>>
>>32359747
Who's the gay girl from Sinnoh?
>>
>>32359401
>forgotten childhood meeting
>girl keeps a memento from it
>the girl searches for him and finds him at the start of the series
>boy eventually remembers her
>she was the first girl all along
>first kiss bullshit
It's like they were trying to see how many romance tropes they could get away with in the anime. It didn't help that Serena was pure idol waifu/shipbait, and Ash was a self insert like a LN protagonist.
>>
>>32359778
That's probably why Ash had zero character in XY. To make it easier for the kiddies to self-insert over him.
>>
>>32359777
Zoey, but the girl that anon is referring to is Angie.
>>
>>32359778
>It didn't help that Serena was pure idol waifu/shipbait
Not to defend her, but everyone but Misty and Iris were too. I'm dead tired of contest oriented companions.
>>
>>32359776
And there are shit ton of twittes about Lana, Lillie and Mallow, even Kiawe. Every episode, you get a quite a few. Does that matter? No. The only thing is, Twitter and Pixiv existed in Dawn's time. It didn't in May or Misty's time. And Iris was shit.
>>
>>32359791
Maybe, but I think they were just trying to structure him around a generic battle shounen hero, which is why he actually seemed to be good at battling if nothing else in XY.
>>
>>32359804
Not purely. Other girls battled and were more headstrong. Serena was nothing but forced waifushit.
>>
>>32359808
But people legimitately shipped Ash/Dawn for years and still do now. It's only fallen under the radar a bit because of how huge Amour became, but you have to remember what the fandom was like prior to XY. Most active pokemon fans especially in Japan shipped Ash with Dawn, because as said nobody cared about Iris, Misty is non-existent in Japan with Ash, and May was paired with Drew so they moved on with Dawn.
>>
There was also Casey and Macy from Johto
>>
File: pokemon_158743_9.jpg (41KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_158743_9.jpg
41KB, 560x420px
>>32359753
The most hilarious thing about this delusion is they actually had some mutual romantic tension. Misty managed to make Ash blush, something Serena never accomplished, not even by fucking kissing him.
>>
>>32359840
That just has to do with Ash himself written differently in the OS than XY. Ash himself was treated like a kid/moron, and the OS was more comical with slapstick.
>>
>>32359821
I can believe May not being a ship. It wasn't, even in west. I can believe Misty not being big. But do you have ANYTHING to back up your claim that Ash/Dawn was huge? Or are you just going to repeat this until someone believes?
>>
>>32359840
Ash had a lot more character range back then. He was a brick wall in XY.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggaIHoJg6IY
>>
>>32359862
>>32359614
>>
>>32359848
And yet even as a comical dumb kid, he felt more for Misty than for Serena.
>>
>>32359840
My favorite feature of Misty was her spunky attitude and her midriff.
Togepi completely pacified her personality and you never fucking see her midriff anymore because she's always holding it. Fuck you Togepi you shit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzfgiG6c5Sk
>>
>>32359873
>spunky
Anon...
>>
What's up guys? It's Bob here.
>>
>>32359873
Babies are shit. It's really that simple.
>>
>>32359889
Why did they change Misty's skin tone so much in later seasons.
>>
>>32359915
Because she's been using Nivea Body Cream.
>>
>>32359811
There was no need to make him that generic.
>>
PoffleShipping FTW
>>
>>32359401
did she actually like Ash ?, or was she just teasing Serena ?
>>
>>32360112
That's a good question actually
>>
>>32359849
Advanceshipping was pretty big in the early/mid Hoenn era, simply because it was the first time people could ship Ash with a major character not named Misty. Pearlshipping is huge because you can see all the Japanese fanart for it and the way people talked about it on various pokemon communities for years.
>>
File: Grils.jpg (43KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Grils.jpg
43KB, 540x304px
These two have sexual tension... w each other
>>
>>32360224
Otp
>>
File: 1417551024277.png (68KB, 564x478px) Image search: [Google]
1417551024277.png
68KB, 564x478px
>>32359401
Oh look, it's yet another "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!" thread. You idiots are quickly approaching Verlisifyfag territory with this autism.
>>
>>32359738
>Misty
>watching the dub
It was in OS for all of like six months, then it was dropped and quickly forgotten about.

Unless you watched the romance that 4kids essentially fabricated by altering the dialogue, which is part of why ">watching the dub" is a common reply here.
>>
>>32360168
>>32359848
>>32359821
>>32359776
>>32359757
>>32359707
Fuck off, Scott.
>>
>>32360366
Do people like you actively look for Scott posts in threads just so you can say "Fuck off, Scott?"
>>
>>32360382
They do.
>>
>>32360382
Yes. Ironically his screeching autism is a hundred times worse than any Scott post.
>>
>>32360309
Give a single example where 4kids altered for romantic context.
>>
>>32360556
>>32360568
Oh look, two more autists trying to fit in. You guys are completely delusional.

>>32360366
He's fucking hopeless. He's been banned from at least four different places permanently for spamming and trolling, yet he keeps doing it. All you can really do is filter him and make sure to tell him to fuck off so newfags learn who he is. Don't listen to the other autists, they're basically a collection of morons in their own right and some of them spent 20 years in MS Paint drawing ebin meimeis to whine about "muh Scott"
>>
>>32360577
There's an episode in Johto where the dub has Misty saying that she and Ash will be married some day.

The Jirachi Movie has Ash talk about missing Misty when in the Japanese, Satoshi is just telling Masato to make the most of his time with Jirachi.

They literally changed the flashback sequence in Misty's last episode as a main character and made it more about her and Ash than about Misty by herself.
>>
File: 14726512543647.jpg (257KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14726512543647.jpg
257KB, 1280x720px
>>32359401
I want to protect her smile
>>
>>32361583
All correct, but with or without 4Kids changing up dialogue to add in PokeShipping hints at times, there were also hints present in the Japanese Version as well at other times (some of which 4Kids kept, too).

I wish this "PokeShipping was only done in 4Kids' dub" meme would fuck off, though, it did happen a bit in the Original Japanese Version at times as well. And really, Ash is clearly not going to get with any girl, so why the fuck should anyone care?
>>
>>32362469
Most of the hints in the Japanese version died down after Orange Islands. There's not a single hint over the entire span of Johto, until maybe Misty's last episode, and that's it.
>>
>>32362469
Basically >>32362469 but most Pokeshippers are too blinded by their own biases to see that canon has turned against them. It's why they come up with shit like Serena/Clemont, or whatever the fuck their Sun/Moon FOTM is.
>>
File: a5d.gif (3MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
a5d.gif
3MB, 540x304px
>>32359401
>not Shota
If that's the case
>>
>>32360224
X SCISSOR
>>
>>32362469
Nobody here said Pokeshipping was totally absent in the original. Just that it was confined mainly to one season, after which it was pretty much discarded.

The sheer number of dub edits does make a lot of westerners mistakenly think that Pokeshipping is on par with a romance subplot like Satosere and act like Misty will come back for Ash even though that's not the same conclusion you'd get from watching the show in Japan.

Only on 4chan and other English speaking forums does there still seem to be any real dispute over whether Satosere is the law of the land. In Japan, it is, because they don't need everything to be signed on legal documents for something to be canon (or "canon at some point off screen in the future" in this case), especially in a kodomo that doesn't obey the normal rules of time passage.
>>
>>32361646
shut up, shauna
>>
>>32362534
Pokeshippers are so stupid they tried to say the white Kasumi baby-breath flowers in the last XY episode was a reference to Misty, implying that Misty is still with Ash in his heart. And this is the same episode where Serena kissed Ash and Yajima confirmed it's endgame. Then again these are the same Pokeshippers who have been ranting since the beginning of AG back in 2002 about Misty returning, so it's 15 years of autism for them.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.